Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dartigan
Oct 7, 2013

Atomic Spud posted:

This stuff cannot be real. I refuse to believe that someone gets paid to post videos that rate anime fanservice. What the gently caress blip.

Just check out the garbage produced by That Guy With The Glasses contributors. It boggles my mind that some of those people make enough to quit their jobs and do it full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartigan
Oct 7, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

So I have a Youtube question. If I become a partner am I obligated to monetize at least one of my videos? Or can I be a partner and not put ads on any of my videos at all?

Most partnerships require you to monetize your vids. Machinima is the worst offender. If you are partnered with them and don't select the add types they require they will do it for you.

There are exceptions though. I'm partnered with Curse and I have total control over monetization of my content. I can choose what types of adds or no adds at all.

Dartigan
Oct 7, 2013

Slowbeef posted:

I'd be interested to know horror stories from Machinima.

I have a copy of the contract Machinima sent me a month ago when they were trying to get me to sign with them. A lot of bad stuff in it. For instance, no twitch streaming. You are restricted from using any video streaming service other than youtube's live stream which sucks. You have to promote Machinima through social media likes on facebook, retweets on twitter and likes to their vids on youtube and putting their channel in your recommended list. And what makes this especially heinous is they offer you yourself no promotion unless you are already big.

Another thing is the three year contract lock in. In the past they have signed people forever to Machinima with no way to leave and forced their smaller partners to accept a smaller revenue share.

Dartigan
Oct 7, 2013
I have a question regarding the three month rule and episodic games. I was thinking of doing an LP of Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief as it was first released almost three months ago. However it was released in three parts with the latest episode being released not to long ago. My question is does the clock start after the release of the first episode or after the release of the last episode?

• Locked thread