Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Please invite me to your beta, I will probably give you money

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fartlord420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't get past LOADING =/

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

redmercer posted:

I had a similar/possibly the same problem, I got around it by setting the resolution manually with the -w and -h command line parameters.

Just tried that, I get the loading screen at 1080p now, then a crash

I guess you don't want crash reports from when I just start the game, according to the group announcement, so this is what it gives me after dropping back to desktop

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

jimbomcb posted:

A few people were getting a similar error, we weren't able to replicate it or anything like it but it's worth a shot...

i verified my source sdk files and then just restarted the computer and it started working sorry im useless!!!! I also went and made sure I had loaded hl2 dm and css on this computer at least once prior

Wish there was a US server with people in it, gungame on an eu server is no fun with that second gun =/

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 27, 2012

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where is the new beta, where is it.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You can fly before fart cop level

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could play this game online; it used to work OK, but I get pretty ridic lag spikes constantly now on the official servers (I think even the US ones). Other source games seem to work fine, so I'm not really sure whether its something with the mod, or just between me and the 4 official servers.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Obeast posted:

Also, I hope you guys keep Big Booty Bitches. That shows how awesome JB really is compared to most other multiplayer FPS games. :colbert:

I'd rather they didn't

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I did a reformat and reinstall last week, and now I get "unable to load surface prop file scripts/surfaceproperties_cs.txt (referenced by manifest file 'scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt')" whenever I try to load the game. I have css, hl2dm and the 2013 mod tools installed to a different install directory on a second drive (the official way) and this happens when jaykin bacon is either installed on the main drive, or on the same drive as the previously mentioned games (via an ntfs junction). I've ran them all prior as well. Am I just hosed when it comes to sourcemods and install directories or is it something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Orange Mage posted:

Did you RUN cs:s and hl2dm? Gotta run them so they can populate content or something. Failing that, install it all again normally without hard drive fuckery.

yes. did a match and everything.

I'm going to try with css on the main install directory this time, then give up and just move it all to the larger disk like my last install.

edit: it works. thats weird though, the mod tools and hl2dm are still in the steamlibrary folder on the other hard drive. Is that just some absolute path thing getting referenced thats loving with it?

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 3, 2013

• Locked thread