Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

iastudent posted:

Southeast of the marketplace. There's a scissors sign above the door.
Oh, I found it. Are there any other shops in Gran Soren that aren't in some obvious central place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
A question for Warrior players: I've been looking for a good action game ever since I finished Bayonetta, and since the Warrior's combat style was designed by the DMC3/4 teams, would you say that the combat in this game as the Warrior can get to that level?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did amazon sent out the pre-order codes yet?

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

toasterwarrior posted:

A question for Warrior players: I've been looking for a good action game ever since I finished Bayonetta, and since the Warrior's combat style was designed by the DMC3/4 teams, would you say that the combat in this game as the Warrior can get to that level?

The warrior class is definitely not as wacky and crazy as Bayonetta's or DMC's. However, how you time the buttons you press do change the attack. So it's like those games, but not as fast and crazy.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Is there a way to see how much a piece of armour weighs BEFORE you buy it...?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

toasterwarrior posted:

Well I am not far enough to make any real qualitative statement towards that, but do keep in mind that Bayonetta is pretty much the pinnacle of the character action genre in terms of combat, so anything else is going to be a step down.

That said I am having fun with my fighter so far, although a lot of the more advanced options are gated behind you spending points on earning abilities.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Hatter106 posted:

Is there a way to see how much a piece of armour weighs BEFORE you buy it...?

The weight is the number between the price and the amount you want to buy.

\/\/ Yes. It's a dagger core skill.

VDay fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 22, 2012

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is the dodge roll move the strider had in the demo a learned ability?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Holy poo poo this game's menu music.

GOTY.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Awww the saurians look so cute sunning themselves on rocks before you come along.

edit: I like how the game basically always gives you a choice between human enemies (on roads) and non-human enemies (off roads).

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Awww the saurians look so cute sunning themselves on rocks before you come along.

edit: I like how the game basically always gives you a choice between human enemies (on roads) and non-human enemies (off roads).

And variety, the way the armor works in this game guarantees everyone looks unique, and speaking of armor i really like how some of the raggedy looking ones actually provide more defense than the first plate armor available (particularly the skull belt or whatever), i literally rolled as Hobo-King for about 10 levels before moving on to full chain and other pieces of armor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy poo poo Pawns and enemies alike sure like to suicide themselves!

After a couple of hours I am loving this game. So generic on the surface but all of the mechanics are new and unusual.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
7.9gb install on 360! I'm only on a 20gb HD, I had to delete so much stuff :(

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

is there an install option for the PS3 version? because i can't find it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Fizzil posted:

is there an install option for the PS3 version? because i can't find it.
It streams the install as you play the intro sequences.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

Rascyc posted:

It streams the install as you play the intro sequences.

Which is really clever and more games should do this (either the mandatory install ones, or they give you an option to install and then do so in this way).

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Where are the rats that you're supposed to kill for the Rat Catcher notice board quest?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is anyone else experiencing freezing on the ps3 version or is it just me? It froze on me twice in 4 hours of play.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

VDay posted:

Where are the rats that you're supposed to kill for the Rat Catcher notice board quest?

You can find some in the well under the starting town, but they mostly generally hide out in underground locations.

E: ^^^^ I've gotten an occasional pause when there's tons of poo poo on the screen, but no freezes so far.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok, is it normal to get completely owned towards the beginning? I am fighting some worms and they kill me in about 2 hits and take a solid minute a piece to kill. There must be a dozen of them too.

I just keep taking fireballs in the rear end that instantly kill me if i have so much as a sliver of life missing.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

If someone has the official guide on them, could you look up and spoiler how to get to New Game Plus if it's stated in the guide?

I'm stuck (literally) after the post-game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

NESguerilla posted:

Ok, is it normal to get completely owned towards the beginning? I am fighting some worms and they kill me in about 2 hits and take a solid minute a piece to kill. There must be a dozen of them too.

I just keep taking fireballs in the rear end that instantly kill me if i have so much as a sliver of life missing.

I just ran away from those. My main pawn kept on yabbering we need to run and I don't really see a way to win against those things early on.

Just run back up and trigger the cutscene.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

I just ran away from those. My main pawn kept on yabbering we need to run and I don't really see a way to win against those things early on.

Just run back up and trigger the cutscene.

Ah, yeah just did that. Didn't realize my pawns would be there after the cutscene. Thought I'd lose em.

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011
So how do I know my code thing I got from Gamestop worked? :downs:

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
You start with 2,000 rift crystals.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry to repeat myself but can someone tell me when the strider gets a dodge move?

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
I'm level 15 and I just got one but I hadn't gone to add skills in probably 4 levels so somewhere in that range.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Is it clear yet whether or not certain classes are substantially harder to play than others?

The "Magick Archer" looks cool, for instance, but also possibly like something that would die any time a strong breeze hit it. (EDIT: whereas Mystic Knight looks more survivable... though guessing everyone and their mother is playing that class)

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 23, 2012

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Can you vocation change at will at some point a la Dragon Quest?

Also how do you get new moves/ put skill points in stuff? I'm level 10 and have like 4 vocation ranks and I've not seen anything with regards to upgrading my dude. (maybe I shouldn't have turned off those annoying tutorial messages.

edit: OmegaZultan on PSN, Pawn is Meyushka

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OmegaZultan posted:

Also how do you get new moves/ put skill points in stuff? I'm level 10 and have like 4 vocation ranks and I've not seen anything with regards to upgrading my dude. (maybe I shouldn't have turned off those annoying tutorial messages.
Yeah, not so early on. You have to do that at inns.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

OmegaZultan posted:

edit: OmegaZultan on PSN, Pawn is Meyushka

I think as soon as you get to the capital.

You get/set skills at the inn.

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
I think this game might have my favorite sunrises.

Mindey Tyrone
Jun 21, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Giggily posted:

Holy poo poo this game's menu music.

GOTY.

J-pop forever.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DrManiac posted:

I think as soon as you get to the capital.

You get/set skills at the inn.
No, you don't need to wait that long, you can do it at any inn including the one in your hometown and the one in the encampment.

Come to think of it, why do you have to stay at an inn in your hometown? It's only 50 gold there but still. Is there no free way to advance time?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm hoping this will change when I can hire better one, but so far pawns have been nothing but an absolutely goddamn worthless nuisance. they just die every 5 loving seconds and then get me killed when I trying to revive them.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
I'm becoming completely enamored by the pawn system. Been spending way too much time scrolling through the lists and seeing what primary and secondary skills each unit has to round out the party.

Nobody sends gifts back which is kind of lame. Spent 12,000 gold on a fake gift for someone because their pawn talked too much. Enjoy restarting when you down that heal party potion, dick.

NESguerilla posted:

I'm hoping this will change when I can hire better one, but so far pawns have been nothing but an absolutely goddamn worthless nuisance. they just die every 5 loving seconds and then get me killed when I trying to revive them.
Sucks. My main pawn goes out and retrieves the other two's corpses so I don't have to run into combat to revive them :smug:

Manticore's in the wild are terrifying and awesome. Watched a lizard man get tossed over a cliff in a dynamic introduction to death. Good game.

Buckwild Dorf fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 23, 2012

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Just got the game and started the downloads, time to throw some pigs.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

Really? Even pawns at the same level as you? At the moment all my pawns are about the same level as me and they are no more or less prone to dying than I am.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

So with Pawns, can you pick specific player's pawns or when looking online for pawns are you just given a random assortment of random people's pawns?

I don't think I saw this answered. Any answer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
For the quest early on where you need to find someone in the Witchwood, is it past the Encampment? Or am I just missing it?

• Locked thread