Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
ah thanks, I guess making a new profile is easiest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
If you're on Ps3, I could take your pawn for a ride, I'm currently on another run and still in the maingame.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
yeah on PS3. My PSN id is kubaduba_pvp

I dunno if my pawn is any good though. I don't understand the game that well

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Skilleddk posted:

Judging by the number of guardian pawns in the rift, nobody else does either. :v:

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Don't worry, I'm high level anyway and able to solo anything in Gransys by now because I'm playing on hard. I love how broken hard mode is in this game, it's so fitting.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

yeah on PS3. My PSN id is kubaduba_pvp

Here's a pastebin of some quick guides that definitely helped me when I was training up a kick-rear end pawn. I didn't really know what I was doing before that, either.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I don't know if they're sending them out in waves, but I just got into the PS3 alpha test for Dragon's Dogma Online. Unfortunately it looks like they're blocking connections from outside of Japan. Not sure if I want to bother with circumventing that.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Some new screenshots of the game. I want to play this yesterday

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/05/dragons-dogma-online-screenshots.html

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This guy looks like a fun fight.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I can't remember, should I be excited for Dragon Goddam Online? Is it coming to the PC or is it stuck on 9 year old hardware?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

CountingWizard posted:

I can't remember, should I be excited for Dragon Goddam Online? Is it coming to the PC or is it stuck on 9 year old hardware?

Its not even coming to the West yet, so don't hold your breath for a PC release.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I'm pretty sure they already said PC in Japan, so the worst case scenario is you have to use a translation guide

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Captain Novolin posted:

I'm pretty sure they already said PC in Japan, so the worst case scenario is you have to use a translation guide

Actual worst case is that it's region locked, like the beta was.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is Capcom we are dealing with here. Hope is forsaken in these lands.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lotish posted:

Looks like a re-skinned Daemon.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Lotish posted:

I bet he ill likes fire.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Genocyber posted:

Looks like a re-skinned Daemon.

It looks like a chimp got The Thing'd.

I also want to fight it right now. Dude looks ripped.

im cute fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 30, 2015

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lotish posted:

I'm fine with Hyper chimp.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 31, 2015

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Looks like the game is out on 8/27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYVolzDBq1Y

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

And no details of a western release?

gently caress this gay earth

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

SlippyFists posted:

Looks like the game is out on 8/27

Huh, that's my birthday. It would have been a cool present...

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Those are some low PC specs, also confirmed as being cross platform, so many Pawns, so many.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Warm up those proxies and prepare for lag.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Capcom's network lag is always magical. I wonder how Dragon's Dogma will be with it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I wanna see guys struggling in mid air, crushed by invisible cylcopean hands.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I might start playing this again, start from scratch and get the DLC and stuff.

I did see a video that made me laugh, though. Can someone explain why his framerate goes to absolute poo poo around 1:30? I'm not super familiar with how MK works but it looks kind of like the perfect block hits the orb and it triggers back and forth like eight times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8DRVsUYeE

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Thumbtacks posted:

I did see a video that made me laugh, though. Can someone explain why his framerate goes to absolute poo poo around 1:30? I'm not super familiar with how MK works but it looks kind of like the perfect block hits the orb and it triggers back and forth like eight times.

Nah it doesn't trigger multiple times (looks like the fire counter might trigger each orb twice based on how much damage Daimon takes), it's just the game hates the orbs already, throw in other magic effects on top and the game gets mad as hell.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

He's putting down two or three big stationary orbs that spit out three small orbs whenever they are hit by anything. Then he does a perfect block with the elemental shield which shoots out three (or more?) fireballs or holyballs, when those orbs hit the big stationary orbs he placed each one spits out three additional orbs. So after each block it's generating 20 to 29+ orbs altogether and it causes the system to poo poo itself. It's one of the easiest ways to generate damage in the game.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
That's kind of what I thought. I like MKs and have messed with them a bit but I've always been terrible at perfect blocks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Thumbtacks posted:

Man you know what.

Capcom I don't even need Dragons Dogma 2 or Dragons Dogma online.

Just get me a PC port of Dark Arisen or at least a PS4 re-master.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Dragon's Dogma Online trademark registered in New Zealand. This is something right?

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Oh poo poo, maybe Capcom will make an E3 anouncement about this? LOL yeah right...

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

That's kind of what I thought. I like MKs and have messed with them a bit but I've always been terrible at perfect blocks.

What's worth noting is that the damage that the orbs do is based on the damage of the attack it recieves. As you see in the video, he doe way more damage when he hits the sword once than he does with the full counter spam combo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dragon's Dogma is still the only game I've played where being an archer is actually fun. I really hope that MMO comes stateside, or better yet, a sequel that isn't a MMO.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Nasgate posted:

What's worth noting is that the damage that the orbs do is based on the damage of the attack it recieves. As you see in the video, he doe way more damage when he hits the sword once than he does with the full counter spam combo.

It's the pips below the health bar that matter. The counter spam combo is taking off multiple pips of life. The normal sword swing orbs are only taking off partial health from a single pip of life. It really does do an idiotic amount of damage.

Lexorin fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 13, 2015

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
This game frustrates me, I like the game itself and the character creator is cool, did some cool quests and got some cool gear then I did some other quest and got wriggity wrecked son, in fact there's not much that I've done in this where I'm not getting almost wiped and have to run, are the pawns supposed to be retarded? I swear they just do whatever the gently caress they want to do, like hey I see you're fighting that cyclops at the bottom of this huge spiral staircase, well we're gonna go ahead and run up the spiral staircase and back down it a bunch of times cool?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The people making the pawns are usually the retarded ones. If you see "Guardian" on the pawn's profile, don't even bother with it.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Dragon's Dogma is still the only game I've played where being an archer is actually fun. I really hope that MMO comes stateside, or better yet, a sequel that isn't a MMO.
I second this sentiment, Dragon's Dogma is easily the game where I've racked up the most hours played on my Xbox 360.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

This game frustrates me, I like the game itself and the character creator is cool, did some cool quests and got some cool gear then I did some other quest and got wriggity wrecked son, in fact there's not much that I've done in this where I'm not getting almost wiped and have to run, are the pawns supposed to be retarded? I swear they just do whatever the gently caress they want to do, like hey I see you're fighting that cyclops at the bottom of this huge spiral staircase, well we're gonna go ahead and run up the spiral staircase and back down it a bunch of times cool?

If you're on the 360 you can take my pawn for a spin. I spent some time getting my pawn's inclination to be more useful. My gamertag is ImANarc. I could also take yours for a spin since all this MMORPG talk has gotten me back in the mood for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mad Dragon posted:

The people making the pawns are usually the retarded ones. If you see "Guardian" on the pawn's profile, don't even bother with it.

That said, pawns can be pretty goddamn stupid re: things like bottomless/leech-water pits no matter what their traits. Also, get ready to hear IT FEARS FIRE :byodood: a lot.

• Locked thread