Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
Hey! What's with the clearly biased review section? What if I want to read poorly written and inane reviews by people who can't be bothered to make an effect to play the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

All the pawns I make end up looking like some form of celebrity. My current main character reminds me of Alec Baldwin's weird pursed lip thing he does in 30 Rock. The last pawn I made ended up looking like Sigourney Weaver from Aliens 3.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Holy poo poo. That Kotaku review and comment section is a disaster.

I've been getting the error when I tried to rest at an in for a few now. I can still summon pawns though. Odd.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This can apply to nearly anything on Kotaku now.
Kotaku is getting pretty :godwin: about the Dragon's Dogma issue. Someone called out the reviewer in a subsequent article about Dragon's Dogma DLC for posting a clearly inflammatory piece and got warned by an editor over it.

I was surprised to find someone had actually used my brown beauty and I got some items! It's a little distressing that when I go into the rift 80% of the pawns I see are female striders.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Lotish posted:

Is there a trick to killing seagulls as a fighter? I swear I killed a few while I was on my way to the encampment, but when I got there I got a quest to hunt them and now it's like they know :tinfoil: and they fly away before I can do anything.

I've been trying to do this since I started the drat game as well. Somehow my friend managed to kill one when I was playing with my cat, he said he just kind of strolled up to it and beat it to death.

That fuckin' bandit castle near the starting area is insane. I'm level 22 and just getting demolished over and over. Humans are OP :colbert:

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Holy poo poo.

What the hell is with the quest when you meet the Duke's wife in her bedchambers? What happens if you beat the Duke's rear end while he's choking his wife out? I quit after the gameplay was ushered in after the cut scene because I didn't want to gently caress my game up by being a horrible kingslayer.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I interrupted him, it did not go well for me, in a way I was not expecting. What happens if you do it the other way?

edit: also I was amused that it plays out identically if you have a female main character, or indeed if she has a mohawk and looks like one of the raiders in the Fallout games. The duchess isn't picky I guess.
I'm not sure. I'll need to log back on and try it out. I kind of got the feeling the developers intended for you to interrupt. I'll try waiting it out.

What happened when you interpreted the Duke's re-imagining of his favorite Berserk scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

The duchess, thinking of her own safety, accused my character of attempting to rape her and I got thrown in the dungeon. It was easy enough to get out but still she's a jerk.
In that case, I'll let the Duke have his fun.

Edit: Looks like you just get thrown in the dungeon upon leaving the tower after you get a cutscene of the Duke killing her. You then fail the quest. Guess you have to stop him.

Salsa McManus fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 26, 2012

• Locked thread