Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

New thread ahoy!

My PSN is KitchenGun if anyone wants to give my Warrior a spin. He's burly, well-kept, and will caper toss anything that looks at you the wrong way.

iastudent fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Ledneh posted:

Was that Two Steps from Hell music I heard in the Gametrailers review? Is that in this game?

Speaking of the music, I was surprised as hell that they re-used the music from the Japanese trailers for the title theme, but the singer is doing it in Engrish instead. :psyduck:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

skinny white boy posted:

Wandered off the starting story path twice and decided against it after getting my rear end handed to me by bandits. To be fair, I hadn't bought any skills in a long time and bandit mages are the worst.

If you're playing fighter/warrior, as soon as you see someone carrying around a staff or starting up a spell, you better drop everything you're doing and Blink Strike their rear end. :black101:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Does anyone know if the augments from mage/sorcerer for increasing magick damage also apply to the magick shield skills for Mystic Knight?

E: On second thought, considering my playstyle with Mystic Knight, I might switch back to my starting vocation of fighter for a little bit.

GameFAQs posted:

Prescience - 7 - 4,500 - Performing perfect blocks are easier, +5 frames

:stare:

iastudent fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 22, 2012

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

3D Budgie posted:

Some of the class information for this game is strange. The official site and the OP here, says that Mystic Knight can only use 1h swords/maces and shields. This video http://youtu.be/5lds9KFgoZ4, shows them playing Mystic Knight with a staff and shield combo.

Does anyone with the game have the correct information for class restrictions etc?

Mystic Knights can use staves and have access to some of the spells Mages have as well.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Did someone in the previous thread say that you can get rank 4 gear from killing drakes?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Tufty posted:

Yeah, I think he said that your rank 3 equipment can get upgraded to rank 4 by killing 'draconic enemies'.

I'm guessing it's a random thing, huh? I just killed a drake and my gear's still at rank 3.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

They give them to their owners. They count as gifts.

I could've sworn there was something in-game that said that their items automatically went to your storage after they left, but maybe I read that wrong.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Lotish posted:

Just saw things going terribly wrong for Gyoru in his stream, and all I can think is: "And people were worried this would be easy."

He's on post-game stuff, right?

Somehow that does not comfort me. :ohdear:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

DLC is up on PSN now.

A Coiffure You Can't Refuse (8 hairstyles + Captain's Armor) - $1.99
From a Different Sky - Part 1 (10-quest pack) - $1.99
Rift Crystal Pack (2000 Rift Crystals) - $0.99

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want to get those DLC hairstyles and remake my character, but isn't that expensive? And where do I do it?

You do it at the barber in Gran Soren. To just change your hairstyle is 500G I think.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there a picture or something for these new hairstyles? I am a sucker for customization.

I'd take some pics but I'm on the other side of the map doing a story quest right now.

Also protip: Miasma kinda rapes cyclopses.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

AzMiLion posted:

Also, anyone found the later part of the cypher quest yet?(after you talk to the forger dude)

I got done with this one earlier. IIRC, you need to speak to someone running around in Gran Soren who will point you to a landmark northwest of there. Try setting it as your main quest and look around near the marketplace for someone with a red question mark cloud.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Fallen through the world count: 2

You're lucky I like you game :mad:

Are you playing on 360? Gyoru had that happen on his stream yesterday.

Wonder if any PS3 people are running into that issue (so far I haven't).

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Where is the barber?

Southeast of the marketplace. There's a scissors sign above the door.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

VDay posted:

Where are the rats that you're supposed to kill for the Rat Catcher notice board quest?

You can find some in the well under the starting town, but they mostly generally hide out in underground locations.

E: ^^^^ I've gotten an occasional pause when there's tons of poo poo on the screen, but no freezes so far.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is it just me or for the Captain's Armor DLC did they leave it as having a women's breastplate? :stare:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Recently I switched my Mystic Knight MC to Sorcerer and have found myself screwing around with the petrification spell every chance I guess. Well, I decided to try it on some of the local wildlife.

I have made bird one with the earth!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I stayed at the inn in Gran Soren for the first time today, probably about half a day after I last played, and my main pawn amassed 239k rift crystals while I was gone. :stare:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Your pawn is seriously too good. I see it every time I go into the rift and it's like 10-15 levels higher than everyone else. I've never used it because I wanted to go through the game at my own pace, so I'm kind of surprised.

Well, if that wasn't enough, some random player gifted my pawn some Gryphic Armor as well.

Really though, I just want to get the Captain's Armor upgraded and slap it on my beefcake pawn for shits and giggles, but it's so drat expensive to upgrade.

Also in reference to that first sentence, my pawns keep yelling at me about the griffin flying outside Gran Soren but how the hell do I get it to come down?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Why Arc system works ever put roman in front of cancel is best left unknown I think, but it is for the best.

The announcer in the Guilty Gear games calls it "Romantic" whenever you roman cancel but it's just been shortened over time to make it easier to reference.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Something funny I stumbled upon accidentally when a pawn on the road ran into the middle of our bandit fight: They can be affected by your status spells and they don't retaliate. :v:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

skinny white boy posted:

Iastudent, I'm sending your pawn back with a rotten egg, I advise you to make him suck on it. You were going to get a really nice pie but then your pawn jumped into the brine while carrying all of the stone tablets from the water god dungeon.

But... he was just gonna, y'know, get them clean... from sitting around in dust for so many years... yeah.

On that note, I lost someone's pawn in that same dungeon because I tried to levitate to another platform and they decided that the fastest way to catch up was a straight line. That place just eats pawns for breakfast I think.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is there a list somewhere of what gear can be upgraded to 4th rank with parts dropped by drakes? I've already killed and looted one but none of my stuff when I go to upgrade it has an option to take it past 3rd rank.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I picked up the Idol Worship quest from the armorer in Gran Soren. One pawn says that a girl in town has the idol but I can't find them.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

New DLC is up on PSN.

From a Different Sky: Part 2 (10-quest pack) - $0.99
Weapon Pack: the Monster Hunter (12 weapons & shields) - $2.99

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I grabbed the Monster Hunter weapons pack just a bit ago, here's a list of everything included. You get one of each automatically placed in your storage and if you need extra copies, they're sold at the Black Cat.

Hellfang
Type: Shield
Vocation: Fighter/Assassin
Strength: 23
Bludgeoning Strength: 100%
Stagger Power: 114
Knockdown Power: 114
Effective against beastly animals

Zombiebane
Type: Magick Shield
Vocation: Mystic Knight
Strength: 31
Magick: 64
Stagger Power: 117
Knockdown power: 117
Effective against undead

Wounded Fury
Type: Sword
Vocation: Fighter/Mystic Knight/Assassin
Strength: 78
Slash Strength: 100%
Stagger Power: 107
Knockdown Power: 107
Effective against spirits

Sickening Skull
Type: Bludgeon
Vocation: Mystic Knight
Strength: 81
Stagger Power: 116
Knockdown Power: 116
Effective against skeletons

Dragon's Flight
Type: 2-handed longsword
Vocation: Warrior
Strength: 113
Stagger Power: 129
Knockdown Power: 129
Effective against dragons

Cyclop's Bane
Type: 2-handed hammer
Vocation: Warrior
Strength: 115
Stagger Power: 132
Knockdown Power: 132
Effective against cyclopses/giant monsters

Saurian Bane
Type: Daggers
Vocation: Strider/Assassin/Magick Archer/Ranger
Strength: 54
Stagger Power; 106
Knockdown Power: 106
Effective against lizards

Griffinbane
Type: Bow
Vocation: Strider/Assassin
Strength: 41
Stagger Power: 102
Knockdown Power: 102
Effective against griffons/flying monsters

Hydra Husk
Type: Longbow
Vocation: Ranger
Strength: 51
Stagger Power: 103
Knockdown Power: 103
Effective against hydras

Metered Catharsis
Type: Magick Bow
Vocation: Magick Archer
Magick: 49
Stagger Power: 103
KNockdown Power: 103
Effective against humanoids

Goblin Bane
Type: Staff
Vocation: Mage/Mystic Knight/Magick Archer
Strength: 13
Magick: 73
Stagger Power: 115
Knockdown Power: 115
Effective against goblins

Evil Eyesight
Type: Archistaff
Vocation: Sorcerer
Strength: 23
Magick: 118
Stagger Power: 136
Knockdown Power: 136
Effective against eye monsters

Admittedly, on paper they don't look that great compared to gear you get once you're a way's in, and you can't upgrade them either. Will have to see just how much of a bonus they give.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Splits posted:

You can upgrade them, and they get crazy strong.

Well I take it back then. Thought I didn't see any stars when I was looking at them.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Has there been any word of a black friday or holiday sale for DD? I might grab a PS3 copy if it goes low enough so I have it once the new DLC hits.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I'm having trouble finding non-default pawns, even if I go 10 or 20 levels above my MC (currently at lvl 10).

I did notice that my PSN connection is NAT type 2, if that makes a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

tooooooo bad posted:

You enabled online in the options menu right?

:doh:

After playing vanilla DD, you'd think I'd know better...

• Locked thread