Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Nahxela posted:

I made a new Pawn sharing spreadsheet since the old one is cluttered with people who may or may not still play the game:

http://tinyurl.com/c55uvj9

Feel free to add yourselves onto the spreadsheet, and add people to your friends list~
Ideally, this will help people sift through pawns that have good skills and inclinations (and maybe even well dressed), as opposed to the countless lame pawns that might be Guardian/Pioneer/etc.

Is it cool to add multiple PSN IDs or Gamertags to the list for alts? On an unrelated note I really dislike the one save slot per profile restriction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Yes, and its additive so the two augments together are 30% (10% from mage, 20% from sorc).

Thats not how it works, its actually better than that. The bonuses are added in sequence, not at the same time. What this means a bonus of 10% and 20% will give you a 32% total bonus. (100*1.10)*1.20=1.32

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Bill Zabub posted:

Dragon's Dogma II some year.

Rumors are Deep Down is going to be very similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zek3eUBHlE4

Note the hints at asymmetrical multiplayer at the end.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Dragma online has been trademarked.

Only in Japan. Would be interesting if it turned out just to be straight up co-op of the original game.

Europe too, so there is still hope of a US release.

I would love more crazy gryphon wrestling games even if its online only.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

LaserShark posted:

So, I picked up the original DD when it came out, played it for a bit, then set it aside for a few years. Now I want to get back into it, but apparently what class you have when you level matters? I'm paranoid about screwing myself over. I'm only level 18 on my new run so far, so it shouldn't matter too much at this point, but still. I keep getting tempted to try different classes, and I know that if I do it could mess me up.

Its really not a big deal. Assassin gives you the most strength, sorcerer gives the most magick attack. If you play 150+ levels as an assassin you will have pretty terrible damage if you suddenly decide become a magic class or vice versa.

But don't feel pigeon holed in, especially at such a low level. If you play every class to the max proffesion level you won't feel any real effects at high levels. Its actually beneficial to get augments from other classes. For example if you decide to go mage you will probably want the skill acuity from the sorcerer path since just increase your magick by 20%.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

CountingWizard posted:

I can't remember, should I be excited for Dragon Goddam Online? Is it coming to the PC or is it stuck on 9 year old hardware?

Its not even coming to the West yet, so don't hold your breath for a PC release.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lunethex posted:

The save files on Console are all in plain text. I'd imagine it'd be just as easy and then some.

If that's still true in the PC release then downloaded pawns are going to get really interesting.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Kiggles posted:

The term you're looking for is 'cinematic'! The original looked more 'cinematic'. :v:
But really, it's because you're so used to seeing DD at low framerates that your mind is already accustomed to 'filling in the blanks'. Another way to think of it is that after XXX hours, your brain is so acclimated to visual updates at 1/30th of a second, that when it starts getting updates at 1/60th, the perceived effect is things running in fast motion. Actually playing the game should moderate this, since your input through the controller will still occurring at expected time frames.

If you're a passive observer the effect can persist for a long time, but when you actually start playing the game it should clear up in a matter of minutes. At least as far as the 'fast motion' thing is concerned. You will probably still have the 'soap opera' effect for a good while.

The human brain is so weird

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Harrow posted:

I can't wait to Mystic Knight it up again. Melee Mystic Knight is my favorite. Perfect blocks and sigils all day.

Being able to abuse mystic knight magic cannon spam above 2 fps is going to be glorious.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

:neckbeard:

I was gonna go in blind, but I'm very happy somebody brought this up so I can avoid having a child bride.

Just FYI the court jester is the best beloved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

So I just picked this up in the steam sale.

It's... weird. I'm trying to play an archer, I got to the city and upgraded into a ranger and it just kind of feels like I'm repeatedly waling on enemies doing little of value while my pawns annihilate everything.

Is there some trick to the combat I'm not getting?

Are you using skills or just the basic attack? Rangers specifically can get the 10 fold flurry which can wreck enemies. Also make sure the damage you are using is good for the enemies you're going against. If you have a bow that does fire damage against a dragon, for example, don't expect great results.

Also if you are using pawns from goons they are likely to be super high level and will easily out damage you for a long time. Try to pick pawns close to your level, there is an XP penalty if you take pawns far above you.

• Locked thread