Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
Gonna pick this up at midnight, probably gonna be up all night playing it.

XBOX: Red Swell, my warrior, pawn is going to need to get some exercise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

grrarg posted:

Dump them all into storage at an Inn then select the Combine option. That works better than trying to combine from the menu.

Though you should always carry around Gransys herb and cloudwine to make desiccated herb, early on, it's a life savor. Though you can always go out into the wilds and just fine some grandgrapes, those thing will heal half your health, or more, when moldy.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

Vallens posted:

Any tips on fighting ogres? As far as I can tell they don't have any weaknesses, and I fight them forever and a day until they frenzy and murder me.

An easy way to cheese them, I found, is if you jump on their backs, they'll stop whatever it is they're doing and do a back slam in hopes of crushing you, you can jump off them though while they are falling and they will lay on their backs for a couple seconds. Enough time to get in a couple of strong hit, and enough time for mages to do a little nuking.

Rascyc posted:

Wait what? RP generation is based on the level of pawns you take or do yo juts mean you spend so little?

I didn't really get a lot of RP when I played last night. Is everyone just getting RP on their pawns getting hired?

I think it's based on what you do with the pawns, because yesterday while playing, and talking with some goons, one of them said he was only getting about 100 RC per rental, I then rent his pawn, take out a litch and a chimera, return it, and he then receives 3000 RC.

Notinghamington fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 23, 2012

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

There is a quote somewhere (in the OP maybe) that gushes over combos and timing swings and whatnot with a warrior. I'm level 13 and no matter how I press buttons, Y only ever does 1 kind of attack and X always always does the same 3 hit combo.

So unless it changes later or I need to buy a skill or something, warrior combat gets stale pretty fast (I don't care, but some people might).

Edit:

As far as I can tell this is wrong. If I do "light, pause, light, pause, light, light, Cymbal" I perform the exact same swing twice(with a pause in between them), then the same swing and the same SECOND swing that always follows the first my always-the-same three hit X attack, then a Cymbal attack.

Level up and go back later. It's easier with more HP and better gear.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

You need to level up your fighter vocation and buy the combo skills. under augments, I believe. Then you will get the different attack combos.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

So, what exactly is "+" about NG+ , I started it yesterday and everything is about the same, except nothing is killing me in one blow, all the monsters are the same level as they were before, same quest and everything.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

Buy them from the xbox market place/psn store, pick up rift fragments from enemies.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

I always take the bandit route, but at the end of it, no matter what route you take, there is always at least one flock of harpies.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

I recently discovered that if you are close to the ox, you can kick it to make it go faster, but it loses a some health.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

I have this game coming in tomorrow, and I had Dragons Dogma before, and sold it, will my save transfer over to DA or will I have to start the adventure over again? Also, I'll be playing on xbox if anyone would want to use my pawn

xbox: RedSwell

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

Azaael posted:

I've been trying to cycle through Goon pawns. Some of the lower level ones get into trouble too far down Bitterblack, so I may make some side-trips out into the regular world with them for some good ol' fashioned quests so they don't get utterly annihilated by whatever's attacking. After I go through one more time again(I'm about to face the end boss a second time soon) and get my loots(Does anyone know if there are Hellfire Gauntlets?), I'll be heading back out into the world a bit to go see where some of the new monsters are. Then I can take some lower-levels with me again for old times sake.

Btw-can anyone confirm if that Drake near the Shadow Fort is the new Super Drake now or did they leave that one alone? I heard they plugged some of the harder dragons around the world, but I'm wondering where. Once I get the Hellfire Cloak I think I'm going to start hitting up some dragons with my main as a plate class so I can get them Dragonforged properly for my pawn. (I'm asking mainly since if it's the Super drake, I'm going in as a Mystic Knight with Ice Cannon and cheesing that poo poo shamelessly.)

I believe all the new monsters can only be encountered on Bitterblack Isle, Gran Soren has been left untouched minus the new equipment.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

SoggyBobcat posted:

There's a drake in Devilfire Grove that respawns every week.

But yes, you'll have to wait until post-game to really start fighting dragons. It's worth it, though. Just keep doing the story missions.

Every in game week or RL week?

also, I bought the original game when it launched and then picked this up when it launched, and just started back up again. I've noticed that a lot of the old players stop updating their pawn or I guess stopped playing all together so I would like to be added to get some news pawns to help me clear Bitter Black Isle.

xbox name Red Swell

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

If you play 150 levels of anything you have beaten the game twice over

Echoing what everyone else said, just go with whatever looks cool (which would be magic, because DD does big crazy spells better than basically any other game)

Magic archer is the loving best! I dont care what anyone says, using your pawn as a lethal weapons is a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

UGH! Just preordered and am pre-loading the game, I already know what I'm doing all weekend.

• Locked thread