Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

To people starting out: If you're early game and need a decent support/healer type, feel free to take my pawn for a spin. GT's the same as my username here (space included) on the 360.

Of if you're higher level and wanna critique/offer suggestions, that'd be swell too.

I'll take you up on this offer. I got this game at Christmas and only now getting around to it and I'm having quite a lot of fun so far. I have very little idea of what I'm doing story-wise but still enjoying it regardless.

My GT is ImANarc and my pawn is a dwarven middle-aged warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Add Soonmot, too. I have a mid 40's Warrior that can help out. She'll probably be a strider soon as I', looking to switch from assassin to fighter with my main.

Added. Also I just learned that some main quests can arbitrarily fail other side quests! God, now I'm super paranoid.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Is there a consistent method to removing an armored cyclops' helmet? I know banging on other parts of his body removes the armor but I can't get his drat helmet off. He removed it once but I have no idea what triggered that.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Cometa Rossa posted:

Browse the Rift and drink every time you see a pawn named Arya, Hawk or Akira.

I kept a Daenerys longer than she was useful because whoever made her did a good job with the look and clothing of her. Aside from that I only ever see three foot high, elf ladies.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Yeah, my pawns only carry around some Secret Softener and a few of the dozens of plants that cure poison.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Dress-up question: Is there a type of headgear that is like a white/grey hood? I've got my assassin in an all-white, Assassin's Creed type getup except for the head. Something like the Summery Cowl but not yellow and not as ornate as the cleric hat thing.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Doing the treasure hunt quests that have you searching for medallions of some sort net you RC. It seems kind of tedious but exploring in this game is actually fun so that might be worth it.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

I decided to get back into this game and play a class I always thought was interesting but never really got: Magick Archer. After paying my dues as a mage/sorcerer, I found out that MA is the best class. Death got all my pawns and, on a lark, decided to try and see how much damage I could do to those two condemned gorecyclops. I took down one in about two minutes with Ninefold Bolt alone. Second one took less since I realized the bolts could actually knock off their helmets.

I'm not even that optimized! I can't imagine how strong I would be had I taken the time to min/max everything.

Edit: I forgot that the Ricochet Bolt is crazy powerful too. This class is the best.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Many a pawn of mine have been carried off by harpies in Soulflayer Canyon. I'll never forget you hilariously fat strider, creepy anime waifu child-mage, crossdressing warrior...

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

SlippyFists posted:

Looks like the game is out on 8/27

Huh, that's my birthday. It would have been a cool present...

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

This game frustrates me, I like the game itself and the character creator is cool, did some cool quests and got some cool gear then I did some other quest and got wriggity wrecked son, in fact there's not much that I've done in this where I'm not getting almost wiped and have to run, are the pawns supposed to be retarded? I swear they just do whatever the gently caress they want to do, like hey I see you're fighting that cyclops at the bottom of this huge spiral staircase, well we're gonna go ahead and run up the spiral staircase and back down it a bunch of times cool?

If you're on the 360 you can take my pawn for a spin. I spent some time getting my pawn's inclination to be more useful. My gamertag is ImANarc. I could also take yours for a spin since all this MMORPG talk has gotten me back in the mood for the game.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Yeah, I'm just now soloing as an assassin and it's crazy fun. It even makes the game feel dangerous again.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

I always assumed the base classes were somehow inferior to the hybrid ones. Is that not true? It seems like a fighter is more of a tank than anything else, but I could be completely wrong. I really like good sword/shield combat.

They all have their little things. Fighter is the tankiest class, Strider has cool support skills like Implicate, and the Mage is the only one who gets healing spells. If any class is a bit crap it's the mage but that's because both the pure-magic classes are super boring (but kind of necessary to level through a bit to be a good Magick Archer or Mystic Knight).

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

what the gently caress they want me to fight death and two giant gorecyclops at once? gently caress that, i'm leaving

They're super weak to ice so if you cast that twisting ice pillar spell they should go down quickly.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

...! posted:

I've been reading all about how the second form of Daimon is super hard, so before I went to fight him I loaded all my guys down with curatives and wakestones... and then the battle was extremely anticlimactic. I just spammed Ninefold Bolt (which seemed to stagger him on every hit) and called it a day in under two minutes. I don't think he got a single attack off.

I also don't think he's that hard but the Magick Archer (and Ninefold Bolt in particular) is extremely powerful against it. MA is actually powerful against almost anything come to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

I'm also chiming in on the Magick Archer advice/love.

Don't ignore the staff spells. It's handy to keep one your person for comestion alone. That spell wrecks cursed dragons and they're good for dragonforging items on BBI. The MA's unique staff spell is good too for debilitating enemies.

• Locked thread