Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Is this game still going to be entertaining if I hold off till it eats a major price dip? The multi-player element (pawns?) doesn't seem to be essential to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Just ordered this, hopefully Prime shipping can get it here before the holiday. :v:

So drat hyped. I love Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, so this looks straight up my alley.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, having not played a lick beyond the demo, this game gives off really high levels of "LOL JAPAN xD" Action RPG design. As much as I eat that poo poo up, I would never recommend it to anyone. :smith:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Awesome game. My gamertag is Capn V. On the 360.

Check out my man Pierce, he loves finding random poo poo and casts nice lightning enhancements. We're level 11.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I just started Warrior myself, and not as far as I can tell. They share the same moveset.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

My main dude is an assassin but I marginally prefer warrior because it's closest to greatsword from monster hunter and there's more timing involved.

I loved the Hammer in Monster Hunter. I love the Warrior class in DD. So much fun to be had slapping around bandits like bowling pins.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Many thanks to cugel for hooking Pierce up!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I agree, and I think that's due to the price tag on usability in the West being higher than in Japan. I played the poo poo outta Tri, but drat would that game have been impossible without the SA thread's help.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Was dicking around on my lunch break, exploring the South coast. Ran into a giant stone thing and promptly killed it by chugging mushrooms and pounding its soft bits with my sword hilt.

This game is so drat :black101:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I've hired Morrigan, a goon's pawn that was about 15 levels ahead of me. I figured she'd be good for a laugh and teaching my pawns some poo poo. She's been super-helpful, quest wise.

Still got my rear end whooped trying to fight the Drake in the forest at level 25.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. Its safe to hold off on it. The 'Multiplayer' is really just a list of other players, their level, and their pawn stats. So whenever someone stops playing, their pawn just sits in limbo at a certain level. The multiplayer can't really go away, just age.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Will either shopkeeper chick/dude accept a fake idol?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Alright dudes, thanks!

What the gently caress lady? You wanna talk to me in private, then I save your life, then you completely forget you happened to be choked by your husband, two seconds ago?

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You probably haven't experienced underwater combat in Monster Hunter Tri if you want Capcom to add it to DD.

It didn't exactly work.

Yeah, every time I fall into the water and get all Briney, I think "Thank god there isn't a loving Ludroth."

• Locked thread