Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Gyoru posted:

:stare: New Game+ is worth it.

Since you're already past Post-Game, I'd like to get your opinion on something: How bad is the difference between stats with equipment factored in? By that, I mean can you still be a decent magic-dude if you have the right equipment even if most of your levels thus far were in Warrior or Ranger or are you pretty screwed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Hatter106 posted:

I'm thinking that it might have been a bad decision to make my main Pawn a tank. It's getting quite irritating combing though sorcerer pawn after sorcerer pawn in the Rift looking for the precise combination of heals and buffs I need. Magic-user pawns need a lot more finessing than one that just charges into battle.

Although I suppose my main pawn would be a gimped magician after spending 23 levels as a fighter/warrior, right?

Not quite - in the grand scheme of things, 23 levels isn't much of a dent since you still have 77 levels left before stat gains drop. You just need a good staff to compensate and he'll do just fine. Though I'm kinda with you with the Mage thing, since it's kinda hard to gently caress up assigning the right abilities for a Tank or Rogue-ish dude but it's a lot easier when it comes to mages. It's just so much more convenient to upkeep your own Mage instead of relying on other people to pick the skills you're looking/hoping for.

As a side note, has anyone else (minor early-game spoiler territory) had Renault follow them around every-loving-where for no reason after they first get to Gran Soren? The dude supposedly has a future quest tied to him so I don't want to have him die, but I don't know how to get him to leave me be. I don't think it's a bug, since this is the second time out of two playthroughs that this has happened. Do I need to just go to the Pawn Guild instead of loving around like I am or is there some other option?

• Locked thread