Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Roman posted:

I've heard the DD community on 360 is tiny compared to PS3, so there's probably less likely to be anyone who gives a poo poo about ratings/gifts.
I wish I had known that when I got it for the 360. I'm only at level 26, but there are still a decent amount of pawns to choose from. Unfortunately, most of the the ones I used before haven't leveled.

Sindai posted:

Anything you equip on hired pawns shows up as a gift and gets dumped into the player's storage when it gets back to them, just like regular gifts.
That might explain the lantern I got as a gift. I was actually happy to get that, since I only had three of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hotwire posted:

Any folks on the 360 have low-ish/pre-NG pawns? I'm bored and doing repeated BB runs and at the very least have way too many dragon forged items to hand out.

Is 37 low?

GT: Mad Dragon 1977
Pawn: Dawana

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

She came back with a bunch of gear, so I think it worked. Thanks!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hotwire posted:

Yeah I picked him up again this morning and he seemed to be a fighter? which I -DO- have a lot of stuff for. He might be somewhat murderous now.
Coincidentally enough, I just switched Dawana to fighter after maxing out Mage ranks. If you feel like killing her again, feel free. :v:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hotwire posted:

Well she lived just fine this time. Gave her some armor, but didn't have any decent weapons after that, so I threw in a level 3 BB weapon. Hope it's something good!
Cool. Thanks for the stuff. How do the BB weapons work? Is the first character to use it stuck with it?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hotwire posted:

Well she lived just fine this time. Gave her some armor, but didn't have any decent weapons after that, so I threw in a level 3 BB weapon. Hope it's something good!

The BB rocks you sent turned into a Devil's Nail and a Nether Helm. Now I have to get the whole armor set, because it looks pretty badass.

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 27, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

You don't know fun until you walk into the Chamber of Fate and encounter the Lich with 2 Chimera and a poo poo ton of loving hellhounds. Or trying to fight a golem with nothing but magic-user vocations. I still love this game, especially since I managed to kill the everything in both of those fights.

edit: and gently caress high maelstrom in its stupid rear end. t:mad:t

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 28, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Those level 200 pawns are free if you're XBL friends with their owner. I added a few people just for that reason.

edit: As far as using my level 65 pawn, I have no problems changing her vocation to meet someone's needs. She's max rank in every vocation, except sorcerer (5) and ranger (6). I'm currently working on ranger.

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 28, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

drat. I thought the Mystic Knight was pretty meh, and then I unlocked Great Cannon. :stare: I knocked down a cockatrice in under a minute with that and the lightning trance. :science: Casting time is still slow as poo poo, though.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Speaking of the end game, does starting a new game+ have any effect on my progress on Bitterblack Isle? As awesome as it is killing the big monsters in the Everfall, the rest of the world is loving depressing. I'd like to see the sun again.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mailer posted:

It's a full reset.
Oh well.

Holy poo poo, Vortex Trail is hilarious. :lol:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

heh

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Enjoy your shiny new Heaven's Key.

edit: Is there any way to change the intro music back to the original?

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 4, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

=>HELP

:downs: "I CANNOT AID YOU RIGHT NOW!"

:downs: "What's this?"

*Dummy gathered a rock.*

Looting during combat, which I think causes the pawn's acquisitor inclination, is a necessary evil. If you knock the horn of of a dragon, it will probably be gone by the time the dragon is dead. When you get to the post-game Everfall fights, there will be multiple big monsters. Unless you kill them all at the same exact time, the material the first kill drops will definitely vanish by the time the last monster is dead. I think as long as you don't gather or open chests every time you're in combat, your pawn won't turn into a looter.

I'll see if I can drag Voss through one of the Rotunda of Dread fights without killing him. That should get you a nice chunk of RC.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Amppelix posted:

Maybe I should change up my party...? Currently I'm rolling with me as a fighter, a mage, a ranger and a strider.
You have no casters. I always go with one ranged class, one melee class, one healer mage, and one sorcerer (or a ranger if you are using a hybrid class).

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 13, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Today, Voss learned about Cyclopes, Golems, goblins, Skeleton Lords, Phantasms, and Skeleton Sorcerers. I tried to get the dragon at Devilfire Grove, but it hasn't respawned since the last time I killed it.

He also got a bit of a makeover with a new staff and some armor. I forget how it works, but the game might ask if you want to use his new equipment. If not, it'll be in your storage. It shouldn't be too hard to find: Cast Stone staff (***), Leather Cap (***), Feral Cape (***), and a Platinum Ring.

As far as Voss' skills, you might want to drop one of the fire spells for something ice-based. There are things out there that have high fire resistance. It's always good to have a mix of spells. Definitely keep Halidom and Anodyne for healing. Try to spend some DP on core skills and augments, since they help enhance your pawn's stats and abilities. Equipping Asura armor (I'm pretty sure it's included with Dark Arisen) will double your character and your main pawn's DP gain.

I also threw in a wakestone.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'm pretty sure only the Arisen's equipment can be dragonforged. Killing Grigori will dragonforge everything the Arisen has equipped when the death blow is struck.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

According to the wiki page, pawns only use special arrows during certain fights on BBI.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Arrows

Beech Branch + Flammica = Blast Arrow
Beech Branch + Necrophagous Loin = Blast Arrow
Beech Branch + Throwblast = Blast Arrow
Beech Branch + Ember Crystal = Blast Arrow

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Oh hey, my pawn has returned from helping another arisen. With over 90,000RC :tviv:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Thundarr posted:

I'm sure there is some way to make your character unplayable but I'm not sure what that would be outside of "be a Fighter while attacking an elder ogre in a five foot wide hallway".

Be a party of casters and encounter a golem.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Holy poo poo, 113,501RC. How long did this guy have my pawn?

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for a while: Is it necessary to give pawns lanterns?

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 17, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The child pawns are disturbing.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I leveled my arisen and my pawn to rank 9 on everything, just to see how all of the classes worked. Some of them start out sloooooow coughMystic Knightcough, but really pick up around rank 5 or 6. Once the MK gets the cannon attack, holy poo poo.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

If you finish Witch Hunt, Selene ends up in the Arisen's house regardless of her affinity.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I ended up with Madeleine the first time around. It wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't have that dumb backpack on all the time. I think I'm going to try for Mercedes whenever I finish BBI and move on with the main quest. What's the best way to guarantee her? Give everyone else Liquid Effluvium before I fight Grigori?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I did the staff/levitate trick and left a portcrystal right outside the backdoor. As a first-timer, you should take the long way. That way, your pawn learns the Witchwood. Also, it's kind of fun to explore. The first time. After the third of fourth time, it's a chore.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Once you get a 2-hander with good stats, warrior becomes a whole new class. Devil's Nail destroys... well.. everything.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Devil%27s_Nail

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Captain Novolin posted:

There's a lot of balance changes and more importantly, your character doesn't import.

Yes it does. You only get the bonus armor, items, etc if you load an existing DD game.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I first ran into that guy when I was level 20 I think. He sent all of the stuff my pawns were carrying back to the inn. For free. :haw:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I started as a fighter, finished as a fighter. My main pawn started mage but I ascended them to the-one-that-comes-after-mage because I wanted them to smite things with meteors. The game alternated between being incredibly piss easy and way too difficult to be fun without any real indication as to why, so I just stuck with melee to keep things simple. The final boss was the only thing that was even a challenge to a pure melee fighter because the only place you can hurt him is just barely out of your reach. Even pure flying enemies land and then flail about like idiots all the time.

Have you tried Assassin? It can use a sword and board like the fighter, but it also lets you use a bow and daggers.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bakalakadaka posted:

There's actually some vendors which give you access to extra stuff if you have high affinity with them, but other then that it's basically who you want to live with you in the postgame (Fournival is actually a really good person to get for this reason).

What does Fournival offer other than the magnanimous cloak?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

There seems to be this weird point in the Pawn Ai where switches from :downs: to :black101: when they reach a certain level.

Not really.

"I'LL CLIMB ITS BACK AND STRIKE FROM ABOVE!"

*does nothing*

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I don't think Magick Archers can do that. :shobon: Maybe I'll give my fighter pawn that ability and see what happens.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Yeah, the online Ur-Dragon is in its 400-somethingth generation, which is several times more difficult than the offline. The offline dragon is a good way to make some gold and XP. Wakestones sell for 30k each and you get 20 for killing him. You can also sell the holy weapon it drops for a nice chunk of change.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bitterblack Isle is an entirely different zone. You can start it before or after Grigori, and it will be the same. If you start NG+ after finishing the post game, BBI will reset.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Ogres? CLIMB ON ITS BACK AND STRIKE FROM ABOVE! :v:

Wait until you meet an elder ogre. :stare:

Gildiss posted:

In Dark Arisen the game throws portcrystals at you.

That's probably because Capcom realized that most people playing DA have already been through the game once or twice and know what a pain in the rear end it is to walk from Gran Soren to the loving Bloodwater Beach twenty times.

edit: The "post-game" on BBI is awesome. I killed a firedrake and a cursed dragon showed up to feed on its corpse. I even got some dragonforged stuff out of it.

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 3, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Tgent posted:

"1. Start game, it imports the original DD save.
2. New Game
3. Confirm it.
4. New Game
5. Confirm it. (Dragon's Dogma import bonuses lost here)"

Is it possible to get the bonuses back again later if you do this?

Maybe start a new regular DD game, save it (overwriting the old save), load DD:DA, and load the DA save?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'm pretty sure when I was carrying the lady bandit badge, there were no bandit spawns in that area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

a kitten posted:

The people in either of the actual camps shouldn't be hostile unless you attack first (provided your group is all women for Ophis I guess).
I remember a support pawn blowing up a barrel right next to one of the lady bandits while searching for loot. I had to reload the last save, which was nowhere near the fort. When I got back (after manually saving just outside), she did it again. I fired that pawn.

• Locked thread