Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
That's a pretty dazzling collection of screenshots you compiled there, I must say. :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Man, I love the clothing & armor system in this game. I've never seen a game in such dire need of a PC version, though. Underneath the muddy textures, pop-in and letterboxing there's a potentially glorious-looking game here if it just had some modern PC horsepower under it.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So are there Magic Shields that aren't humongous tower shields? I look like I have a raft strapped to my back.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think my pawn is some kind of creeper who's starting a skull collection. I checked her inventory and she had 23 of them. :stare:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Have I screwed myself out of getting the quest line with the Duchess? After my first meeting with the Duke I triggered the convo with the Chancellor at the castle gate before going to talk with her. The game auto saved after that and she's nowhere to be seen now.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

How do you re edit your character and pawn? I remember reading about it earlier in the thread.

Also, anyone care to post your "and then Dragon's Dogma really clicked with me moment"?

I'd say mine is when my pawn decided to pick up an explosive barrel and throw it right in the face of a diving harpy.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've finally hit the postgame for the first time and it's everything I hoped it would be. Everything is challenging again! :dance:

If anyone wants a tall, burly, one-eyed warrior woman for a pawn my PSN is EvilHomer77.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

a shameful boehner posted:

Tonight i learned that double black gorecockatrices and grimgoblins/hobgoblins are a thing :stare:

That's probably the toughest fight in the game. Fuckin' goblins, I'm tryin' to cast a spell here!

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it weird that this is now my most anticipated release despite having already put 200 hours into it? If ever a game desperately needed a PC port to make it shine, it's Dragon's Dogma.

Now I can sell off this stupid PS3.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm also unreasonably excited for some hi-res clothing textures cause DD is the best dress-up game.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Megafunk posted:

I can't loving believe it. Why now? Did they just suddenly have the time/resources to do this?

Maybe someone at Capcom somehow shook themselves out of stupor and suddenly realized "hey wait, we're remaking loving Resident Evil Zero yet Dragon's Dogma is not on PC yet?!"

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It would be nice if 16:10 resolutions are in there too. I originally played w/ my PS3 hooked to my 1920x1200 monitor so it was, like, double letterboxed. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Im_Special posted:

Hype really died in here, Lets Try and Fix That.

A German site is claiming these as the system requirements so hopefully even a modest rig can handle crazy quad Maelstrom sorcerers in glorious 60 fps.

Minimum Requirements
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200, 2.7 GHz
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or AMD Radeon HD 4850
Windows Vista 32 bit

Recommended Requirements
Intel Core i5 660 / AMD Phenom II X4 840
4GB RAM
Radeon HD 5870 / GeForce GTX 480

• Locked thread