Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

I beat the game the other night (it owns the whole way through), and I added my pawn to the googledoc. Is there some reason why my pawn doesn't have a rating? He's come back from helping dozens of times, brought back presents, but there's no star rating for him whatsoever. I'm on PS3 if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Bakalakadaka posted:

You only get star ratings when people actually hire your pawn. If people aren't hiring your pawn then you get pity fake hirings that give you a couple items and like 100 rc.

Okay, thanks. After you answered my question I got a couple actual hires so now I know what those look like. Kinda nice that the game takes pity on lonely pawns like mine.

Unrelated: Is any of the DLC worth getting? Are the armor and weapon packs good in NG+ or is my endgame stuff from my first playthrough better? Is that "From a Different Sky" series a set of new quests, and if so, are they fun/interesting?

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

So I started a third playthrough to get the last few trophies I need for platinum (all the quests, give 50 gifts, hire a lot of pawns, and Ur-Dragon) and in my eagerness for another romp through Gransys I went too far in the main story and locked out a few quests that I hadn't completed in prior playthroughs :suicide:

At least I love the game so this poo poo isn't feeling tedious.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Lotish posted:

If I were to have a problem with the ending (and I don't) it would be...There's lots of geography to explore and game potential to mine, but I'm not sure about how that will work in the sequel.

I guess they could keep the same story but use a different setting, what with the whole unending worlds/parallel universe thing. Maybe the sequel will be some sci-fi mashup or something. Or the pawn of an Arisen who became seneschal and gained free will can become the next Arisen/conqueror of the world.

I like the ending but aside from the points you made I can't really think of how they could do a (direct at least) sequel. I hope the developers can figure it out though because I want more Dragon's Dogma. I just hope it will be like Assassin's Creed or Uncharted where they have a solid platform in the first game and the sequel can be a huge leap in quality in pretty much every aspect.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Most of my enjoyment has come from going around beating up monsters and stuff and making ridiculous looking characters.

My pawn started out looking like Naveen Andrews' character from Lost (so I ended up giving him the same name). Similar face, (facial)hair, skin tone, build, etc. Now he's got the same face/hair but he's about 7 feet tall, his skin is bright green, his hair is blue, and his eyes are red.

• Locked thread