Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Killer Queen posted:

There's no way this is a next gen title. It's plainly obvious that the title's running on Anvil. The textures look right out of Assassin's Creed. Besides, no one is going to be showing off next gen games yet. There's no point in doing so.

Really, it's just the nice rain shaders and depth of field effects, which aren't happening on current consoles. But, yeah. This was a PC demo, and you can do that on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Mr. Stingly posted:

Nobody pointed out the car icon in the hacking menu wheel. Because at the end of the demo he jumps into a car and starts it without hacking or anything, I'm wondering if that means you can remote control something like a near-future Google Car.

But then again every car in the demo clearly has a driver, so that's kind of wishful thinking on my part.

Clearly it's for hacking their Event data recorder so that when you crash their car at the lights, they have to pay a ton in insurance.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Young Freud posted:

This is kinda what I'm hoping that the AR pop-ups will do. But, if everyone has it, how are you going to separate the wheat from the chaff? The guy whose HIV+ or had his loans denied might have equally exploitable missions as the plagiarist. I know that the "teaches krav maga" and "military experience" pop-ups can be used to denote threats.

Really, it seems like an almost impossible to achieve gameplay element, at least with current technology. I'll probably follow this, but they better have something that's playable than what everyone suspects is a pre-rendered tech demo.

It looked like it wasn't everybody. Just certain people.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
All home consoles? Finally a new game for my Atari 2600. :v:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If this means that it'll be delayed for the PC, I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

All that it means is that it will be available for consoles that they aren't allowed to talk about yet.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Sleeping Dogs 2: Watch Dogs

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Here's to hoping it runs on my Core2Duo.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
It runs at 30fps on PS4.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

I said come in! posted:

You can't play a AAA title released in 2014 on a Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, or if you could you wouldn't want to.

I play games on my Core2Duo just fine, thank you.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I don't think VRAM works that way.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The fact that the recommended specs are really high shouldn't mean anything. Either the game is super-unoptimized, or it scales up really well. You won't know until it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Subjunctive posted:

Not unless they feel the need to simulate raindrops behind the viewer's head. What's the FOV, 120 degrees?

Alright, then it's proportional to the square of the radius. Same thing, really.

• Locked thread