Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
It's rather obvious the entire gameplay trailer they have shown was almost entirely scripted. That is no surprise. Just for fun, go ahead and watch the UK demo and note how many of the same things happen. It has all the same NPC on the streets having all the same NPC chatter. The club eavesdropping and violent exit played out exactly the same, even the traffic intersection crash had the same cars collide the same way and the gunfight went identically right down to the wife getting shot because you used her car as cover and the husband begging her to wake up.

All of that said, I still believe the finished product will be an open-world game with multiple solutions for every mission. Granted they probably all won't end in dramatic cutscenes like pulling that guy of the car did. Most of the time your victims probably won't have the chance to say anything. Realistically, I can't see them ever failing you for that mission if you say, did the obvious and stayed in the club and waited for him to show up. I believe they put the scripted theatrics in as an oversell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread