Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Thinking about it, while it feels like we've been drowning in AC4 pre-release hype trailers/teasers/gameplay videos, there haven't been nearly so many Watch_Dogs videos coming out, and the ones I have seen were often times the same exact mission (like that Aisha demo on Fallon). I hope this delay gives them enough time to get it right. AC1 was so close to being great, and it felt like the negative reaction caused them to go in a much less ambitious direction for AC2+ plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Yeah like when GTA online was delayed for 3 weeks and still didn't come out as expected. worked out great!

Yeah that Bioshock game turned out pretty bad after it was delayed.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
The only thing I've heard recently was some rumor that the game might be further delayed to Fall, but now I'm not sure where. Maybe Giantbomb.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Well at least it's better than that not-Half Life 3 ARG.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
AnvilNext games in particular are notorious for being CPU limited. There's no way Watch_dogs isn't going to run like poo poo if you've still got a bum rear end Core2.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
The first AC was also way better about "the templars aren't necessarily the bad guys, here". Then they dumbed it down at the same time as the series was heralded as a critical success so they probably took that as a sign they were doing something right. Which is also probably how we ended up with a 6-hour tutorial in AC3 ("it worked in AC2!").

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
That sure is an AnvilNext game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I liked the tailing mission in Brotherhood where you couldn't touch the ground if you wanted 100% sync.

• Locked thread