Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mordaedil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4KO2eQeLJ8

The first minute here.

I am seriously disturbed by this.

I remember loading up Splinter Cell for Xbox and having to sit around and think of how to distract guards and move in the shadows. I miss that. This is nothing like what the series is about :(. Also nothing better than hearing "journalists" hollering like idiots to cheer on the products they are supposed to objectively evaluate. Gotta make sure we get some whoops in when some middle eastern guy gets knifed

Incredulous Dylan fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

The graphics are going to be good but they aren't the holy poo poo mind blowing graphics from a few years ago. They scaled them back a little bit, but it won't look like a PS3/360 game or anything.

I'm hoping they do something like Sleeping Dogs/ Skyrim where PC owners will have the option to download a high res texture pack. I'm not expecting any mods since it's a Ubisoft game but maybe we will see an ENB for it?

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Honestly, I don't know that the footage there looks much better than Sleeping Dogs maxed out. I like the lighting system more in certain frames but maybe Sleeping Dogs just has a more interesting location to show off? I run that super smooth on a single 780 ti, so I don't think you'll have to have SLI just to use TXAA with Watch Dogs.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Pre-ordering games is horribly dumb, but I unboxed an AWP in CS:GO that just sold for $100 so I am pre-ordering this game like an idiot. Please don't be terrible...

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm assuming there's either a walk key like Sleeping Dogs or that there's a run key. I can't think of an open world game that forces you to just run around because you don't have a controller. Maybe Saints Row?

• Locked thread