Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

the black husserl posted:

After the torturefest Splinter Cell Demo and rape QTE tomb raider, I don't think this is hyperbole.

Ok we saw the Splinter cell one, but what the hell is going on in Tomb Raider?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Young Freud posted:

This goes back to the game where I felt like I was fighting real human beings, Half Life. I had become use to enemies with predefined patrol paths and attacking and charging whenever you were in their line of sight. That changed when I fought the trio of marines in "We Got Hostiles". If they spotted you, they would lay down covering fire and try to flank you. If you disappeared from their line of sight, they would start throwing grenades to dissuade you from cover and back into their kill zones. The Black Ops women were worse, since they were almost invisible, quicker and agile than the marine grunts, and firing silenced pistols.

Those back flipping ninjas seemed to do a really good job of teaming up on you. I think a lot of it turned out to be random but they sure gave the impression of distracting you so another could shoot you in the back.

Also the AI in puzzle quest totally cheated but not in the way that most people complain about.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I just like that he personally decided to run the guy down even though it meant destroying a couple of police cars.

• Locked thread