Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If you've played the PC version, it's slightly more polished. If you've only played console, then it's a pretty big step up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I know it's unlikely but I still want a sequel to this game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://mobile.twitter.com/UnitedFrontGame/status/767926469909618688 maybe things.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

stop playing games with my heart

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Triad Wars 2

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

Triad Wars 2

:laffo:

don't even joke about this :ohdear:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Finally, the ModNation Racers sequel we've all been waiting for! :downsrim:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Doc Morbid posted:

Finally, the ModNation Racers sequel we've all been waiting for! :downsrim:

mikeycp posted:

Triad Wars 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A1-GPjA-GU

NOPE. its this dumb poo poo.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
First impression I get is Saints Row with a hint of Dead Rising. Terrible.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Smash + Grab posted:

Get ready for Smash + Grab, an underground competition where gangs of the future battle it out for loot, power, and infamy inside a corporate urban dystopia.
Choose from a growing selection of faction themed characters to assemble your own crew. Customize your style and gameplay from hundreds of perks and clothing items.

Once assembled, team up with other players to fight, loot, and craft your weaponry to come out on top. Mixing melee and ranged third-person combat, Smash + Grab offers a fresh new take on competitive multiplayer action.
Oh boy, competitive team-based multiplayer action! :geno:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Hey APB Reloaded is back.

Did the United Front people responsible for Sleeping Dogs just quit or something because none of this makes any sense.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Ambivalent posted:

Probably someone's image hosting got Repurposed. And I hate you for making me think there was some new Sleeping Dog stuff to post about... :(

man I'm sorry I didn't even think about that. On the plus side it might build up interest in the game again. I found the Definitive Edition for Ps4 for only $5 so I figured gently caress it, I never got to play the DLC before. I can't stop enjoying this game...

I don't know if it's just the game itself or my console but glitches keep popping up and I love it.

So uh, the only thing missing in this game for me is a group of PSN friends to compete again. Just one guy and he's not going to beat my 30 Flying Kick streak record.

monster on a stick posted:

Did the United Front people responsible for Sleeping Dogs just quit or something

I really hope that's not the case. As weird as it might seem I think Sleeping Dogs' overworld is really immersive in a way other games don't compare to, and I'd love to see more work by those guys. I think Squenix threw them under the bus though

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 23, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Sleeping Dogs world is actually one of the most empty open worlds out there with tons of dead space in between points of interest and those are only great because they were setup to be set pieces for missions. Nobody who played this game more than once is entertained by that back alley behind the mall anymore.

It is despite that it is a good game.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Zigmidge posted:

Sleeping Dogs world is actually one of the most empty open worlds out there with tons of dead space in between points of interest and those are only great because they were setup to be set pieces for missions. Nobody who played this game more than once is entertained by that back alley behind the mall anymore.

It is despite that it is a good game.

Probably a victim of the cuts in the game (along with a big chunk of Act 3.) The most memorable side mission was that fellow gangster who kept asking you for a little help with a heist and then proceeded to gently caress up.

It's really too bad United Front couldn't get the coveted State of Emergency license for Smash & Grab.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just like the fact that despite working ridiculous hours as a member of the triad and undercover police officer the main character found plenty of time to have sex and do karaoke

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I just like the fact that despite working ridiculous hours as a member of the triad and undercover police officer the main character found plenty of time to have sex and do karaoke

I mean, the karaoke was for business.

And he didn't go on any second dates.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
And let's not talk about how much time it took to open all the lockboxes :shepface:

Triad XP is harder to come by than I remembered, at least in Definitive. I've had police/face at 10 for a loooooong time, but Triad is barely at 8 and I'm running out of missions.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

why

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Psion posted:

And let's not talk about how much time it took to open all the lockboxes :shepface:

Triad XP is harder to come by than I remembered, at least in Definitive. I've had police/face at 10 for a loooooong time, but Triad is barely at 8 and I'm running out of missions.

In the regular version there was a repeatable mission dlc for cops and one for triads to infinitely grind for XP if you run out of story. I would imagine they are still in the definitive edition as well. The cops one was a car chase and the triad one was an infinite brawl. The brawl was also good for grinding out those medals. The arena is pretty much empty save for one conspicuously placed box in the middle and you could just slide over it and kick people in the face over and over.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014

Psion posted:

iirc there is also the option of wearing a 3rd level triad bonus clothing set and redo missions that give triad - you only get the difference between your orginal and new (if better) scores, but then you need every bit of it.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

I just want Sleeping Dogs 2 with Kowloon added :(

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ragingsheep posted:

I just want Sleeping Dogs 2 with Kowloon added :(

I want a game set in the 70s with the Walled City included.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jack of Hearts posted:

I want a game set in the 70s with the Walled City included.
How about a game of lucky hit?
*Slams someones head in the stand sending splinters everywhere*

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Laputanmachine posted:

In the regular version there was a repeatable mission dlc for cops and one for triads to infinitely grind for XP if you run out of story. I would imagine they are still in the definitive edition as well. The cops one was a car chase and the triad one was an infinite brawl. The brawl was also good for grinding out those medals. The arena is pretty much empty save for one conspicuously placed box in the middle and you could just slide over it and kick people in the face over and over.
The missions themselves are still in the Definitive Edition, but they can only be done once and have been changed a bit. Death by a Thousand Cuts is no longer an infinite brawl, it's now an incredibly annoying fight against 30 guys who have poison knives and you need to beat them all up to get any EXP.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Good lord what loving year is this.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Good lord what loving year is this.

The year The Division came out.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Doc Morbid posted:

The missions themselves are still in the Definitive Edition, but they can only be done once and have been changed a bit. Death by a Thousand Cuts is no longer an infinite brawl, it's now an incredibly annoying fight against 30 guys who have poison knives and you need to beat them all up to get any EXP.

Yeah I did that one the other day. It helps if you stay far away from the spawn point where they jump down because it spreads them out a bit, and one on one you can just keep chopping with the golden cleaver and rarely take a hit - plus your face meter will drat well skyrocket as you chain kills so you get 2-3 health regens on top of the +25 at 10/20 kills

I also must have either forgotten or never played the Zodiac Tournament. :lol: that sure was a weird DLC where Wei's lines were most likely 100% recycling voice clips. Not bad for 30 minutes though.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 25, 2016

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The real secret is to throw the golden cleaver at a guy for an instant kill, then pick up his knife and throw it at the next guy, then pick up his knife and throw it at the next guy...

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
United Front just got shuttered :(

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/788204224568029184

gently caress

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Unfortunate, but considering all we were getting was a lovely MMO that didn't even let you play as a woman, I'm not sure we're missing out on much.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

This is the second time that Sleeping Dogs got a company shutdown now. Rip

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Sad news. Hope the staff land on their feet.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Had a pork bun today in their memory. :smith:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

The real secret is to throw the golden cleaver at a guy for an instant kill, then pick up his knife and throw it at the next guy, then pick up his knife and throw it at the next guy...

I think I actually just disarmed myself and used fists. For some reason, I found them much easier to counter bare handed than with the cleaver.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sleep in peace, dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Sleep in peace, dogs.

I guess it was best...

to let Sleeping Dogs lie.

• Locked thread