Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.

Sputnik posted:

I really want to get this game, but I've long since learned my lesson about buying games without knowing their system requirements. Has any indication bubbled up about what this game will require? I'm pretty sure that my dual core 3GHz is sufficient, but I'm uneasy about my 980 GTX+ video card.

It doesn't look particularly graphics or cpu intensive in my opinion but who really knows. I definitely don't expect it it to be near as intensive as GTA 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Although I was looking forward to this game, I'm quite honestly surprised it's getting 9/10's, and really surprised at how great the pc version looks and the options they've added for it.

Seems like the PR people that talk the most about how their games gonna have better pc support are the ones that never deliver.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Your cop boss forbids you from crossing into another jurisdiction, and your family honor prevents you from breaking this rule.

If you try to cross, your character automatically turns around while muttering "No, I musn't. My honor demands it." If you do it too many times though, he eventually crosses, but then immediately kills himself while begging forgiveness from the ancestors.

For a second I started to think this was a seriouspost and began imagining it very vividly before I snapped out of it.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
I wish the random groups of thugs you find around the city were bigger. Sometimes I just want to go on rear end kicking sprees for no reason and I need more than 3 guys to beat on. Drug busts are nice but once you've kicked all those guys asses they're gone. Fight Clubs are pretty cool but I'd really just love to look for gangs to take on while cruising on my motorcycle. Even better if they were totally randomized weapon/enemy type wise.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Wow, I called my car valet to bring me a car while I was driving around because I had smashed my previous car with a few triad faces and I wanted to ride in style. Anyhow, while driving waiting for my valet to catch up to my position I noticed a camera icon so I decided to go parkour up the building and do some huge across building leaps before I finally reach the the beam that the camera can be hacked from. I'm hacking for a while and when I finally I finish, i'm startled to see a man up on this remote location on a building rooftop beam just staring at me. Then I realized it was my valet and I still have no loving idea how he got up there but i'd like to imagine he parkour'd his way up just like me.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
The only time I hate the valet is when he dings up my car bringing it in or when he tells me he can't deliver a car cause he's busy. MOTHERFUCKER what do I pay you for?

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
The real car to get is the 860 MHC is the poo poo. Looks baller but lowkey like i'd expect a triad to drive. Feels beautiful. It's my go to car.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007

The Deadly Hume posted:

Gangnam Style is funny and all but you might as well be going "why didn't they licence Chacarron".

Yeah, this is awesome. Thing is I never really had the presence of mind to do this tactically if, for instance, I'm trying to clear out a drug bust area.

Anyway once you've done a few surveillance things it becomes pretty clear who the dealer is, as he's often standing in the middle in a suit while all the other gangsters are mooching around the walls or whatever.

I dunno man with all the tactical jumps placed all over everywhere (aka stairs) i'm pretty much stealing guns just to ramp my car towards a group of triads to carbomb their asses.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
It's interactive because you decide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
i5-750 (first gen), and a gtx 260 216 let me max out without frame problems at all. Or drat close to max out (I never use v-sync in any games). It's pretty well optimized, whoever told you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

• Locked thread