Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
Gotta differentiate it from your Watch Dogs, Nintendogs and Imagine Party Dogz. This is looking fun. The only question is: will the skinny childhood friend die in act 2 or act 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

iceaim posted:

I also live in Hong Kong and am extremely excited about this game. I already pre-ordered it. Actually, I *love* games that feature HK as a setting in some way, but pretty much every game I've played so far doesn't depict anything that even resembles the real HK.

So far the games I've played that had HK are: Deus Ex, Project Snowblind, Hitman 1, and Agent Under Fire. Did I miss any?

Shenmue 2 takes place in Hong Kong during the 80's. Where's that HD collection already?

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

My name aint Jerry posted:

I did around 2:30 at my first attempt, barely beating Mechanigma. I felt pretty good about it, and then the next day, he had the lead again with an extremely vexing 9:57, which has been mocking me since then. I plated the game earlier today, by throwing her purse in the face of a poor woman in the street. Sleeping dogs!

Mocking you? It's a constant reminder of my failure to reach double digits. Nice work on the platinum, I'm still a couple of days away. Really glad I bought this game on release, because I almost never do that nowadays.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
You could always replay one of the missions. Either the Club Bam Bam one or the fish market/dock one where you chase Dog Eyes.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

titties posted:

There are a couple that have been giving me problems – Getting kills with 10 kinds of melee weapons and killing someone with a fish. So far I’ve gotten kills with the collapsible baton, tire iron, kitchen knife, cleaver, and machete. As far as I know those are the only melee weapons I’ve seen, but those are only half of what I need.

Do purses count? Does anyone have tips for finding different types of melee weapons?

I believe you can use any objects that pedestrians are holding: handbags, briefcases, shopping bags and umbrellas. Problem is they break easily, so you may have to weaken someone first and then throw the object. I think that does more damage.

Also in the night market, you can run into certain tables to break them. You can then pick up and use the table leg as a weapon.

• Locked thread