Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Was just coming to post that, Tom Wilkinson and Emma Stone are both impressive names to have as billing here. Lucy Liu, yeah, okay, let's do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Can't wait to see how horrible everybody who gets a copy before street date and streams it is. That's like a law of nature that people playing a game before release always suck.

It's the wierdest loving thing, but it's a goddamn constant.

As for the game, I really don't like how weak the counter animations look and sound. The combat in general seems to have tried to copy Arkham City and accidentally copied The Bourne Legacy instead.

Which isn't awful in and of itself, I liked that game's fistfights, but, yeah.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Interesting game.

I think it's a shame that the voice acting cast is pretty much all perfect, but almost all perfectly wasted. I'd like to see Black Lotus go ahead instead of a direct sequel, maybe see them focus on a smaller, less ensemble cast, shore up the narrative somewhat and develop the characters that are there more instead of just hopping all over the place and ending up with a really patched together tale.

The ending felt really slip-shod in particular, and the middle of the game was the same.

Still, I liked Will Yun Lee's Wei Shen and there were enough familiar faces in the Asian cast that the largely wasted talent and often pretty hollow characters managed to be charismatic enough to carry it along. I'm definitely glad I picked the game up. Interesting to see what comes next from United Front Games.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

nous_ posted:

IMO the biggest missed opportunity in the game was not having "Gangnam Style" in the soundtrack. Technically not the same country, but, you know, it would be pretty sick.

Technically is an odd way of saying 'literally and completely'.

• Locked thread