Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I hope I'm not the only one that always yells "It's FOR YOU!" every time they do the phone booth KO and he beats them with the receiver.

Crappy Jack posted:

Sleeping Dogs is a hell of a game about a male-lead Chinese crime group. Which is absolutely and totally fine. I think a lot of the time when people are going "It kinda sucks that there's not better female characters in this game", they're aware that it's okay for a game to be about dude stuff, the complaint is a bit more about the fact that so many games are about dude stuff. I mean, folks aren't going "It really sucks you can't be a black guy in this game", because it legitimately wouldn't work, but it still does suck that you can't be a black guy in a lot of games, you know? It's more of a bigger picture complaint.

Wasn't the original concept for what became Sleeping Dogs supposed to have a female PC, as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, it kinda makes me want to visit Hong Kong someday. As long as I can guarantee that my head won't be randomly caved in by a rampaging Triad member, of course.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

We know Mimi's backstory but don't really know much about her, do we? What sort of relationship did she and Wei have? What kind of person was she? That sort of thing. And you don't need a ghost or whatever (:wtf:), you can do it through incidental dialogue. Although I still think the bigger issue are the cut girlfriend plots. Yes, time and money, but that doesn't really change the outcome does it?

That one mission where Wei becomes a creepy stalker following the karaoke hostess all over town for seeing someone else when he's pumping and dumping every girl he meets was pretty much the one part of the game that weirded me out.

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 10, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Bottom of its Before I Play wiki page gives you the names of the appropriate cheat files. Everything else you can buy does something either visually or mechanically interesting and also isn't automatic.

But yes, if you don't enjoy having most of your moveset growth handed to you out of the gate you'll probably want to remove those files.

Wait, what? Is there some way to get new moves other than finding the jade statues that I missed?
If you're talking about the things that give you cop / triad XP, I don't think I maxed those out by the end of the game even with the DLC packs so I think saying you need to disable those is a bit exaggerated.

• Locked thread