Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Finally 100% the game earlier today by earning the Rogue Cop gold medal. I like to think that Wei Shen going down in a massive gun battle dressed as a SWAT while shooting his fellow officers is the actual, canonical ending to Sleeping Dogs. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ah, the standard 'this game is racist and mysogynist' discussion that happens after there is nothing more to discuss. You've served me well, Sleeping Dogs. Enjoy your honored place on my shelf in your proper alphabetical title placement.

EDIT: why can't pork buns make you a real woman, anyway

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The stalking mission really was the worst. Every objective that came up I was like, '':stare: uhhhhhhhh can I refuse". I'm just thankful the game didn't turn around and pull a Far Cry/Spec Ops, 'LOL YOU LIKED THAT HUH YOU SICK CREEP'. Tiffany just pointed out that Wei is a crazy, hypocritical gently caress.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

PootieTang posted:

The man VERY regularly puts live human beings into metal fans, impales them on giant meat-hooks, or just plain disembowels them with a loving meat-cleaver and doesn't even blink.

Of course he's a loving pyscho. That's how he convinces the Triad he's not a cop. By regularly murdering hundreds of people in gruesome ways.

Are you really surprised that he has a series of dysfunctional relationships that verge on something out of an e/n thread.

Haha, no. It made perfect sense, but now that you mention it, every other sickening thing I did in that game made me go :haw: and that's one of the few parts where I was all :stare: instead. I guess the fact that it's not just a shooting/kicking/murdering/theft mission, so it's extra jarring. That's pretty cool to me, actually.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

I am a strong proponent of running around in your boxers.

Did you know you can also do this in Sleeping Dogs? ;) :monocle:

• Locked thread