Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Pffft, still bloody $49.99 in Aus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Good to see people are finally starting to pay attention to this. I've been following it for ages. Was torn when it was cancelled the first time around.

What's the best digital/Steam-copy place to get this from? Aus Steam has it for $45 but it's missing one of the pre-order thingys.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Pindakaas posted:

They added tf2 items for preorders and suddenly the game is in the Steam top sellers list.
Who needs a proper marketing campaign, just get a TF2 item deal on Steam.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 3, 2012

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dodoman posted:

My 3$ GMG :argh:.
That!
I could be paying $44.99 for it on Steam or $68.00 if I go to a game store ($88 if I want it on console).

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What is always so bad about SR's driving? I feel it's just... there. It's not bad, you can control your car with no problem... and it's it. It's just there and super simple.
True Crime New York has bad driving (And I like that game), Just Cause 1 from what I remember has bad driving. Saints Row is just eh.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I hope Greenmangaming sends out the codes for Aus on the Tuesday too. Still a week left here. (This STILL makes no sense delaying releases) :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Depends what distance it pops in at. True Crime New York was laughable. In a medium speed car it wasn't all the uncommon to be driving through a flat concrete field at the buildings struggled to render.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

Thank you for prepurchasing Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition from Green Man Gaming.

You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 13 Aug 2012 at 01:01 UTC.
Cool. Except at the time of posting, the internet says it's 10:19 UTC. Where's my code? :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Darcy from Urban Chaos probably counts as well, but that's a pretty old game now.
Kneeing people in the balls is a valid police tactic :pseudo:
The game also had sweet whacking-people-with-a-baseball-bat sounds.

I got my key 3 hours ago, EU key so I have to wait anyway :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Chim posted:

sorry, Kowloon peninsula. Here's the HK subway map to prove my point:

The game is set on the "blue line" at the bottom of the map. granted, hong kong island is pretty big and will definitely be a good setting, but IMHO Kowloon is a lot more diverse and interesting

I wonder what bullshit excuse they use so you can't cross :allears:
New York just blocked the roads. That's it. No out of the way clip anywhere, just blocked.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think someone tried to 'citizen arrest' me. I beat someone up for a side mission and while buggering around, an ambulance arrived. So I watched them for a bit listening to the chatter then decided to nick off in the ambulance. As I was doing donuts I saw some normal guy with the health ring around him. I stopped and he pulled me out of the car, and tried to beat me up. I got to beat him down without repercussion as the ambulance guys just kept standing over the other dead guy's body.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
^^^
I have a baby-blue t-shirt with a dinosaur on it.

Quote is not edit

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
First upgrade I got was the car hook thingy. Stealing parked cars is ruined and boring already now maybe (Or maybe I just saved myself annoying cop chases. I want that Police Car Boot unlock!)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I just got hit with -5 Police points for being Clumsy :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Able to fire a gun outside of that High Speed mission (aka. Easy money grind). Only a handgun though.
Takes around 4-6 shots to drop someone unless you hit them in the head. Firing it outside of missions gets the cops on you quick-smart too. If anything the lock-on is annoying but eh, makes up for it when shooting tires out.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Fun little glitch. Slam someone's face into the hood of that Smart car. You two and the car just start sliding around.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
http://getgamesgo.com/product/sleeping-dogs-digital-edition
$37.49

Dying just means you lose some cash and your gun. It's easy enough to steal another one from to cop to shoot poo poo up.
Gun fights with the police tend to escalate very quickly. Barely takes more than 30 seconds to start getting Uzi'ed (or whatever), about 1-2minutes to start getting assault rifled.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Renzian posted:

Also, helpful tip for those who might be having trouble with the Drug Bust missions (since literally like 13 guys all gang up on you at once). I find what works is basically driving a car (yours or one you've stolen) there and, if possible, ramming it into the thugs as much as possible. Ram them, back up, ram them again, and when you've killed like half of them, jump out and take out the rest of them. Works like a charm :c00l:
There's one in Aberdeen, a large big open car park. You have to kill 18 guys. Sure you could just be boring and reverse back and forth, or:
There's a couple of guys carrying knives at the start. Thrown knives and batons are instant kills. The rest of the spawning goon all carry knives and batons. :unsmigghh:

e: Also the 1.2 patch seems to have loosened up the driving camera.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Stickman posted:

You can also disarm cops for sidearms, if you really need one. There's T5 cop perk that lets you grab shotguns out of the back of police vehicles. Took one to a drug bust - quickest bust ever, but I felt kind of bad about it...
If you go back to the area where you have your Firearm tutorial you will actually see cops everywhere in that location. They didn't appreciate me helping myself to a shotgun.
This game is the best for riddling someone with handgun bullets and watching them squirm.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I want Cop Mode DLC :colbert:
Doesn't have to be a whole super story line, but at least like responding to street crimes like True Crime.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I just noticed you can turn on/off the Tact lights on the guns with Right thumb click. RAVE shootout.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
End game:
When you rescue Jackie on the island I was shaking my fist and laughing at the same time, "Stay with me you idiot, you're going to diiiiie!" And what happens? You died you jerke :argh:
I was a little disappointed I couldn't use all my super-fancy fighting moves on Lee but oh well, the ice chipper was a great finisher.

Looking forward to DLC. I'd like to see some post-game stuff, like having more reason to care about Cop rankings.

Also Activision:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Once you have some Favours on the barges you can get access to them. It's just beat up some underpowered guys and you're in.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I'll never understand these types of DLC packs. Pay $3 to level your character up so you don't get any sense of progression. Pay another $3 to get a shitload of money in-game. Pay another $3 to get a fancy car and a nice suit that you could've bought with in-game money by playing the game. What the hell is the point?
These type of cheap, quick-unlock DLC packs should of stayed with racing games and certain sport games.
I did buy the Unlock All Cars pack for Burnout Paradise cause I just wanted to gently caress around online. But why bother with this?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Holy Cheese posted:

Eh, I'd rather they just made an actual sequel.
I'd rather some Episodes Of Liberty City style DLC.

Also they totally just sound like Clothes/Special Move packs (Like GSP) and Mini-Mission packs.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Grapplers aren't that bad. Just keep whaling on them, just stop to counter blows from others.
You can also cheap them out with that move that lets you roll over their back then double-tap B (Or whatever grapple on the keyboard is, I just played the whole game on controller).

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Eat more pork buns, you're not whole without one.

I have that high-speed chase mission, wasn't I meant to get an outfit with that? Or did they just literally mean just for that mission? I also want that Cop outfit back from the Case mission :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The stunning knee knocks them back long enough that you can get another knee into their face. You can keep them basically stun-locked if you don't have to stop to counter moves.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
It takes guts to wear that.
(That umbrella doesn't match your chain at all)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
http://www.sleepingdogsmods.com/ :aaa:

Only mod on the site is Xbox 360 Controller Emulator

:(
Soon..... soon we'll have those awesome mods.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

...This was a loving feature???
Why did everyone thing it was a loving game-breaking bug???

No really, it's a little annoying but I didn't get headaches or have seizures from it. And I can't play Doom 1/2 for extended amounts of time without getting minor motion sickness.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I was gonna go with Flavor Flav but I'm rubbish at Photoshop so I copped it. Also the idea of best worst cop ever Wei Shen beating someone up with a grandfather clock amuses me.

It takes guts to wear that
(He's also holding a gun and eating a pork bun at the same time)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Megazver posted:

I think I saw them save a guy.

Might as well go and find out! :neckbeard:
I've seen them defib people sometimes but still never bring them back.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

I managed to nudge Raymond outside but the game wouldn't let me grapple or hit him.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
There's a moped on the wall of the garage at your North Point safehouse.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ibntumart posted:

My valet keeps showing up, but not bringing any vehicles. Unless there's some way for me to hop on his back and piggyback me around town, I'd like to figure out how to clear this glitch up.
H...how is he doing that? Is he just running up to you? Bwaha.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Hopefully the SWAT Pack 'cop missions' have some police worky type lead-in to the scenarios, not just Kung-fu everything in a cop uniform from the get-go.

Shanakin posted:

I knew there had to be a reason why wei is always a dick to Raymond for no apparent reason. Judgemental mental rear end.
Dammit Wei, I saw you stumble like a fool when breaking into that warehouse, you're outta control Wei. You're meant to be a police officer! You're only getting two police shields this week!

Croccers fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 23, 2012

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The supernatural eh?

Actually how much of the game is what? It was going to be an original game, then True Crime, then Sleeping Dogs.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Heh, 500 to 120 at the moment.

I mean Wei busting in heads with a fire axe sounds like someone that nut-case would do and sounds awesome but.... Monkey King!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The SWAT DLC isn't that bad. Pretty cool actually if you're playing the game from the start so it's always there. Wei is a crappy undercover cop but he makes a great SWAT officer.
Pity there only seems to be only so missions though

• Locked thread