Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
So which setting makes the camera not swing 180° at the slightest twitch of the mouse? I tried all the "yaw" and "pitch" sliders, and they don't seem to affect anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Here's one.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah that mission made me give up 'mash buttons' and actually learn to counter moves. Or run away really fast then come back with a flying kick. And in very special emergencies, climb up on the roof of cars to get a little breather. Armed thugs, gently caress youuuuu.
I counter everything all the time unless there's a bunch of big guys trying to grab me, so those sewer missions full of armed thugs who spawn right behind you are proving... difficult. :gonk:

Also made harder because I can't pick up any weapon about 90% of the time. Sometimes it works... most of the time, it just doesn't.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kurstein posted:

"Always bet on black" I've lost every time I bet on a white cock.
This does not work for me. :mad:

I've lost every match, regardless of color or number of wins.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

DrunkPanda posted:

I have a question... how come when Wei is eating food and decides he doesn't want it anymore, he just throws it on the ground like some sort of savage? Hasn't anyone taught him how to use a trash can?
The Rico outfit for Wei Shen is more appropriate than I'd guessed because he will pull unlimited motorcycle helmets out of his rear end and then just throw them on the ground when he's done with his ride.

Leb posted:

On the subject of cars, what are people's thoughts so far?
Head to the financial district and action hijack a Lamborghini.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Cardboard Box posted:

That doesn't help when I'm in a slow-rear end metal van against SWAT vans that take like fifty rams to take out and they keep spawning ahead of me.
Just got to this point. I managed to get the SWAT vans down to smoking a few times, but they are insanely nimble, and I can't get in any finishing blows ramming them without four of them surrounding me and opening fire.

Is it actually possible to get them to give up? I'm setting all kinds of evasion records, but they never stop until I'm dead.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The bike races are kind of irritating because you can come to a dead stop and get stuck facing a wall if you so much as brush an ant's toenail, but the AI will recover instantly from all wrecks and probably come zooming past at the last second after hanging back the whole race.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Going back to those armored van missions, I drove up a staircase onto one of those raised walkways, and the police force instantly thought I had vanished. :ms:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

synertia posted:

Well, I just won a street race while listening to Squarepusher and beat up a bunch of guys in a club while rocking to Plaid. Game of the loving year.
"You aren't trying to talk him into one of those street races, are you?"
Cutscene ends, Sabre Dance is playing. :haw:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Speaking of the escape from the interrogation, I was a little confused about what was going on. The one guard says, "I'll check on our guest!" and walks into the room to have a smoke while I'm cutting my chains with a saw, then I have free run of those two rooms while both guys completely ignore me and my bloody footprints until I figure out that I can stealth-kill them. Was it a dream? Did my game bug out? Were both guards blind? :iiam:

SpacePig posted:

I still don't think I ahve the drifting down in the game. Hitting the e-brake pretty much makes me do a complete 180 in the direction I'm turning the wheel.
Just tap the E-brake button. Holding it down for any length of time will just bring you to a screeching halt.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Yeah, I did mean the environmental kills, but I still felt like a ghost in that scene.

SpacePig posted:

I tried that, because that's usually the way it works, but I'd just keep sliding in the same direction without making the turn... :(
The way I do it is to hold the direction I want to turn, then tap the E-brake, which is usually enough to spin in that direction. Or turn that way and slam into a wall.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
It feels to me like Mass Effect 1. A lot of the game is really great, but there are parts that need fleshing out. Hopefully, if this is going to become a recurring series, they'll have time to polish up the story and the mouse controls for #2 and have a game people really love.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Nuts and Gum posted:

With 16gb of memory it should not be freaking out about themes...oh well, at least there's a work around.
Switching to Windows Basic seems to be a totally random decision on Windows' part whenever your computer is a little busy. I had it switch on me once when an IM pulled me out of the game (which pulled me out of the game AGAIN to show me the Basic dialog)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Since they just added mouse sensitivity in the new patch, you might want to see if it helps. I eventually got used to the wonky driving camera, but perhaps the new settings will make it more usable.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
At least you're also culling the herd by smashing up random dudes' racing cars with a tire iron, then killing them, because some douchebag says they cheated.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Bioshuffle posted:

I'd love to see new suits added, and maybe you could make Bruce Lee sounds when you punch someone? Pork bun machine in your apartment?
At the risk of sounding like a TF2 zombie, I'd like some hats other than "baseball cap" or "Panama."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I'm short two lockboxes in North Point, and I swear the map some dude posted doesn't have them, either. :argh:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Dr. Stab posted:

Why not just use the in game map? It highlights which ones you don't have.
Unless I missed something, the map only showed items that I had already collected. And the radar only shows items you're very close to.

Anyway, it turned out that they were on the Victoria Peak road like Oceanbound said, despite that being a road that connects to every area except North Point.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, but a pathetic amount. Past something like Triad Level 6, a full clear of of the Highway DLC gets you something like 1/30th of a level. I guess 1000 cuts could get you more, but I was dead bored of it around 100 kills in so I don't know if there's a ceiling on the number of enemies there.
It doesn't seem like 1000 Cuts gives you signfiicantly more after you max out the Triad triangle meter. You can just kill about 20 dudes and die. I was midway through Triad level 9 when I beat the game, so it took about five rounds of that to max it out.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Doing all the car theft missions left me with about $1 million in the bank, which was enough to get all the decent cars/bikes to win the races. It's all gravy after that.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

isk posted:

I'm the opposite. I've got mad love for the valet. Homeboy shows up, drops off my car, but I get a little impatient and get in the passenger side.
"Sorry, I have no time right now."
"D'f-- ahhhHHHH."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah, it's not that hard. Just keep ramming them.
Lies. :argh:

SynthOrange posted:

What causes that? He just cant find a route to where you are?
I don't think he can bring you a car unless you're on an actual city street or highway. Even if you're on a dirt road or a parking lot where it looks like he can get to you, he'll refuse.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Wandle Cax posted:

Yes they do, try slowing down. It's really not impossible.
Although the vans occasionaly do deign to come alongside you, I find it hard to keep up enough speed to actually damage them without a) everyone falling behind, or b) five vehicles on my tail filling me full of lead.

If it weren't for new cars with guns constantly appearing nearby, it'd be easy enough to just drag them around town all day until they can sloooowly be rammed to death.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Caufman posted:

I wish everyone had 17,000 times more lines. Everyone should be talking all the time like we just broke this technology. It would also be nice if Hong Kong had a truly suffocating population density. The traffic seems especially light.
The night market is the place for you.

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey, sexy maaaaan, want some new cloooothes? Hey! Hey sexy maaaan! Hey! You have money? Buy food on a stick! Hey! Hey!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

terrorist ambulance posted:

This was probably the most entertaining and engaging game I played this year and definitely the most enjoyable Square-Enix one, not sure what they're on about
Given the lack of sales statistics, it's probably easier to blame the foreign developer's niche game than your giant, money-sucking pit of an MMO that you just rebuilt from the ground up because everyone hated it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Would've been nice if that trailer actually compared the graphics so we could see the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Also if you're doing this because you're doing actual money or real-world prestige poo poo on your gaming PC, you're a bad computer user because you shouldn't be gaming on your bread and butter.
I assumed he has bad home Internet but a good connection at work or college or wherever on a crummy lab computer.

• Locked thread