Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Somebody really likes the idea of smashing people's heads in a car door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Adraeus posted:

Sadly, I can't get Just Cause 2, or at least the cinematics, to run at the correct speed and stay in sync.

It's just a file on your computer, I'm sure people will put them up to download.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

The car/motorcycle physics really look like crap in the Giantbomb quick look. Hopefully, it's just an old preview build. This is now a wait for release for me.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

synertia posted:

Weird that it comes out in less than three weeks and I have seen no bus stop ads or ads anywhere, really. It seems like this city would be a top market, but I guess they have other ideas.

Look at all the poo poo Pandemic(and the US) got from Venezuela for Mercenaries 2. I'm sure if it were attempted, nobody would approve the ads getting put up in the first place. Governments aren't too keen on them or their law enforcement entities being portrayed negatively.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Saints Row's driving is setup so that you can do flawless slides around every corner and weave all over the place.

Some people don't like that. They're bad people, we don't talk to them.

So true. Saints Row The Third has awesome driving.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Quiet Python posted:

There's a PC exclusive pack, but I don't know what it contains.

The PC pack is the Triad Enforcer Pack:

quote:

Triad Enforcer Pack

New weapons, outfit and vehicle along with two all new Triad missions.

It’s a high-speed shoot out in ‘Triad Highway.’ Armed with a high capacity machine gun, fight a tide of Triads after your head. ‘Death by 1,000 Cuts’ puts you in a brutal fight club taking on the Triads with a razor sharp golden cleaver. Wear the Triad Enforcer outfit for added Face and more punishing damage.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 11, 2012

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Revitalized posted:

The picture for it is tiny but the black gold scheme is pretty sick. I'm excited for that.

I haven't seen anything bigger. :( This is just the same one from Steam.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

ijyt posted:

I can't actually see that on Steam from the UK, all it shows is the Police Protection Pack and GSP Pack DLC, along with the TF2 items.

I'm in the US and I don't see either of those packs. Just the Triad Enforcer Pack, that picture, first sentence of the stuff I quoted and the TF2 stuff. Must be different bonuses for different regions.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Revitalized posted:

People who ordered on GMG, some people are getting their keys already, but a large number of people are still waiting for theirs. Apparently it's just trickling out at a slow rate, but... some people have theirs already so yeah. Just a heads up.

I haven't even received any emails. This is also very encouraging:

quote:

This game is not available for download yet. It will be on . Any required keys will be made available on that date.

Direct quote from website, note the lack of date. :(

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Does Microsoft still release security fixes for XP or no? If not then you're playing with fire by being on XP.

XP was End of Life in April 2009 for consumers. Upgrade your poo poo.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

kri kri posted:

My key just came in, check the site.

Just got mine. Looks like it's North America and it has the Triad Enforcer DLC as advertised. It activated as "Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition"

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Croccers posted:

I think someone tried to 'citizen arrest' me. I beat someone up for a side mission and while buggering around, an ambulance arrived. So I watched them for a bit listening to the chatter then decided to nick off in the ambulance. As I was doing donuts I saw some normal guy with the health ring around him. I stopped and he pulled me out of the car, and tried to beat me up. I got to beat him down without repercussion as the ambulance guys just kept standing over the other dead guy's body.

Maybe he was trying to carjack you? GTA did this(not sure if 4 did though) and it was always a surprise whenever it happened.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Jefferoo posted:

Have you gotten the SWAT outfit yet? It won't show up in my wardrobe at all.

My pre-order stuff/Just Cause 2 outfit unlocked after like the third mission.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Doing a wheelie straight into the front of a huge tour bus is the best thing.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Star Guarded posted:

How do you do a wheelie? I kept pressing all the buttons, expecting the feature like Saints Row, but couldn't find it.

Just pull backwards?

I really hate the GPS in this game. They had to have taken it from another project or something because it gives directions as if you're driving on the right side of the road. It can't be like this in real life, can it?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Seymour Buttz posted:

It really feels like your character is walking around going, "come on guys, do something interesting". But all anybody ever wants to do is walk in a straight line to nowhere. It's like nobody else knows they're in a sandbox game aside from Wei and they don't want to humor him.

I don't like how Wei literally can't walk, outside of scripted areas where it is enabled. His jog and run animations aren't particularly great either.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

If you hold down the left trigger, the camera pulls up behind his back and he goes into walk mode, basically. So if you feel like just strutting around, there you go.

Hah, so you're saying there's basically a "Strut" button, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Frunk posted:

Also, someone mentioned that Wei sometimes likes to jack the taxis seemingly at random-- you have to be at a complete stop while holding Y or whatever the key is for it to work. It's dumb, but that's the reason.

Just like Saints Row, the fastest and easiest way to get into a cab is to jump on top of it. I don't think Wei will jack it from there and the prompt appears if you stand somewhere over the cabbie.

• Locked thread