Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
Any UK PC Gamers want in on this, Shopto.net have it for £22.85
http://www.shopto.net/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO%20GAMES/DWNLD29560-Sleeping%20Dogs.html

I think I'll be laying down some cash for the 360 version. I've never played a TC game before, but the initial clips I've seen kinda paint it as a 'The Warriors' and 'Saints Row' kinda game. And I'm perfectly OK with that. :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Revitalized posted:

The gory executions make me feel like I just left HK Cinema and dove into a Korean revenge flick.

I sincerely hope that this is the case.

As for the GiantBomb build, pretty sure it'll be the retail build, or pretty close to it. I'm not expecting refined physics or controls for the game, nor do I really want them. Sometimes the scrappy mechanics make for better character.

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Well, Sleeping Dogs joins the company of such great games as Saints Row, Just Cause and the Saboteur for titles that I love wandering around aimlessly, collecting inane objects or breaking poo poo.

I enjoyed the storyline, and while it wasn't on par with something like the Yakuza games, I still liked the majority of the characters, pretty well handled. I'm just terrified of how DLC is going to be approached, the lovely cheat code-esque DLC we've had already doesn't instil a great amount of confidence.

Looking forward to Wei Shen and Kazuma Kiryu meeting up and cracking Triad/Yakuza skulls together. It's a crossover made in heaven.

• Locked thread