Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

This is really cool and seems like it's really easy to make. Has anybody done something like this? Does it alter the taste of the drinks a lot? I might buy some packets of that stuff if I can find a store that ships it to my country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

hobbez posted:

Here's a video of a whiteboy squid defending women's rights by kicking this hood's rear end. His street cred is GONE yo. Kind of long but worth watching a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBHK-2ZHbag

drat it, I hate it when people record things on their iPhone (or other phones) and don't turn it sideways. These tall orientation videos are impossible for me to watch.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Grooveh posted:

We have an addictive fun Minecraft PVP server in the Private Game Servers forum called Blockskrieg. One of the players suggested I post a couple of my videos here to reach a wider goon audience. :btroll: We're starting a new map in a few minutes, so now's a good time to check it out.

Boat Chase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vV9y1ZG3HA&hd=1

Defense Construction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vORt-Fh_lk&hd=1

If you were trying to reach out to a wider audience then it didn't work.

The first one is some Minecraft guys on a boat set to terrible background noise. I guess hey are virtually racing or something but I'm not sure. At some point point they fall into the water?

Did not bother watching the second.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

acejackson42 posted:

EDIT: modern roller coasters are ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCpd6uD12c8

I love roller coasters and don't get scared on them no matter how many loops, how high, or how fast they go. That said, freefall rides terrify the crap out of me. There's just something about that pause at the top before you drop that's really scary, and also the fact that I don't really feel "safe" because I'm just in a chair on a tower that looks like it could blow over gives me a really uneasy feeling. Surprisingly though being in a moving cart with a pause doesn't scare me, like the Superman ride where you shoot up and fall, probably because I'm already excited from shooting up. Freefall rides, and those spinning swings on a chain ride. I have terrible visions of the chain snapping and sending me off into the distance.

NESguerilla posted:

This was in the related videos. Parasite comes out of a praying mantis.

:staredog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO8A5aGw_jw

:staredog: What the hell? What is that thing? It's kind of :nms: if you're afraid of things like this.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Burning Sensation posted:

It starts with a man and his cello. Absolute, hair-raising awesomeness ensues:

http://youtu.be/GBaHPND2QJg

What song is this?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

.TakaM posted:

Dude has his bike stolen, finds it for sale on craigslist and puts together a sting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GVpIaPEGM

Fragmented posted:

This is the best thing ever. I lived like 6 blocks from where he had his bike jacked and i use my bike for all my transportation(plus a bus here and there) gently caress BIKE THIEVES seriously if you want to steal poo poo plan a better crime. Don't take some dudes bike that he needs to go to work.

Megabuttes posted:

This is the best kind of justice.

Crazy Goat posted:

Shared this with my coworkers - one knows the victim and says he's not surprised that he'd go on a vendetta like this.

I'm surprised people actually liked this.

Speaking just about the video, it's just a bunch of shaky camera work with some dude yelling and chasing at another dude.

Speaking about the content, this is one of the most stupid things you can do and it's completely asinine to jump to the conclusion that a guy selling your bicycle on Craigslist is the same guy who stole your bike.

For one, the guys in this video were completely stupid about it because 1) they approached the guy without cops (cops being on the way does not count—you should arrange for the cops to already be there in case the guy does try to flee, or better yet, arrange for the cops to do all the talking) and 2) they approached someone who they thought was a thief (it was in public, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that someone could have seriously gotten hurt). And secondly, it's completely plausible that a random innocent guy is selling a stolen bike on Craigslist that he didn't know was stolen. When you buy poo poo off Craigslist, do you make sure you're not buying something stolen? How does someone even check if whatever you're buying is stolen or not?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and say you don't ride a bike, so maybe you don't know the personal emotional attachment that comes with it. In the vid, the guy clearly states there was only 4 days between it getting stolen and appearing on Craigslist; it's extremely unlikely that someone would buy and sell a bike in that short a turnaround unless they were a) the thief and b) involved in the burglary.

I have in fact bought used but working things from impatient people with the sole intention to immediately resell for a profit. Lots of people do this.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Silver posted:

This is poo poo. Will add some critique though.

1. There's no context as to why he's throwing the other guy out.
2. Why is the guy on his knees playing a video game on a chair?
3. Tell your camera man not to laugh when guy playing video games on his knees gets grabbed by the guy with no reason to be mad.
4. Mostly it was boring until guy grabbed other guy and tossed him out with the trash. Needs more of what happened before, a what/where/why that angry reading a book guy wants to toss out the chode playing a video game on his knees.
5. Kudos for keeping it short.

Also it's 2012. There's absolutely no reason anybody should be uploading videos in anything less than 720p.

e: Christ his other videos are just as bad and possibly worse. I don't understand any of this. What's with the dude with the scowl on his face, the stupid strawberry cup gimmick, and the whole people can't talk or whatever thing?

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 18, 2012

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Why did the interviewer just say "umm hmm" instead of, you know, calling him out or asking to explain?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

This video shows how America and Japan are different. The goal of this video, is to MAKE a little girl cry. The little girl is Ai Fukuhara, who is now ranked 6th in the world in women's table tennis. It's in japanese, but basically his goal is to lose at first and then beat her and well, make her cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okGPBfMduI0

Am I to really believe that out of all of the female table tennis players there are, a 6 year old girl is better than nearly all of them, despite the fact that the older ones have longer arms and faster reflexes? Really?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

bc87 posted:

This video highlights some of the crazy things christians do in churches. (It looks like a rave party).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsn_OEgby_c

Umm, no, that video is a highlight of some of the crazy things Pentecostals do in churches. Yes they're Christians, but not all Christians are Pentecostals, so you can't just lump them together dude.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Bukowski posted:

a video in which a Cool Catch(tm) is made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KAiCmFbZ-8

really makes ya think.

You're an idiot for holding the phone vertical.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I guess there's a live action Halo webseries out and it actually looks pretty well done and good. It's funded by Microsoft even and is suppose to be the prequel to Halo 4 coming out next month.

Episode 1
Episode 2

Guess new episodes come out every Friday until sometime in November.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

AngryCaterpillar posted:

It's real. Look at his other videos. He's definitely autistic.

Is this autism or just a guy who seriously has no social skills? Serious question here.

e: Actually the guy interviewing him is really rude, annoying, and unprofessional as well. He's laughing throughout the entire thing.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 18, 2012

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I'm looking for the video of the martial arts master with "magical" powers where all of his students were just falling down around him, and then the video where he fights against a real martial artist. Anyone got it?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Onean posted:

SpaceX is a private company that's working on getting affordable technologies for space applications. They've got a few big projects they're working on, one of which being the Dragon capsule, which has made two successful resupply trips to the ISS as the first non-government entity to dock with the ISS, bringing experiments and other items back to Earth as well, rather than just being left to burn up in the atmosphere.

This post isn't about the Dragon capsule, the Falcon 9 that it launched on, or the Merlin rocket engines it used to get off this big rock. It's about Grasshopper, their plans for a fully reusable launch system that uses a Vertical Takeoff Vertical Landing system so they don't have to drop the first and second stage in the ocean. This means a much cheaper and quicker turnaround to use the same vehicle, rather than needing to creating an entirely new vehicle for every launch. They are currently testing Grasshopper, and the recent tests have been dubbed Johny Cash Hover Slams by Elon Musk, the founder of SpaceX (and Tesla Motors, and co-founder of PayPal). Their most recent test, which was to test at a height two-thirds that of the Empire State Building, was just put up on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoxiK7K28PU

Is that a bird getting toasted in the beginning of the video?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

co199 posted:

That's incredible. That's probably the best finish I've ever seen, including the NASCAR races where they come over the line upside down and on fire. What a finish!

Does that actually happen? I need to see it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

kedo posted:

Good to know at least some parents these days are raising their kids well. :unsmith:

Give these kids 20 years and half of them are going to grow into racist assholes.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't really get the hate for some songs just because the isolated vocals are bad? I mean would you hate movies if they isolated the color blue and call it a poo poo movie?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Finally, an incredibly touching ad for Water is Life, who also did the first world problems ad in Africa. 1 in 5 kids in Kenya don't make it to 5 years old, so they found a 4 year old and helped him complete his bucket list. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYf82F3CHYo

Cute video. Is WiL a real charity or are they one of those ones that end up keeping most of the money?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Here's an ad Samsung made for their SSD. The acting is... special...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPdCS8p6LjA

"... what?"

Video is private. Anyone got another link?

MrFrosty posted:

A complete clusterfuck of a wedding proposal. Watch it til the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atqtl1J-z3Q

I really hope this is fake but I've seen a lot of poo poo on the internet and something tells me it's not :(. Either way three months :wtf:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I like how the guy is backing up slowly, as if to say "gently caress this poo poo :stare:"

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

For Amerigoons:

John McCain accused of treason at town hall meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8SycdU3QDk

What kind of bizarro world are we in now where the right is accusing John loving McCain of treason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Dead Blue Sky posted:

I assume they're speaking Russian mostly, but mom clearly says "shower" so I have to ask, is there no Russian word for "shower"?

Samfucius posted:

There is, but seeing as they both switch back and forth between languages a bunch, I think its just a bilingual thing.

I grew up bilingual and yeah it's called code switching. I remember as a kid when my friends would hear me talk to my mom they would think it was so cool and "must be hard" to switch languages all the time but in reality it's just something you do without thinking about at all.

• Locked thread