Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Bad Lip Reading isn't getting enough representation. They're pretty silly, but when you take into account that they're all done by one guy (the music production, editing, vocals, even the female vocals) it's damned impressive. The music itself is often better than the originals too, with some excellent professional-quality production and new lyrics that are usually loving hilarious.

Gang Fight
The first one he did is based off of Rebecca Black's terrible song Friday. The quality of the music isn't quite as good as some of his later songs, but it still far surpasses what it's parodying.

Asian Baby
Probably the weakest effort of the bunch. Original video is by Justin Bieber - That Should Be Me ft. Rascal Flatts.

Everybody Poops
This is where it starts getting better. The songs lyrics actually have a relatively consistent theme and the music is quite excellent. Original video is Black Eyes Peas Boom Boom Pow.

Black Umbrella (The Right Stuff)
This could almost pass as an actual Top 40 hit. Based off of Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus with a little Snoop Dogg mixed in.

Magic Man
Star Wars and LOTR references start creeping in, not that it's a problem. Has a loving awesome bass line. Based off My Chick Bad by Ludacris.

Hot Jumping Beans
Another mediocre Justin Bieber BLR, not particularly good or interesting though the little guitar solo isn't bad. Original video is That Should Be Me.

(Rockin') All Nite Long
Yet another Top 40 couldabeen. Most of the lyrics aren't even that silly, though they are far, far dirtier than the original, which is Our Song by Taylow Swift. Ugh.

Dirty Spaceman
Was DMCA'd off the official account, which is a shame because this is one of my favourites. Original is Check It Out by will.i.am and Nicki Minaj. I'm not going to link the original because seriously, gently caress them :mad:

Russian Unicorn
Based off of Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Bublé, he responded really well to it, even going so far as to call it one of his favourite songs.

Morning Dew
This is a bit of a mashup and heavily edited and features video from Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga and Jay-Z. It's pretty epic and he does a spot-on impersonation of Jay-Z.

Beard With Glue
This one is musically a little bit too close to the original song (You're Beautiful by James Blunt) but it's still quite hilarious. It's also got the least amount of editing i've seen, must have been quite a challenge to match the lip sync that well.

Kicked Your Monkey
MONKEY! Based off of Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.

Time To Rock
Similar to Friday in that it's based off a song made by stupid teenagers, it's probably the funniest video yet. (Nazis? Whimper Face!)

He's also done some non-musical stuff but I find that pretty boring.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I'm not usually one for wanting to see ads go viral, but here is an advertisment for the 2012 Paralympics. It's one of the best ads I've seen in a long time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTamH__xuQ

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1RzQ5rKd_0#t=37s

He says YOLO. I mean, I don't know if it just sounds like it... but it seems a very odd thing for an assassin to say.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

cat doter posted:

I've been subscribed to a channel for a while now called PortsCenter, and I think it's criminally underviewed, so I thought I'd mention it here.

I have an interest in ports of games too, though he's pretty annoyingly biased and opinionated. He isn't really thorough either, since in his review of Doom for the PSX he neglects to mention that there is a TC for the PC version of Doom that is a near-perfect recreation of PSX Doom. In addition, there is a PC version of Doom 64 too, reverse engineered so accurately that it's technically a proper port rather than a TC.

I'd much prefer if he looked at a game and it's ports as a whole, judging them by the system they were on instead of focusing on specific ports like he did with Mortal Kombat and Doom. Doom has a massive amount of ports to different systems, official and unofficial and it would have been a lot more interesting if he looked at that wider spectrum.

I find ports of more advanced games squeezed down into older systems quite interesting, since it generally means the game has to be re-interpreted in some way, creating an interesting riff on the original concept and ideas. Some ports even managed to get squeezed down onto inferior hardware with barely a hit to gameplay and graphics at all, notably Road Rash for the Master System and Game Gear. Audio takes a nasty hit though...

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Not a YouTube video. It's from NBC.com, so probably not everyone can watch it.

A sketch from SNL dress rehearsal that didn't make it to air because it was "a trainwreck." Bill Hader and the writers give commentary on it.

The sketch is actually kind of funny, for both the right and wrong reasons.

SNL is a trainwreck and this is amazing.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

coleman francis posted:

It must be so weird having politicians with above room temperature iq's.

Unfortunately he's also a piece of poo poo who wants to throw asylum seekers (including children) into concentration camps. The opposition party in Australia wants to force them to work for basically nothing and treat them as second class citizens (they'll have less rights). In other words: slavery.

Australian politics is a goddamn joke at the moment.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 3, 2013

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Idiootti posted:

How is this economically viable? How much do christmas trees cost in america?

Well, if they're paid by time... look how fast that motherfucker is going geez

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Jesus, what the gently caress happened to Lisa Turtle?

Also, whomever it was that titled the video is just as incoherent.

What the hell is this? Can anyone make heads or tails of this poo poo?

Whoosh

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Hardcore construction guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPuI_pbCYOI

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

magnificent7 posted:

I kept waiting for this to be a video from The Onion or Cracked. What the gently caress.

I know right? It's literally unbelievable.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Russia is baffling when people driving on the sidewalk is an actual problem that happens this much. Like, driving up on a sidewalk? That'd be hosed up, yeah. But these people are driving down walking paths to avoid traffic. That's really something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeKFY1gF0uc&hd=1

I know there's all those "cuh-razy russian drivers!" compilations out there but I like these guy's style. They obstruct your way when you're doing something you shouldn't, tell you to get back on the road, and if you refuse, they stick a hubcap-sized sticker pointing out how much of a shithead you are to your windshield.

The group that makes these videos are an astroturfed, kremlin-backed organisation that has strong links to other groups that are xenophobic, anti-gay and racist.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Cool, got more info on that? It'd be an interesting read.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%A5%D0%B0%D0%BC

The best starting point is this well-cited russian wikipedia article. You'll have to trudge through some mechanical translations though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Not a fan of reading babelfished text at length, I'll pass. Pretty interesting that that sort of thing is more sinister than it appears though, giving people more poo poo for being horrible, reckless drivers should be a worldwide thing.

I've been seeing the group pop up more and more often in western media. It'd be nice to see an expose on them.

• Locked thread