Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

Welcome to City of Heroes Issue #23: Where Shadows Lie!

Patch Notes (Paragon Wiki)

• New zone: Night Ward (30-35 co-op)

• The Magisterium Incarnate Trial (24 players), which ties up the Praetorian War storyarc and unlocks...

• Hybrid Incarnate powers (more)

• Assault - increases damage
    • Control - extra damage+control to mezzed foes, or control procs on damage powers
    • Melee - regen + defense/resistance + status protection/taunt auras
    • Support - league-wide buffs

• The first edition in the SSA #2 series

• Kheldians can now switch forms instantly (but still suck)

• Statesman has finally hosed off (Miss Liberty now starts the STF)

• So has Sister Psyche (and her TF, it's been replaced with Penelope Yin's)

• Critters can now use Taunt effects on players

And the standard reminders:
  • Goons are generally playing on the :catdrugs: VIRTUE :catdrugs: server.

• There is a referral program for new and returning subscribers - post your email address in this thread for free Paragon Points / game time.

• To get an invite to our super secret chat channel, post your global handle either here in this thread or in Goontown's "Global Invites" forum

• After being invited, use a bind like this to talk in the GoonSquad channel: /bind <key> "beginchat /send GoonSquad "

Sharrow fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.
first post

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

you forgot about the cool new TUNNEL system~

also, :laffo: old content. 30 minute 4 man master of kahn

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
I feel like I should be responding primarily since the thread title is deliciously appropriate.

http://youtu.be/C7NRw9pArGY

Yea, Khan is a fun one post-incarnate to me. I like to join pubbie ones who don't quite understand why the missions are ending so quickly.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 8, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I'm glad my quip made it in as the thread title :smug:

Still, anyone on the fence about this game, seriously, come play with us. I've been playing off and on since just after launch and I always have a good time hangin with my SA bros.

This game is a terrible quagmire of godawful sexual weirdos in the "RP" zones outside goonsquad chat though.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Slung Blade posted:

Still, anyone on the fence about this game, seriously, come play with us. I've been playing off and on since just after launch and I always have a good time hangin with my SA bros.

This. If you don't have a MMORPG, you have no reason at all not to play CoH. You can play for free and not be gimped at all until the endgame, goons are fun to hang out with and will help you get buff, and you can make fun of the ERP furries.

(or be an ERP furry, your choice.)

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Gynovore posted:

You can play for free and not be gimped at all until the endgame
Except for not being able to send tells which gimps you pretty hard.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm not really playing much lately but :bravo: to the thread title. See you guys when I can spend :10bux: to make a urine blaster

edit: oh and I guess I better add for the new thread- if anyone wants Goontown access Oni Elem and I can grant it after you register there, although some new people don't seem to be able to post. Just tell us here or if you happen to see me (@Wreckerbot) in-game. It's not a busy as it used to be but there are builds for pretty much anything you could want to make posted over there.

Pez fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 8, 2012

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

OneEightHundred posted:

Except for not being able to send tells which gimps you pretty hard.

Well, yeah. But there's the new LFG chat channel for finding a team, the goon chat channel for goonyness, plus the usual broadcast and local, so that only hurts you when you want to send an invitation to cyber with the futa catgirl vampire in Pocket D.

Looking through this page, if you don't spend a penny...
  • You can be a Blaster, Brute, Corruptor, Defender, Dominator, Scrapper, Stalker and Tanker.

• You can't use the Incarnate system. This won't matter until level 50.

• You can't use Inventions or the Auction House. This will hurt at 50, not so much until then.

• You can't join Supergroups. This is no big deal, since there is no content that requires that you be in an SG to participate in.

• Only small Inspirations drop. This will be a minor setback starting around level 25.

• You can read the forums but can't post; you can receive email but can't send it.
In short, go here and download City of Heroes right loving now. Try it free for a month or so. If you like it, you should probably pay $15/mo for VIP- it's worth it- but if you're poor, or mommy won't let you have her credit card, you'll still have a lot of fun playing for free.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So if you guys don't roleplay weird yiffy fursuit sex, what do you do in this superhero MMORPG?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Evil Sagan posted:

So if you guys don't roleplay weird yiffy fursuit sex, what do you do in this superhero MMORPG?

Literally roleplay sex with numbers uh gently caress yeah 5% smashing defense uh gently caress yeah right there toxic resist

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Evil Sagan posted:

Look at Tommy's dick.

Also reposting some of the wonderful SUPERPUBS and their beautiful descriptions.

Find the rest here.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Literally roleplay sex with numbers uh gently caress yeah 5% smashing defense uh gently caress yeah right there toxic resist

nobody builds for toxic resist poser

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gynovore posted:

Looking through this page, if you don't spend a penny...
  • You can't join Supergroups. This is no big deal, since there is no content that requires that you be in an SG to participate in.

• You can read the forums but can't post.

This is incorrect. From the I23 Patch Notes:

Free players may now be invited into SuperGroups. (Free players still cannot create SuperGroups.)

And there are certain parts of the forums that Free/Premium Players can post on. They are denoted with ALL ACCESS: as the name of the section. For example: ALL ACCESS: Player Questions.

Sadly, ParagonWiki seems to be falling farther and farther behind. :(

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Gonna repost this because it's never gonna get old and it's relevant, I got the F Plus podcast to do an episode on weird and stupid roleplayers. Thre's also a lot of value in the full document I compiled we were reading from.

Sadly bits of them are outdated - Zero Hikari has now divorced Ritalin and is in a custody battle over their child, and Velvet Justice has now become a nazi dickgirl.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
City of Heroes is a fantastic game and you fence sitters need to give it a go. I can never play it for hugely extended periods of time, but I always come back. :unsmith:

I do it...for Tyranno 2.0 and the lizard jews that implicitly exist.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Six whats with the custom character data in your UI?

I want that!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Hi posted:

Six whats with the custom character data in your UI?

I want that!

Go to Powers/Combat Attributes, right click on anything that looks interesting and hit 'monitor'. A little window will pop up and keep track of it in real time. I use it whenever I (briefly) make a blaster to keep track of the constant small damage buffs, and figure out the best order to fire powers off.

I'm not really sure why someone would need to keep constant track of their influence, though. Do your character have stockholders?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I tend to monitor Regen Rate, Recovery Rate, Stamina Usage, and Last Hit Chance on all my characters. Base Damage is pretty useful if you're using Rage, for an easy way to tell if you're crashing.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Critters taunting is so goddamn wacky. I was running Night Ward stuff with Scar (me a SJ/WP scrapper, him a SJ/Nin stalker) and we had a huge meaty group of Black Knights taunting me so fast I couldn't loving hit anything.

So I used Self-Destruction.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Hadn't played in like 250 days or so, but finished the new trial last night.

I was surprised by how fun it was, in addition to the new mechanics - and the new slot seems ridiculously overpowered, definitely win/win!

Looking forward to staff fighting going on sale again (since I was lazy and/or busy and missed it on the 7th anniversary)

So.. what's it like on Virtue? I have heard my fair share of horror stories, but it's always fun when goons are around! Is incarnate stuff done.. reasonably? I'd hate to hit a brick wall in character development because everyone is too busy roleplaying to smash faces.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Gynovore posted:

I'm not really sure why someone would need to keep constant track of their influence, though. Do your character have stockholders?

so when i log into them i can see how much they have without having to go into my character data page or a store or the auction house or w/e.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Patware posted:

So I used Self-Destruction.

This is always such a wonderful tactic. I really wish some sets had this as a choosable power on a 1 minute cooldown.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tom Powers posted:

Hadn't played in like 250 days or so, but finished the new trial last night.

I was surprised by how fun it was, in addition to the new mechanics - and the new slot seems ridiculously overpowered, definitely win/win!

Looking forward to staff fighting going on sale again (since I was lazy and/or busy and missed it on the 7th anniversary)

So.. what's it like on Virtue? I have heard my fair share of horror stories, but it's always fun when goons are around! Is incarnate stuff done.. reasonably? I'd hate to hit a brick wall in character development because everyone is too busy roleplaying to smash faces.

Virtue is actually one of the better servers for pubbies knowing what the gently caress they're doing in Incarnate Trials.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Tom Powers posted:

So.. what's it like on Virtue? I have heard my fair share of horror stories, but it's always fun when goons are around!

Well, there's always people around. You can DFB your way to 20 in an hour almost any night or weekend. On the other hand, pubbies are always a crapshoot. I've had a few Incarnate fails, but not many. My first Magi success was on Virtue, after several failures.

Every RP story you've heard is true, and it's not confined to Pocket D, either. Now, I'm not 100% opposed to RP- I love writing up a cool backstory- but it can be painful to come across two lesbian futa catgirls going at it, especially when you envision the sweaty 300lb guy playing each one.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Oh boy! We're playing that game? Whats the prize? :allears:

http://i.imgur.com/JdhzZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/teqUg.jpg

I think I hit bingo with that last one. Half the fun is sitting in Pocket D looking for all the ~*Roleplayers*~.

The other half is waiting for queues to pop.
--

So hows SJ? I'm really attached to my SS/WP Brute, but I really dislike the rage crashes. Is SJ a good brawler replacement set?

Edit: Linked cause I can't figure out how to timg images.
Edit2: Where the hell is the Pocket D bingo checklist?

TalonDemonKing fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 9, 2012

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

"Shapeshifting: RPed as emotes." just has me cracking up for some reason. I'm not even sure why, but I find it hilarious.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

TalonDemonKing posted:

Edit2: Where the hell is the Pocket D bingo checklist?

Gotcha covered.

I think either bingo is a terrible framework for this, or it needs to be updated, because Cheronne really should have won you that at least once. I mean we have an Evanescence quote, shapeshifting, vampire-but-not, fox spirit (I think fox-people are now as common as werewolves and catgirls), RP powers not in any way referred to in her actual powers (which are just too often telepathy or regeneration) and referring to other characters we don't know about in the bio.

EDIT: vv On my worse days, I only have a couple of them (OOC in broadcast and run-on paragraph sentences typically, but the second's intentional because my main is a pretentious intellectual hipster douchebag), which isn't too bad.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 9, 2012

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I am proud that I only have one character who could fill in one square of that (novel for a bio), and it isn't even an RP character. :colbert:

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Demon isn't a square, so I get away scott free!

I'll fire up photoshop here in about half an hour when I get home for a new bingo sheet. Any suggestions?

(ERPer doesn't count as a suggestion)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Going entirely off of bios instead of in-character behavior:

-Theme song
-Vampire (real or psychic)
-Powers clearly unrelated to actual in-game powers
-'Go to Virtueverse for more/pictures'

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

TalonDemonKing posted:

Demon isn't a square, so I get away scott free!

I'll fire up photoshop here in about half an hour when I get home for a new bingo sheet. Any suggestions?

(ERPer doesn't count as a suggestion)

Theme song.

Rape.

Bio tells how s/he smells (ewww), what "aura" you "read", and how you feel upon seeing her.

"Walkup Friendly"

Detailed information on the jewelry she's wearing.

A catgirl... but not really... and a fox spirit... but not really... and a vampire, but...

Rape.

You said 'rape' twice.

I like rape.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Youtube theme song link is a glaring omission in that bingo card.

Switching voices mid-bio is another. (example: "Scott was born normal with mutant powers" followed a paragraph later by "I love the night and must crush all villainous angels").

I think you can take Katana off of there now, no one plays Katana. Replace with Beast MM or dark control characters who keep their pet summoned all the time.

Also add non-combat pets always out. The liger should be an instant win.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Pez posted:

I think you can take Katana off of there now, no one plays Katana. Replace with Beast MM or dark control characters who keep their pet summoned all the time.

Also add non-combat pets always out. The liger should be an instant win.

Actually I think these can be combined with use of the panther/coyote powers as 'overuse of four-legged rig'.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Futa is missing off the card.

Also, people actually have a few legitimate reasons to be in Atlas and even in Pocket D (Night Ward missions) so they should get the benefit of the doubt.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 9, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Futa is missing off the card.

Also, people actually have a few legitimate reasons to be in Atlas and even in Pocket D (Night Ward missions) so they should get the benefit of the doubt.

how about standing under Atlas broadcasting "looking for team" when over level 15

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Pez posted:

how about standing under Atlas broadcasting "looking for team" when over level 15

People tend to use Atlas for DiB teamup, which is good all through the 20's. I suppose just "using Atlas for RP", but then I've seen dozens of people use the lecture halls in RWZ for some retarded RP I had no clue about.

As for Katana, put "Bio says he has a katana when that's not his power."

Also, Beast Mastery. Fill in an entire row if he's not VIP, which means he paid $$$ to be an MM on top of paying for a lovely powerset.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Well, doesn't look half bad.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Someone post a mids for the most balls to the wall unkillable deathmachine titan wield build that has a damage aura. I dont want fire because I have an irrational dislike for fire aura, but electric for dark armor is good. Money is pretty much not an object, dont make every set purple just to be a douchebag tho.

It needs to be def capped, unkillable, and poo poo damage like a dude thats been a vegan for the last decade and just ate a mcrib.

If someone posts one I end up liking enough to actually level up and use I will mail you a pvp 3%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I s'pose I should finally break down and join the Goons.

I'm on right now, and my Global is @Savannah Nightwolf

• Locked thread