Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

OneEightHundred posted:

Fire Ball targets a unit so you need LOS.

I know, but the blast AOE will go around corners. You just need a dude out in front of the rest of his group, which is pretty common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Aeric posted:

Stop right there, Fire Blast only barely manages to keep up with Katana.

Wait, is this saying Katana is the highest ST DPS in the game unenhanced before other factors are in place?

Aeric
Jul 24, 2007
i eat souls
No, Katana is middle of the road ST.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Slung Blade posted:

I know, but the blast AOE will go around corners. You just need a dude out in front of the rest of his group, which is pretty common.

Discussion of proper angels for maximum ball exposure. This post is the thread, condensed to a Platonic Ideal.

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
I kinda don't like the direction they're taking their new arcs.

They give you a fun couple of missions, but then they feel the only way to really cap it is to throw an Elite Boss or two at you.

Night Ward does this constantly. I couldn't even beat the last mission on my own because an EB that restores health to itself at 20% and summons a new EB to assist it is a little more than my stalker was able to handle.

I tried a couple of times, but one of them was able to see my Stalker as soon as he entered the area and I quickly tired of running all the way across Night Ward and through three floors of office building just to die again so I had to auto-complete.

I kinda hope they find a new way to make missions epic rather than throwing elite bosses at us non-stop. We're not all playing Scrappers and Brutes after all.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Cuchulain posted:

Discussion of proper angels for maximum ball exposure.

for lo, I am Testiciel, the Seraph of Hangin' Brain

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Tommy literally just reminded me this game exists,

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Teim posted:

Tommy literally just reminded me this game exists,

If you come back I'm going to have to as well

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still anxiously waiting some new powersets before I decide to come back. But when I do you better be there wrecker.

Did the -kb IOs make it in i23? If so how hilariously good are they in things like tornado or bonfire?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm not 100% on coming back yet. I'll have to see how early most goons come on seeing as I have a cranky woman in my apt who reminds me that staying up til 8am to thrust the crotch of a giant AFS man in hotpants into the face of some CC judge is a bad idea.

Have prices gone up?

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah everything is more inflated than ever. If you are planning on coming back I would hold out a few more months honestly. Last time I logged on goonsquad seemed pretty dead, but it should pick back up with the release of a new powerset or two.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Issue 23 was a serious snoozefest, so it didn't cause the usual spike in people coming back to the game

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Issue 23 was released 2 weeks after Diablo 3, so it didn't cause the usual spike in people coming back to the game

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Diablo 3 didn't even hold my interest for 2 full weeks, but nothing in I23 made me want to grace you nerds with the gift of my presence again anyway

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't get diablo 3 and was still bored by i23, so that's not the only cause.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Soothing Vapors posted:

Diablo 3 didn't even hold my interest for 2 full weeks, but nothing in I23 made me want to grace you nerds with the gift of my presence again anyway

This is pretty true for me too although I think I lasted longer than 2 weeks. Still nothing in I23 has made me really want to play again. Looking forward to new powersets though. And... did someone mention a new archetype in the works somewhere or was I fever dreaming?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Issue 23 is kind of interesting in how it fell flat despite the effort - I mean you wouldn't know it to look, but we got a new zone, a new Incarnate trial that caps off a whole storyline, a new Incarnate slot, and a new TF, and... nobody seems to care when logically that should've made us go nuts.

Diablo 3's the obvious answer, but I'm also going to suggest pointing the blame at what they seemed to decide to make the 'spearhead' content of the issue. We're finishing the big Incarnate content storyline in the Magisterium trial, that's pretty loving big. We actually got, for the first time, a change in a main group's roster, that was clearly at least big enough to make it onto the new splash page, what's wrong with that? But no, apparently they decided Night Ward, a largely unnecessary continuation of subplots that nobody cared about in the first place, was a more appropriate thing to put front and center. Since they already wore out our tolerance for Praetorian poo poo and four-legged rigs, nobody gave a flying gently caress.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Free Headcrab posted:

I'm still anxiously waiting some new powersets before I decide to come back. But when I do you better be there wrecker.

Did the -kb IOs make it in i23? If so how hilariously good are they in things like tornado or bonfire?

I log in every now and then to see who's on, maybe mess around on a lowbie, but I probably won't VIP again for a few weeks. Unless I get really bored with non-incarnates that is. I'll be in Pocket D on the 28th for the meme costume contest.

23 held no interest for me because honestly, why do we need another new zone? I'd rather see revamps to old zones with new arcs, not another one like First Ward that I will do the new arcs once then never visit again. Not to mention they have announced a zillion new powersets and we didn't see a single one, meaning they're waiting to sell them all instead of being free.

Pez fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 14, 2012

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

But when do we get a flatbear costume piece!?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Cuchulain posted:

Discussion of proper angels for maximum ball exposure. This post is the thread, condensed to a Platonic Ideal.

I'm no Wayne Gretzky, but I try to set a good example.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The costume is kind of poo poo, but the idea amused me, so here's my submission to the costume contest:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hahahahhahaahha

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Issue 23 is kind of interesting in how it fell flat despite the effort - I mean you wouldn't know it to look, but we got a new zone, a new Incarnate trial that caps off a whole storyline, a new Incarnate slot, and a new TF, and... nobody seems to care when logically that should've made us go nuts.

This seems to happen quite a bit when Positron is in charge.

I've never played a Diablo game in my life, so that's not to blame for me. No idea what it was, but this issue didn't even feel like :effort:. It's now tied with I15 for Most Boring Issue.

One thing I do know that soured me was the mobs in Night Ward. Living Spells using Ice and Time powers, flooring your recharge. GREAT answer to players building for perma-Hasten. :rolleyes:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Bieeardo posted:

The costume is kind of poo poo, but the idea amused me, so here's my submission to the costume contest:

While that is indeed awesome, they don't seem to read character bios at contests :(

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

This seems to happen quite a bit when Positron is in charge.

I've never played a Diablo game in my life, so that's not to blame for me. No idea what it was, but this issue didn't even feel like :effort:. It's now tied with I15 for Most Boring Issue.

One thing I do know that soured me was the mobs in Night Ward. Living Spells using Ice and Time powers, flooring your recharge. GREAT answer to players building for perma-Hasten. :rolleyes:

gently caress the goddamn Living Spells, holy poo poo.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Pez posted:

While that is indeed awesome, they don't seem to read character bios at contests :(
So just spam it in chat I guess.

Patware posted:

gently caress the goddamn Living Spells, holy poo poo.
I guess they finally decided to close the gap between classes with and without mez resistance.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

OneEightHundred posted:

I guess they finally decided to close the gap between classes with and without mez resistance.

More like I guess they finally decided to start wasting time and resources developing lots of new content no one will ever play more than once through.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I thought the living spells were pretty cool :saddowns:

Of course I try to mezz the gently caress out of anything before it can do unto me, so, I dunno, I'm biased or something.

I liked their mission arc, at least.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

I thought the living spells were pretty cool :saddowns:

Of course I try to mezz the gently caress out of anything before it can do unto me, so, I dunno, I'm biased or something.

I liked their mission arc, at least.

They were cool as long as they didn't have ice storms and time stops.

I went through that poo poo as a /WP so my horrible experience completely discounted the idea of ever getting mezzed, too.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Just doing the first little bit of Night Ward arc, the thing that annoyed me about the living spells wasn't so much the mez, but two things:
They were *extremely* easy to blend into the background making it difficult to see just where they are
And the fact that they won't group up. I've noticed this with a lot of the new groups actually, in an effort to slow the Awesome that is AOE, the newer groups have tendency to split the gently caress off or run away quicker. This isn't a problem if you're playing as a group, but things like Pandora (clearly meant to solo) being comprised of mostly Sky Raiders is quite infuriating.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

When is the patch that gets rid of fleeing enemies? I will resub for that patch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I like fleeing enemies just for the satisfaction of finishing a kill with my brute Epic power blast. Zappo!

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

r.i.p. goontown

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

So what are the general rules for soloing pylons? No lore, no accolades, no power pools? Or can you use power pools? I mean for calculating DPS. Is it only your primary attack set you base it off of? The Scrapper thread on the official boards is a thousand and one pages long so I don't really care about reading that at all ever.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The rule for soloing pylons is you have to be gay as hell.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Concurred posted:

So what are the general rules for soloing pylons? No lore, no accolades, no power pools? Or can you use power pools? I mean for calculating DPS. Is it only your primary attack set you base it off of? The Scrapper thread on the official boards is a thousand and one pages long so I don't really care about reading that at all ever.

The only thing people discount are certain incarnate powers and outside help.

Alpha and Interface are generally "accepted" as a-ok, while Lore is usually discounted because some lore pets (Cimerorans) do more dps than even you put out. Hybrid is new and shiny and probably should be counted if you're going for a best time. Same with Destiny, although there aren't as many offensive applications there. Judgement is fairly inconsequential to single target fights, and I believe most runs don't bother using it.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Bakalakadaka posted:

The rule for soloing pylons is you have to be gay as hell.

Yeah I know, I am gay as hell though

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

r.i.p. goontown

I was sad at first but I just found out that IF I DRIVE MORE THAN 37 MILES PER DAY I AM BEING RIPPED OFF BY NOT USING THIS ONE INSANELY EASY LOOPHOLE

Which is better than any post on Goontown has been in years

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Rixen posted:

I kinda don't like the direction they're taking their new arcs.

They give you a fun couple of missions, but then they feel the only way to really cap it is to throw an Elite Boss or two at you.

Night Ward does this constantly. I couldn't even beat the last mission on my own because an EB that restores health to itself at 20% and summons a new EB to assist it is a little more than my stalker was able to handle.

I tried a couple of times, but one of them was able to see my Stalker as soon as he entered the area and I quickly tired of running all the way across Night Ward and through three floors of office building just to die again so I had to auto-complete.

I kinda hope they find a new way to make missions epic rather than throwing elite bosses at us non-stop. We're not all playing Scrappers and Brutes after all.

The first mission of the last Night Ward arc was what got me to stop due to utter bullshit quotient. Admittedly, I could have brought down my difficulty from 0/x3, but even at that level there's no excuse for spawning seven boss-level copies of Malaise at once, each with Confuse, heavy KB and able to see through Hide.

Catsworth posted:

This is pretty true for me too although I think I lasted longer than 2 weeks. Still nothing in I23 has made me really want to play again. Looking forward to new powersets though. And... did someone mention a new archetype in the works somewhere or was I fever dreaming?

Primalist, as I understand it. Akin to the WoW Druid, having a tough form and a stealth attack form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

LaserShark posted:

Primalist, as I understand it. Akin to the WoW Druid, having a tough form and a stealth attack form.

Oh. I thought that was just a new set. Didn't find it that interesting. :smith:

Ah well, thanks.

• Locked thread