Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Does anyone know of a puzzle app that has a setting where instead of finding the move that wins material, you have to find moves that prevent catastrophic losses.

That seems more relevant to my games tbh. I'm too aggressive and give away everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

That sounds exactly like what i am after! haha

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

woah aimchess looks amazing

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

It looks like if you pay for it, it analyses 1000 instead of 40 games. I guess that will be a lot more accurate in terms of your openings which have gone well/badly

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Anyone interested in being a kind of chess mentor for fun and profit (no really, just fun)

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

It's actually not obvious where this thread is either. I had to search to find it

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Anyone seen the chessbrah building habits series? I've been really enjoying it https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8N8j2e7RpPnpqbISqi1SJ9_wrnNU3rEm

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

At 650 it's not even tactics. It's just taking hanging pieces

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

does anyone use chessable? I got an account but I have no idea what to do or where to begin (1050 blitz)

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

What's the best way to learn from puzzles? I just do them on chess tempo or chess.com but often just play the obvious move to find the computer do something surprising which I react to.

Is there a way to get more out of them? Systematically doing them at a lower rating for example

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

I really want like a curriculum. Like how Khan academy teaches maths but for chess. Chessable and chess.com etc are so open ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Maugrim posted:

I think he gets to like 1200 before it's finally accepted.

I've reached level 4 (~1600 elo) of the chessbrah building habits streams (the long YouTube edits) after someone recommended them earlier in the thread, and I will say they are hilarious and decently educational. Thanks to that goon.

You are welcome!