Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

french lies posted:

Also that Thai forum is amazing. I'm browsing the Marriage and Divorce section now and the cynicism and broken dreams on display are nothing short of mesmerizing.
Mesmerizing? That stuff is crack.

quote:

You have to realise that during a divorce there are no niceties and your wife’s sole ambition will be to smash you into the ground and this will happen no matter how long of being together, having a child or whatever, so be prepared to see a side of her you perhaps have never witnessed before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

ReindeerF posted:

There's a surprisingly large number of (usually miserable to begin with) foreign males who will seek out hookers to marry in Southeast Asia, then put all their money and assets in the hooker's name. It never fails to end in tragicomedy. If you said to these same guys, "Okay, Bob, let's cruise down to the lovely side of town, meet some hookers, marry them and then open a business!" back home they'd think you were crazy, but, nope, not in SE Asia!
I couldn't find it by Googling so I'll have to check if I have it stored anywhere but there's an article that's an interview of bunch of men who go to Pattaya and it was amazing. A fantasy land where you can do anything as long as there's money and a lot of suicides by men coming to the realization that it will come to an end at some point. A desperate clinging to the land of do-as-you-please which also says volumes about how those people would act if they got to decide how the relationship between sexes works.

• Locked thread