Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Is there any way to see this online/download it that's not iTunes? Or am I just going to have to wait for it to be on regular TV, like all the worthless schlubs out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Winklebottom posted:

Soos, Sasquatch!

Would anyone in the "target audience" even have any idea why this is so funny?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson-Gimlin_film

Edit: For real content, holy Hell I love this show. The latest episode was the "weakest" of the three so far, but that's not saying much. That's like saying the guy who takes the bronze medal in the Olympics power-lift is the "weakest."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Pick posted:

By the way, does anyone else expect the goat to be important, too?

Oh, I have a feeling it will be...just you wait...:tinfoil:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Hockles posted:

This show is so good, I would switch gangtags for it.

The box Gang Tag...says no.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ha, this is pretty funny. The best part is when you get to the living room, and hover the cursor over the rug.

Edit: You look good today. Unlike Yesterday...yikes!

Double edit: I also made a thing!

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 10, 2012

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

ChaosMonkey posted:

I'm am acquainted with both these dudes, so take this with whatever grain of salt you feel necessary, but this podcast is fine and good times.

I enjoyed the start of the first podcast, but didn't care for the one dude's twenty minute rambling story about how he "totally saw a gnome, for reals" when he was a kid.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ariong posted:

My god.

The answer has been staring us in the face this whole time. We were just to dumb to see it.

So what you're trying to say, is that he's some sort of Pig-Man...perhaps from a whole race of Pig-Men who are all descendant from that single pig?

Perhaps from some sort of horrible, dystopian Pig-Man future where he, and indeed all Pig-Men, have risen up against their human oppressors. He came back in time to meet the one human who showed compassion to the Pig-Men's ancestor in an effort to prove to the future Pig-Men that the human race should not be destroyed, thus violating the Great Pig-Men Council's decree?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Somebody posted this video in the GBS Youtube thread,and for some reason I immediately thought "Dipper and Mabel: The Early Years"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrWA3Fu6wto

Am...am I weird for making that association? Oh God, this show's in my head!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Gah, I can't watch this yet! I have satellite, so to get on demand, I have to hook it up to the internet, but the router is far away from the receiver box...I'd rather not have an unsightly Cat5 cord draped about.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Personally my personal high note for the show was the Inconveniencing, and none of the other episodes have reached that again, but the characters and dynamics they've set up still work well enough even in premises as weak as the manitaur episode.

"That's what I'm sayin'!"

Simple line from Gruncle Stan, but my favorite, and aptly appropriate here.

Also, I just got dine listening to the podcast that has him on as a "guest" and it was hilarious.

Thanks, Jimmy and The Weasel!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Level Slide posted:

There's quite a variety of animals living in the Mystery Shack, now that I think about it. There's the goat, the lobster, and now Waddles. And that's only counting the living ones.

Don't forget wax Larry King's head!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Doing some rewatches, and just two minutes into "Headhunters" and I already noticed a couple cool things:

When the "Duck-tective" clip ends, it freeze-frames with the "Duck-Tective" logo, which is, of course, a police shield badge...no, wait, it's a duck's foot...no, wait, it's both. :aaa:

And when Grunkle Stan checks on wax Abe Lincoln and sees he's melted from the window blind being open, the pyramid symbol can be seen in the window.

And also a wax Lizzie Bordon. :psyduck:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

So is that new episode all you bastards with on-demand already saw on tonight*? Or do I have to wait another god drat loving week, gently caress you and you'r spaced out scheduling Disney?!

*Seriously, why did I let my roommate convince me satellite is better? It is not in any way cheaper than cable, it goes out in light rain, Dish dropped AMC, and to get on-demand, I have to plug an ethernet cord into it, but of course my router is nowhere near the sat. box, and I don't want to run a 30' ethernet cable across half the drat condo.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Watching "Little Dipper" right now...they showed a preview for next week's episode (Halloween themed!)

Did I just see...
Waddles in a suit?!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Their fancy COMPUTER phones!

Text you a photo? :confused:

Now you're not even speaking English.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

mobo85 posted:

Well, that happened.

To change the subject back to what we were talking about, here's Alex Hirsch's cool painting of Grunkle Stan which was part of the Disney TV Animation Halloween art show.

And now, here it is, your Moment of Zen.

Can someone please tell him to shave that thing? What he's sporting now is far too goony...:smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Mr.Drf posted:

Guys, guys! This just in! It's cancelled because Disney decided they really freaking hate money. When advertisers pay them for air time for high rates shows? Yeah, the Disney corporation has decided it's the route out all evil and just can't in good conscience have anything to do with it?

What advertisers?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

The officially-confirmed-as-bootleg shirts here are much better.

I mean, seriously, who wouldn't want to give this shirt:

:stare:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Miniature Moose posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Gravity Falls- Disney, why you ackin so cray cray?

That gets my vote.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

iostream.h posted:

Hey, I'm a Nielsen family! Just got my book and all, chalk one up for the show!

I can't believe in the days of digital this, DVR that, Nielsen families still exist, and that they still use books.

I mean...wouldn't the networks get better/more accurate results by just looking at the data from the cable boxes? In the early days of cable, everything was "one way," but that's not the case anymore. Is inertia the only thing keeping the Nielsen company alive? Or do the cable companies not want to sell the data from their cable boxes to the networks?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

For those of us with lovely Dish Network and don't have it on demand, it premiers on regular TV tonight, right?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

...doggy? :ohdear:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

drat it...so this episode premiered on real TV last Friday? Ugh, I've been looking through all three Disney channels and I don't see this episode repeating at ALL! I've been looking drat near every day...my own fault for not setting up the DVR, I guess.

But honestly, I feel like 90% of the time I see a rerun of GF on a Disney channel, it's Little Dipper.

Why does that episode get repeated so drat often?!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Beerdeer posted:

I immediately went to Duke Phillips from the Critic.

Ha, that's what one of the guys from the GF Gossiper thought, as well.

All Hail Duke! Duke is Life!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

drat it, I didn't realize there was a new episode last night...my DVR is all screwry and didn't notice it was a new episode.

And Disney, for some reason, is not repeating it at all today or tomorrow on any of it's three networks, near as I can tell.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Down With People posted:

One man. One vision.

McGucket.

Something tells me McGucket gets lots of visions.

And voices.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Chexoid posted:

I got spoiled on it through tumblr. Gotta be careful peeps.

Do we know at least when that episode the spoiler is in will air? I want to know when it's safe to look at anything Gravity Falls related on anyplace other than SA.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Just saw this on Twitter

Cool.

And it'll only take another year to air the remaining 4 episode! :buddy:

(Four is just a guess, I have no idea how many are "in the can.")

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

drat all you people with your "on demand" services. :mad:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

So for those of us without demand, this episode premiere's this Friday night?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Nameless Pete posted:

Aren't those guys the ones from Mabel's hamster ball fantasy?

Yes, and it will be glorious. :allears:

Also, holy poo poo!
Pyramid Man is a real (fake dream) character we get to see and he interacts with the Twins?! :stare:

Edit: Of course, I was a dumbass and quoted it before he edited it. so I had to edit it, too.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 29, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The episode has aired, so I'm going to post it:

Granted, my degree is in engineering, so I'm "keen" to these things...but why is there a set of matrices equations in the top right corner? I'm seriously interested in that...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Uncle Jenkins posted:

I haven't been this intrigued by a show's mythology since Lost. Gravity Falls is too good for Disney Channel.

Gravity Falls is up there with Venture Brothers.

Hilarious cartoons that are steeped in awesome mythology...though with GF, you know they're going to go deeper with it, whereas with VB they love to troll us with it and have-wave big mysteries away with a one-liner from Doc, or something.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

What's this stupid Mickey Mouse panda poo poo?

Give me my Gravity Falls finale! :mad:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

That picture was taken out of context.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Uhh...squirrels in pants, after saying "do your own dirty work" seems pretty racy for a Disney Channel cartoon. :stare:

V V V Edit: Gotta capitalize on that sweet-sweet Pacific Rim audience? :confused:V V V

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 3, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Saw it coming a mile away, but that's ok, because...

GRAPPLING HOOK! :haw:

Edit: The "thumb's up" hand on Mabel's shirt has six fingers. :tinfoil:

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 3, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I was really expecting more secrets to be revealed.

Really, all we got was who has Book #1, and what the 3 books do when put together. I guess we also sort of got the answer to the question of whether or not Stan wrote the books.

Seems that if he did write them, he wouldn't then need the other 2 to activate the machine, right?

I was hoping we'd get some info about the Stan has a Twin theory.

Also, I remember several months back there were some leaked images from the finale regarding a CRAZY SECRET ABOUT A MAIN CHARACTER! I assumed it was about Stan, since he's the one who we knew had a secret, so since the finale has aired, what was the leaked image? Him in his lab with the three books?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Can you goons stop spoilering speculation, and stuff from yesterday's episode?

I can't tell how much is stuff I can look at, because it was just from last night, or how much might be from that leaked image a few months back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

It's just one of the Dipper Clones that comes back. They tell everyone in town they are really triplets, and forgot to mention it until now.

• Locked thread