Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sup, Holmes?

I must also agree that the cavalier talk of death and murder took me by surprise. I guess wax people don't count, but there was something unsettling about how Mable paused in her post-battle clean-up to ask Shakespeare for a limerick, and when it bored her she tossed his head screaming into the fire. It's a little impressive they got away with it, and the twins notch up an unambiguously life-or-death victory.

On another note, John Oliver as Sherlock was great, sounded great, and had some great lines. It was even a good pick for the plot since Dipper had wanted to prove he was a capable detective and he ends up taking on literature's most famous one. This show is an all-around treat and I look forward to seeing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh man, that fourth episode. Did anyone catch the Twin Peaks reference? The Club looking exactly like the red room? That almost made me jump. Great place to meet a little man.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Saw the idea floating around that there might be a conspiracy amongst the townfolk denoted by covering one eye. Stan makes a habit of wearing that eyepatch of his, Lazy Susan has one eye closed at all times, several of the stuffy old men in the Club (which was just the Twin Peaks Red Room) had monocles that blotted out one eye.

Considering the use of all-seeing-eye imagery with the eye on the pyramid, it could make sense.

• Locked thread