Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Suben posted:

Ganota no Onna

This manga rules I don't even care.

For those of you who don't know it's a gender-flipped Gundam office romance/comedy. Perhaps the best possible manga with those qualities too!

The heroine of course is Char as an office lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I read that knowing nothing about Gundam whatsoever, and I still enjoyed it. The expressions and things are really adorable, and the writing isn't bad either.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

ActionZero posted:

Oh come on man, you can't post that without this.

And you can't post that without the opening from the game and gameplay!

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Mo_Steel posted:

There are about a billion potential awesome shots from this manga, but I went with part of one of the early chapter pages because it distills the focus of the manga perfectly.

RRR aka Rock'n'Roll Ricky aka The Best Boxing Manga Ever. Even better? The series is completed so you can go marathon it right now.

Thanks for posting this, just got done marathoning it as suggested. Totally worth it.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrSunshine posted:

I read that knowing nothing about Gundam whatsoever, and I still enjoyed it. The expressions and things are really adorable, and the writing isn't bad either.

Yeah, just finished it. That ruled, and I wish it were longer, since the ending kind of had the feeling that it was cancelled suddenly.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

Yeah, just finished it. That ruled, and I wish it were longer, since the ending kind of had the feeling that it was cancelled suddenly.

It's not over yet! I think the scanlations are on chapter 210, but there's something like 230 chapters. So there's a little bit more. Chapter 206 marks the beginning of the 22nd volume. Since we haven't reached the end of volume 22 yet, there's 2 more volumes to go!

Hopefully it'll be tied off well enough by then. I'd have loved to see it a bit longer though.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Medaka Box

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
First, something classy. From Ode to Kirihito

(I whited out some spoilers.)

And then, maybe not so much. Welcome to the NHK.

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

Pretty sure everyone and their mother has read Devilman by now but if you haven't, do yourself a favor and read it.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Wow sure are a lot of naked folk in that, upon closer examination. And one act of fellatio.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DamnGlitch posted:

Wow sure are a lot of naked folk in that, upon closer examination. And one act of fellatio.

That's pretty tame for Devilman. And Go Nagai in general.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

To be fair most of my experience is second gen Go Nagai which is to say remakes of his projects by other people (re:cutie honey, getter robo, etc)

But I just thought it was funny.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

DamnGlitch posted:

And one act of fellatio.
She's laying on her back with her head on his lap turned away from him. That is not a position conducive to head.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

My first thought was "that looks odd" but indeed it looks like she is on her back with her face pointed straight down, not slightly turned towards us, which would still be bizarre but less anatomy defying. In either case it's a weird drawing.

jwu
Apr 7, 2007
what up,

For fans of horror manga, I recommend Fuan no Tane. I read it a couple years ago and stumbled upon it again. It's a collection of short stories that are apparently based off urban legends and such. Some of it's pretty hosed up. But it's a good read.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Pluto:

Kamen Rider Spirits:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Pluto was amazing and I wish it would get animated like Monster.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Apparently one of the producers for Monster, Master Keaton and Yawara said at Japan Expo that he wants to do an eight part, hour a piece Pluto OVA. Hopefully someone lets him.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Despite reading Monster and 20th Century Boys I hadn't touched this one yet. Chapter 1 is already more interesting than anything I've read in the last year. It would be nice if more (or any) authors did this kind of manga instead of Moe-chan x Shounen-Kun 41: ♥ Star Battler ♥.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Guyver posted:

Apparently one of the producers for Monster, Master Keaton and Yawara said at Japan Expo that he wants to do an eight part, hour a piece Pluto OVA. Hopefully someone lets him.

That would be goddamn amazing. Fingers crossed.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

FallenGod posted:

Despite reading Monster and 20th Century Boys I hadn't touched this one yet. Chapter 1 is already more interesting than anything I've read in the last year. It would be nice if more (or any) authors did this kind of manga instead of Moe-chan x Shounen-Kun 41: ♥ Star Battler ♥.

It's probably just my personal taste, but I found Pluto to be Urasawa's greatest work yet. You're in for a good read!

Guyver posted:

I wish this would come to pass :(

Grenadier
Oct 15, 2004

As long as these commoners keep coming, the mountain of corpses will keep growing!
My obligatory Inio Asano post, since I basically tried to do this to sell people on his crazy-assed stories anyway:

What A Wonderful World!

Solanin

Nijigahara Holograph

motherfucking Goodnight Punpun

Asano thread

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Fourteen

Getter Robo (Anthology)

Fist of the North Star

The colored version of FOTNS is loving amazing.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Zorak posted:

Fourteen

I prefer:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zorak posted:

It's probably just my personal taste, but I found Pluto to be Urasawa's greatest work yet. You're in for a good read!

I think its helped by the relative shortness of it compared to other Urasawa series. As much as I love them they can become overly complicated the longer they run. He does love his anti-proton bombs though

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

Sarcophallus posted:

Tower of God. The second manhwa! This is from the end of the 2nd chapter, chosen because it's probably the page that made me decide to keep reading.

Should I put this pic back in the OP?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dororo.

Gruntled
Jun 9, 2002
Since someone already did Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, I'm surprised no one's done Mizukami Satoshi's other manga,

Sengoku Yokou

Yeah, more than one image, but too awesome a moment to limit to just one page.

Gruntled fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 8, 2012

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Should I repost the Sengoku Youko thread I made back then? It seems like they're back to more regular (monthly) updates, and the old thread got archived. Though maybe it doesn't have enough activity to warrant its own thread.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

Should I repost the Sengoku Youko thread I made back then? It seems like they're back to more regular (monthly) updates, and the old thread got archived. Though maybe it doesn't have enough activity to warrant its own thread.

Just make it a Satoshi Mizukami thread.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I'd say go for it. Activity within the Seinen/Shounen megathreads aren't a great metric for interest, a lot of series get much more discussion when they get their own thread. Advance of the Giants and Tower of God come to mind as examples.

Well, don't do it right away. Wait for the next chapter.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Make it a Sengoku Youko + general Satoshi Mizukami appreciation thread maybe. Everyone should read The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer and I liked Psycho Staff a whole lot too.

He is also apparently a frog.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Cross-posting from the Korean Manhwa/Webcomic Megathread.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Well, it only took 131 chapters, but I finally understand why I like Id so much.

Because it has stuff like this in it, and it's completely serious. Okay, mostly serious.

And no I don't know if "fusion fantasy" means anything at all.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Cross-posting from the Korean Manhwa/Webcomic Megathread.

And no I don't know if "fusion fantasy" means anything at all.

What is that?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Id. But that page, while wonderful, is not really representative of most of the manwha. It is mostly about super moves.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Perigryn posted:

Kamen Rider Spirits:

That's nice but I don't think anything conveys the proper amount of awesome unabashed cheesyness of Kamen Rider Spirits better then this page:

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Breaky posted:

I was coming here to post this but with the firetruck running through the building killing a dude. Someone posted that in the last one of these and it got me to check the manga out immediately.

Also, this is the exact image I posted for Rookies in the last one of these threads we had a year or two ago. Glad to see it getting so much love! It's a pretty perfect page for the manga.

I enjoyed the manga so much I did have a thread up for it for a while, it died a quiet death but there were a few people following it for a bit.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Yakitate!! Japan

I wish this were one image, but the second doesn't make much sense without the first.

Berserk

Berserk's Peter Pan moment.

van fem fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 10, 2012

Agent Baal
May 28, 2006

my dixie wrecked
I had a hard time finding one image to sell Suicide Island so I had to settle for two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

SirDan3k posted:

That's nice but I don't think anything conveys the proper amount of awesome unabashed cheesyness of Kamen Rider Spirits better then this page:

Pretty much every chapter, especially the ones introducing each Rider, has some kind of awesome moment that should be enough to convince people.

Kamen Rider Spirits is basically the phrase "Hell yeah!" in comic form.

• Locked thread