Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008
Reich, you live in Portland, right? I might have one or two cameras cameras that would work for you. I could just meet up and give them to you in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008

Dudebro posted:

I need a circular polarizing filter for my Canon EF-S 10-22mm lens. Do I need to get a slim version? I bought the lens used and the seller included a Tama Ultra-Slim 77mm UV filter. Which brand or specific one should I get?

Also, I may want a neutral density gradient filter as well. Recommendations?

Thanks for any advice.

I just picked up one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Marumi-Super-Circular-Polarizer-Filter/dp/B003QSG0HK

but in a 67mm version for my Tamron 17-50. It's pretty slim, so it shouldn't vignette very much.

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008

Dudebro posted:

Good reviews for this one, but "it shouldn't vignette very much" isn't very reassuring. I do have a 1.6x crop camera, so maybe that helps too.

I haven't used it on an ultra wide, so I can't tell you how much or little it vignettes. What I was trying to convey in that post is that the marumi is a slim filter, and slim filters vignette less.

Also, I am happy with my purchase but I wish I use a cpl AND a lens hood

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008
So during my trip to Europe I gave my camera to my friend for a couple shots and apparently he manhandled my tamron 17-50 so much that now the zoom ring sticks and I hear a clicking sound when i zoom from 17-24mm. Moreover, the zoom ring sticks in different places and i'm afraid to use it for fears of damaging my lens any more.

Has anyone had any experience with sending their lenses to tamron for repair, and how expensive was it? My equipment is insured, but I have a $100 deductible and I dont know if it would be worth it to file a claim and spend $100 when I could get it repaired for $150. Any advice?

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008
I've had really great results with the Marumi CPL. It has great reviews and it's pretty inexpensive to boot.

http://www.amazon.com/Marumi-67mm-Super-Filter-Japan/dp/B003QSG6SS