Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Yeah that's the thing I was talking about in the 3rd game that is arguably overpowered but not terribly abusable until late game/post-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
Ah, right. I always tried to build to get it ASAP because it's hilariously useful, but as you say it does require you to be a fair bit into the game.

Anyway, anyone want to make a last minute vote for another guild name and throw everything into chaos, or should I get started?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
It's pretty drat useful even before you get the subclasses; Dark Ether is really drat good. I went into the fourth stratum boss blind (got confused looking at the map) and realized almost my entire party was out of mana. Won anyway with my two Zodiacs (neither Ninjas) spamming Dark Ether and my front row just using nothing but their most expensive skills.

Good times.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

goldjas posted:

Medics are actually straight up overpowered in this game. They have a skill (that was removed from the 2nd and 3rd games for obvious balance reasons) that at max level gives you entire team I believe something like 50 or 60% resistance to...everything (I think it was called Immunize?). The protector has a similiar skill, called Protect or something, that at max level gives around 20-30% resistance to everything. Stacking these 2 buffs on your team the only things that can hurt you are the final boss and the optional bosses.

The idea is that Immunize works on elemental damage (and actually it blocks like 90% at max level), while Protect works on physical damage, hence why you'd combine the two.

...except, of course, that in great D&D tradition every single physical attack in the game is either Slashing, Piercing, or Bludgeoning, which all qualify as "elements", so if Immunize is up then Protect literally does nothing but waste a buff slot, since it doesn't block magic and reducing a physical attack from 10% to 5% is completely worthless.

Really, the sad truth is that Protectors are kinda not very good. They're not that much better at taking hits than a Landsknecht, their passives are either terrible (ten+ skill points for a 10% chance to survive at 1 HP? why?) or outclassed, and their focus on defense means every class short of Troubadour has better ways of attacking than them.

Oh, unless as said you're going after the optional bosses, in which case you need one at like level 30 so they can get Ice/Fire/Volt Resist Lv. 5. Other than that, they don't do much beyond being a warm body in the party.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Nick Buntline posted:

The idea is that Immunize works on elemental damage (and actually it blocks like 90% at max level), while Protect works on physical damage, hence why you'd combine the two.

...except, of course, that in great D&D tradition every single physical attack in the game is either Slashing, Piercing, or Bludgeoning, which all qualify as "elements", so if Immunize is up then Protect literally does nothing but waste a buff slot, since it doesn't block magic and reducing a physical attack from 10% to 5% is completely worthless.

Really, the sad truth is that Protectors are kinda not very good. They're not that much better at taking hits than a Landsknecht, their passives are either terrible (ten+ skill points for a 10% chance to survive at 1 HP? why?) or outclassed, and their focus on defense means every class short of Troubadour has better ways of attacking than them.

Oh, unless as said you're going after the optional bosses, in which case you need one at like level 30 so they can get Ice/Fire/Volt Resist Lv. 5. Other than that, they don't do much beyond being a warm body in the party.

Eh, I like protectors for things like En Garde + Provoke. Or Provoke + Parry. Overall, they're not the best class in all situations, but can really save you in some.

e. I don't really mind a bit of talking about skills, they're not super-spoilery... I think? If anyone really minds, again, feel free to tell me I'm wrong and need to demand everyone stop talking about them, and do so myself, until they come up.

Double e. If the constant extra U's being shoved into words didn't give it away, I'm British - as a result, characters might wind up using some English colloquialisms, though I'll try not to do that too much. Especially for Dietrich, I'm pretty sure a German Brit would explode in a torrent of self loathing.

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 22, 2012

cabman567
Aug 15, 2010
Name: Lewis
Class: Protector
Backstory: Lewis is an experienced adventurer who was fired from a guild a while back. He rested up for a bit, living off the money he had made with his previous job. The Guild Hall's gotten tired of him lounging around and are giving him to any guild that'll take him.
Portrait: 3rd one

Don't need more'n one Protector anyway.

cabman567 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 23, 2012

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

100percentjesusfree posted:

Eh, I like protectors for things like En Garde + Provoke. Or Provoke + Parry. Overall, they're not the best class in all situations, but can really save you in some.

e. I don't really mind a bit of talking about skills, they're not super-spoilery... I think? If anyone really minds, again, feel free to tell me I'm wrong and need to demand everyone stop talking about them, and do so myself, until they come up.

Double e. If the constant extra U's being shoved into words didn't give it away, I'm British - as a result, characters might wind up using some English colloquialisms, though I'll try not to do that too much. Especially for Dietrich, I'm pretty sure a German Brit would explode in a torrent of self loathing.

On this tack: How are you going to handle Ronin and Hexers since they don't start out unlocked in this one? Just having a vote to see if the audience wants one/both of the classes in the party when the time comes, or is it going to be a "This is what you could have had?" bonus update?

Yeah, I know this is a bit down the line when we haven't started floor 1 yet, but I've always really liked Ronin even if they are wet paper bags defensively.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Death Dealer posted:

On this tack: How are you going to handle Ronin and Hexers since they don't start out unlocked in this one? Just having a vote to see if the audience wants one/both of the classes in the party when the time comes, or is it going to be a "This is what you could have had?" bonus update?

Yeah, I know this is a bit down the line when we haven't started floor 1 yet, but I've always really liked Ronin even if they are wet paper bags defensively.

A good question, and I'm not 100% sure, honestly. I'll probably ask for people to make a ronin/hexer when they become available, so I can try them out and demonstrate what they do. I do also plan on demonstrating the classes that the main party isn't using in general, really - maybe make a side party with a dark hunter, survivalist, ronin, hexer and medic then lose all will to live.

I've... actually not used ronins much, or hexers at all, from what I remember, so seeing them in action will be pretty new to me, too... which does bring something to mind.

Anyone who has experience with this game and wants to give advice in general for builds/things I could do better? Please, please do, I'm not exactly a master of Etrian Odyssey, so any and all advice is appreciated.

E. I've gone with guild Runaway in the end, and am now getting screenshots and such for the update. Not sure how long it'll take - it's 1:20 AM here, and while I'd LIKE to get it done tonight, I make no promises. :v:

Surprise double edit.

Cabman's suggestion raises an interesting point - what should I do if multiple people want to use the same profile picture? It'll get rather confusing if I have multiple talking heads who all have the same... well, head.

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 22, 2012

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

Cabman's suggestion raises an interesting point - what should I do if multiple people want to use the same profile picture? It'll get rather confusing if I have multiple talking heads who all have the same... well, head.

Flip a coin to see who gets the portrait? Otherwise, you could always do something to differentiate between the same choices.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
Update 2 - Red Tape

Italicized text is still mine. Non-italicized NPC text is from the game, italicized is added/altered by me, and I'm leaving the party dialogue un-italicized, but you can safely guess it's all made up. In the default game, you play a party of mutes.

Also, the protector in this is Hector - I'm still not sure what I'm going to do regarding Cabman's suggestion which uses the same portrait, hmm.

"Feels like you can't do anything in this drat town without being in a guild... the hell's up with that, anyway? Put out the call for adventurers, then when one turns up, you tell 'em they can't do they adventure they came for 'less they're working with a bunch of other people... ugh.

Guess there's just one thing for it if I want to actually get anything done here."

For the sake of not making people read the same thing twice, I'm just going to summarize the guild master's speech.

"Hmm... haven't seen you around before. You here to take on the labyrinth? Not many guilds are taking on newbies... you might want to make one yourself, let some new people in. You'll be sure to get a bunch of recruits, then."

"I don't really have much choice, if I'm going to do anything other than waste my time here, do I? Now, let's see... ah! I'll name the guild after what all our foes will be doing before long..."

"drat right. Now to head off to the Labyrinth."

"It's up to you how many people you want to take down to the Labyrinth... But take my advice: It'll get dangerous if you have fewer than five."

This man knows what he's talking about.

"Do what you want, though. I'm not gonna force you."

"Bah. I'll be fine."

"Well, if you want to get into the Labyrinth, you'll need the Radha's permission first. No permission, no entry, no exceptions."

:argh:

"I assume, newcomers, that you are en route to investigate the forest. However, we don't recognise just anyone who manages to throw together a guild."

:argh: :argh:

"If you wish to become licensed adventurers, first complete the mission we give you."

"...Not sure why I need to show I'm a decent cartogropher before I'm allowed to explore, but whatever. At least I can get in the drat place now."

"Your mission is to create a map of the 1st floor of the Labyrinth as an initiation. Those who cannot accomplish this elementary task are better off staying out of the forest. Explore the 1st floor and map everything you see there. This method will be useful later. Here is a small map to start you off; fill in the rest of the details as best you can."

Just showing that we finally have a map, now. Filling this in is going to be something we'll be doing all the way through the game.

"Finally."

"Time to show this place who's boss."

I know this is short, but I'm not done for tonight I'll be updating again fairly soon, I think - this just seemed like a good cliffhanger-ish place to pause and ask how the writing's looking so far, to get some idea of how viable this style is. (And no, I haven't forgotten the other characters, promise!)

Also, how do the mugshots look?

Also yeah sorry about changing my mind about updating again tonight, it's getting late here and I'd rather not post something crap just because I'm tired :v:

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 22, 2012

theshim
May 1, 2012

Hector's mugshot looks...squashed? Maybe grab it from the stats screen?

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

theshim posted:

Hector's mugshot looks...squashed? Maybe grab it from the stats screen?

It does a bit, yeah. That is where I grabbed it from, then after resizing so it's not enormous, it looks... well, like that. I'll keep fiddling and see if I can get one that doesn't look like rear end.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Dialogue is fine, the mugshot is a bit off as has been noted, but overall this is off to a great start.

Edit: How dare you not really forget about the other valuable members!

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
After a brief internet search, found a pretty good image that I cropped into a mugshot, that look any better?

And thanks, Death Dealer!

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012
Oh man, this game. Good luck. Glad to see you're starting from the beginning, with the game that hates you the most in the series.
Am I the only one here who went on to also play The Dark Spire after being introduced to this series?

theshim
May 1, 2012

That is significantly better!

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
Update 3 - Meet & Greet

"Hmph... the vermin down here are pretty bold. Doesn't matter - maybe it's not the most glorious fight, but I have to start somewhere."

:what:

It's been mentioned in the thread a few times, but yeah. This game really does not like you - apparently, an armed and armoured grown man is no match for two rats and some bugs.

"O...One down..."

:gibs:

Yeah, I think anyone who's played the game could see this outcome coming.

And there it is - the screen I'm probably going to be spending waaay too much time staring at. Especially if I keep doing stupid poo poo for the sake of trying to make an interesting narrative. :v:

"Huh? Where-"

"We also offer medicines to take with you. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! If you're wounded in the forest, then come back here, and we'll do everything we can for you."

"How did I-"

"Your guild-mates brought you here - they said they'd be waiting for you back at the guild hall."

:confused: "Uh... thanks, then."

"Wondered if you'd be coming back. Running off on your own like that is a sure way to get yourself killed, and I'm not in this business to send newbies off to die.

I rounded up a couple of people I knew were looking for work, and got 'em to sign up to your guild - you're welcome, by the way. Here they come now."

"Oh, you made it! I did what I could, but you were a real mess... good to see that the guy they've got here could put you back in one piece after all that! It was pretty brave, charging off into the labyrinth by yourself - not really the smartest idea, but still pretty brave!"

"Ah, but is that not what makes him suitable to be our leader? After all,courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other."

"...Uh, what?"

"Ignore Keyser, he's always like that. I'm Jill, and you're Hector, right? Founder of the Runaway guild? It'd be pretty embarrassing if we rescued the wrong guy..."

"Yeah. Thanks for that, by the way."

"No worries! 'Sides, you're the only guild master taking on new people, so if you died and the guild disbanded, we'd be out of luck. You still wanna go back into the Labyrinth after all that?"

"Of course. Let's go!"

"Wait, we probably ought to pick up the other guys who signed up, first, right? Dietrich, at least! He's probably still at the pub... I'm not sure where Alvis has gone, he should be around here somew-"

"'Sup, I heard my name! Are we leaving, now? Can't wait to get started - I'll finally get some live subjects to try my stuff out on! Well, live for a little while, anyway."

"Nearly! We're going to the pub to pick up Dietrich first, come on!"

"...What have I gotten myself into? It's a good thing we're going to the pub, I could use a drink. Or twelve."

I'll probably be cutting down on party chatter a little after this update, it's just... well, introducing everyone and such. :v: Sorry if it's kind of wordy. Of course, if the text is adding nothing, do say. I'm happy to just do this as a less narrative LP, too.

"You new in town? If you're going down in the Labyrinth, you should visit the Radha first."

"I did. :confused:"

"Every adventurer's got to go through Radha Hall before they're officially recognized. Sorry, hon, but my hands are tied. I can't give you any work until then."

:argh:

"Once you're legit, come and see me again, all right? I'll be looking forwards to it."

"Hey, Dietrich! Done drinking?"

"Just about. S'that our glorious leader? Don't recognise you all tha well, last time I saw you, you were more like a man-sized mass of bite marks. The hell did that to you?"

"I'd... really rather not talk about it."

"A'ight, whatever. Let's get some gear and get this show on the road, we're not being paid to sit around."

In retrospect, buying some gear would've probably been a good idea.

"Are you t'guild I hear 'bout wit' only new folk? Explorers like you are my best customers! I look forward t'doing business witcha!"

"Hm... not all that much choice, yet. Alright, whatever, I'll take a sword, these... gauntlets and a shield."

"'Nother sword and set of gloves here."

"I could go for a sandwich!"

"Sorry. No can do."

"Aww... alright, I'll just grab some boots."

"I have the power of science and lightning at my fingertips! Nothing you have can compare to that!"

"...That's... that's great."

"....... Now flames, the blazing fire, must devour the lord of warriors who often endured the iron tipped arrow shower, when the dark cloud loosed by bow strings broke above the shield wall, quivering; when the eager shaft, with its feather garb, discharged its duty to the barb."

:confused:

"I think he's saying he wants a bow."

"I can already tell this is going to be just fantastic."

"As fantastic as charging in by yourself?"

"...Shut it."

This is the state we're all in - I also picked up a couple of healing herbs at the Apothecary. In any case, we're finally about ready to actually do something - it doesn't actually take this long in game to get a party together, and I'll probably cover larger swathes of gameplay with each update from now on, this was mostly just showing off the town and introducing the characters.

It's also an update that probably won't be missed all that much if we decide not to go with the more narrative route after all, similarly to the first, so I'll ask once more (then stop asking after every post, or try to at least) - how's this looking? Is the dialogue interesting enough to keep, or should I scrap it? Scrapping it would probably lead to faster updates, especially with me not having to look up literary references, but at the same time, I want to keep things interesting, and if people are enjoying it this way, I'm happy to keep going!

Also! How do those who made characters feel about the way I'm handling them?

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 23, 2012

cabman567
Aug 15, 2010
Well, now that I think about it, just get rid of my guy. You don't really need more than 1 protector anyway. So which people have you picked up and what classes are they?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

D-director Hoffman? What are you doing outside of Trauma Center? (a doctor/surgeon-simulation Atlus game)

Ha ha yeah, the ressemblance is undeniable. That is pretty cool.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

cabman567 posted:

Well, now that I think about it, just get rid of my guy. You don't really need more than 1 protector anyway. So which people have you picked up and what classes are they?

That... would've probably been a good thing to write, yeah. I figured people would realise from including names in the updates, but I'll probably just specify here and in the second post. :v:

Slaan's character Jill is our team medic, hater of zombies, and resident evil reference (or so I assumed), so she's in luck that, as far as I know, there are no zombies in this game.

Libluini's character Dietrich is our time-travelling drunken Landsknecht who, for some reason, currently has lower attack power (very slightly) than the protector. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Lotish's character Hector is our gung-ho protector, who founded a guild, then proceeded to nearly get himself killed by being a bit too gung-ho.

Death Dealer's character Alvis is the lightning-obsessed party alchemist, who will also be picking up some poison skills because it's simply fantastic early in the game. If this was a reference to something, it went over my head. (as did any references beyond Jill, honestly. :v:)

Lazy Programming's character Keyser is the party troubadour, who specialises in making my life miserable due to having to try to think of how to make his speech either poetic, quoting something, or using some form of literary technique. :v:

e. haha, holy crap you're not kidding about the resemblance.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Well, like all wizards Alchemists, my guy comes off like a jackass and a half.

I approve. :v:

Everything is looking great, and the dialogue isn't detracting from anything or drawing people out of the update (at least in my case, I can't exactly speak for others). Plus even though it takes longer to put the updates out, it'll help when we get deeper into the game and the in-game dialogue becomes even more sparse than it already is. I imagine it'll help keep away reader fatigue too, in a way since some people might be intimidated by things if it were just a wall of "So I went to Floor 6 and killed a Wild Boar, he dropped some Beef Jerky. I'm really not sure why. Whatever."

Not that the thread would become that sans dialogue, but I almost feel like spicing things up would be considerably rougher without the path we've chosen now.

Edit: Also, my guy isn't really a direct reference to anything no. I just went Fire/Ice in my EO1 run, and the idea of Electro-maniac instead of a Pyro amuses me. Plus poison is great. Seriously. No sense in punishing you harder than need be.

The Director Hoffman thing is intentional, as is the resemblance to EO2's Doctor to a certain other Atlus Doctor. I'll leave it at that until we get to that point.

Death Dealer fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 23, 2012

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

HelloWinter posted:

D-director Hoffman? What are you doing outside of Trauma Center? (a doctor/surgeon-simulation Atlus game.

Trauma Center cameos running the local hospital is kind of a thing with the Etrian Odyssey series.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Dr Pepper posted:

Trauma Center cameos running the local hospital is kind of a thing with the Etrian Odyssey series.
Oh? Shame on me, then. I haven't been able to get ahold of any Etrian Odyssey games so this LP is my first glimpse of the game. :blush:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nah it's OK.

It's not the only reference either, Medic's learn a skill called Healing Touch.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Dr Pepper posted:

Nah it's OK.

It's not the only reference either, Medic's learn a skill called Healing Touch.
That is truly badass, I like this game already.

Good work on the LP by the way, 100%jesusfree. I love the extra commentary.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

HelloWinter posted:

Oh, you like it now. Just wait until the real game starts.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

HelloWinter posted:

That they do! It's not the most useful skill, but it can come in handy if you need to conserve TP. And thank you - hearing that people are enjoying this makes me smile.

Baron Von Baragon
Apr 7, 2012

Your fists of evil are about to meet my steel wall of niceness.
I was a bit confused when I saw the character "Alvis" being a lightning-based magician, as I thought it was a reference to the MAR character "Alviss". The character I was thinking of was actually Nanashi from the same series, who bares a slight resemblance to the portrait chosen for Alvis.

Oddly enough he also specializes in lightning.

Huh.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
Is this LP going to rave about the music a lot? I don't see any links or anything, but I know the third game's soundtrack is absolutely fantastic and I know there are official arrangement albums and stuff.

Or maybe I'm just looking at the series from the perspective of someone who only got the third game because of the first battle theme.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Abitha Denton posted:

Is this LP going to rave about the music a lot? I don't see any links or anything, but I know the third game's soundtrack is absolutely fantastic and I know there are official arrangement albums and stuff.

Or maybe I'm just looking at the series from the perspective of someone who only got the third game because of the first battle theme.

I wasn't planning on raving about it, but if people would like, I could include links to songs when they're relevant?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
The third game has absolutely fantastic music but 1 and 2 most certainly aren't bad - this series has really awesome atmospheric area music(almost like a metroidy your all alone vs. this mysterious world vibe I guess?) and good boss themes in general.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I like what you've got going, so I say keep it up for as long as you're comfortable. My wife offers her approvals as well. Honestly, I acted out your last update for her benefit because it amused me, and she was amused in turn.

e: If you're curious, my Hector reference was to Fire Emblem 7 - the Blazing Sword, while Alvis is an NPC from Fire Emblem 4 - Legend of the Holy War (though that guy used fire more than lightning).

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 23, 2012

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Dawwwww, look at Jill. She just wants to help so eagerly. :3:

And yes, it was a Resident Evil reference. I've been reading Dark Id's RE Zero LP in the archive. :v:

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
You have my support
Forced to use a gimmick
It will be okay.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 23, 2012

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

The grand irony about Alvis is that he wasn't a direct reference to anything when I wrote him up, though I am aware of the FE4 one. Still, I find it amusing that he still ended up resembling something anyway.

I do have a question though regarding something that will come up later on: (minor spoilers) How are you going to handle the items/materials that only drop when you use certain elements on a creature? Could be a useful thing to have the extra protector around for since a 2nd alchemist would certainly need protection. Though with a troubadour in the main party this might be less of an issue than I'm thinking if the elemental enchants count for that trigger.

I'd have just asked in PMs, but well, I don't have them and it's not going to mean much to anyone that mouses over not having played the game.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Death Dealer posted:

The grand irony about Alvis is that he wasn't a direct reference to anything when I wrote him up, though I am aware of the FE4 one. Still, I find it amusing that he still ended up resembling something anyway.

I do have a question though regarding something that will come up later on: (minor spoilers) How are you going to handle the items/materials that only drop when you use certain elements on a creature? Could be a useful thing to have the extra protector around for since a 2nd alchemist would certainly need protection. Though with a troubadour in the main party this might be less of an issue than I'm thinking if the elemental enchants count for that trigger.

I'd have just asked in PMs, but well, I don't have them and it's not going to mean much to anyone that mouses over not having played the game.

Not 100% sure, honestly. It might be the case that I just don't get them 'til later, when I have a second alchemist leveled to the point that I can use them - or I could just build Dietrich to be able to use use elemental attacks. Or the troubadour to use one of his 'make a party member's attacks X element' buffs... there are a few ways I can handle it, really.

e. And thanks again, everyone! It makes my day to know people are enjoying what I'm doing, so I'll stick with it! (And also probably stop asking if I'm doing everything wrong after every update, that's probably a bad habit. :v:)

Also, I noticed I'd kind of made Hector's mugshot slightly bigger than everyone else - while there's probably a joke about him having a big head in there somewhere, would people prefer if I just leave it, inflate the other mugshots to match his, or deflate his to match theirs?

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 23, 2012

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Also, I noticed I'd kind of made Hector's mugshot slightly bigger than everyone else - while there's probably a joke about him having a big head in there somewhere, would people prefer if I just leave it, inflate the other mugshots to match his, or deflate his to match theirs?

Considering what Hector thought of himself and his fighting ability in FE7, I'd say it's justified. Speaking of though, I've got someone for a B-team of sorts, if you still want to take characters.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!

Artix74 posted:

Considering what Hector thought of himself and his fighting ability in FE7, I'd say it's justified. Speaking of though, I've got someone for a B-team of sorts, if you still want to take characters.

Certainly! I think you can have up to 16 characters overall, and there are currently 6. I'll be doing the survivalist 'exploit' so that the early game isn't utterly terrible (Which I will show off in a little bit), which would bring the total down to 11, though I could always just delete the survivalists once their job is done, if this winds up popular enough that I run out of character slots.

Who knows, I'm kind of playing this by ear... anyway, this is a long winded way of saying 'sure, please, go ahead!'

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Also! How do those who made characters feel about the way I'm handling them?[/i]

You are doing fine. I'm satisfied just following the narrative to find out what happens to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I just jumped to the updates so far, so when I saw the name Alvis, I thought it was a reference to St. Alivs from an episode of Sealab 2021. He was a Jesus like figure in his own religion that was primarily about drinking and firearms. The best quote in that episode was from Alvis himself. "Now drink with me deeply of the bourbon, scotch, and rye until such time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find, and beat the asses of, the nonbelievers who ruined my feast."

So imagine my confusion when I'm reading the second update and Alvis wasn't the one in the bar.

• Locked thread