Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

100percentjesusfree posted:

protectors are also really important

From what I remember, they're not just "really important" for certain fights you can only win if you use a protector. Pretty sure that just applies to specific optional bosses at least, rather than anything in the main game. Still, if you don't use one that's kinda silly so use a Protector, dammit.

I'd also recommend making 5 survivalists to form a secondary party so as to take advantage of their ability to harvest everything just in case you really need it.

As for the map drawing thing, I don't remember if it applies to the first one or not (I've mainly played #2; still haven't finished #3) but, whenever you step on an unmarked square it'll autofill that spot in. It won't include walls, harvest points or events but at least you can't outright screw yourself over without actively trying and it's useful for certain sections. Plus, given how the map drawing here is still pretty basic (can't see where parts connect between sections when you're drawing, for example) that's really useful for making sure you don't gently caress up.

Or anyone playing for their own sake could just do the smart thing and copy maps off of GameFAQs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I quite like that length; not too long as to be a chore to read through, but not too short as to seem... quickly thrown together and lacking in substance.

As for the quests? Having started again on this one recently (I blame this thread! :argh:), I can now safely say you'd be better off leaving the axe quest until the 4th floor; I, personally, found it the more convenient place for the shells at least. That's the only floor where both the Clawbug AND Clawflys appear, so you have 2 things to fight for it which makes it so much easier. Also, Pyroxene does only turn up via Mining. The 4th floor is the first mining spot, and it's a pretty common find there. Useful since selling one gets you a fairly nice accessory too.

Oh and because I'm using a Dark Hunter, I'll just say that you can get a fairly decent whip on the first floor. 5 small fangs and 5 soft hides; both of which drop from the rats pretty freely.

Not wholly sure if either of those need to be tagged, but just in case.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 27, 2012

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

goldjas posted:

Edit for above: Wow really, Fenrir doesn't drop an ultimate weapon unlock? Im pretty sure the first boss in 2 and 3 did.

I don't remember 3's offhand, but the first boss in 2 doesn't give you an ultimate either. It gives you an endgame weapon, yeah, but I'm pretty sure it gets outclassed eventually.

E; yeah, just checked to make sure and whilst it does give you an insanely good bow that could easily carry you through most of the game you can realistically get two better ones later.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 17, 2012

• Locked thread