Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

100percentjesusfree posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! Just need a troubadour now, and the thread to agree on a guild name they like, I can get started on an update. (And don't worry, theShim, please do still make an alchemist you'd like to see, I plan on including as many characters as I can one way or another!)

Also, I edited the first post to reflect this, but bear in mind that there's an 8 character limit for names and guilds.

Name: Keyser
Class: Troubadour
Backstory: Every thing he says is either a poem, a reference to literature, or in iambic pentameter.
Portrait: 3

Have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Artix74 posted:

You missed the opportunity to call him Bastian. :v:

Wikipedia posted:

Linguists Morris Halle and Samuel Jay Keyser developed a set of rules (English Stress: Its Forms, Its Growth, and Its Role in Verse, Harper and Row, 1971) which correspond with those variations which are permissible in English iambic pentameter.
I felt like going with something like Chaucer was too heavy.

100percentjesusfree posted:

On a more serious note, as much as I like this idea, I'm not sure how well I could pull that off, realistically. I'm terrible with poetry aside from ridiculously stupid limericks, not so hot on literature, and don't know if I could pull of iambic pentameter. Hmm.
I'm willing to expand it to historical references and any linguistic trick, so long as you cite the more obscure ones and mix it up often.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 21, 2012

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
You have my support
Forced to use a gimmick
It will be okay.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 23, 2012

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
It is time for Keyser's moment of glory, and that moment should last the entire rest of the lp. He is the inspiration for victory.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Trivialize the fights however you want, we're all only reading this for Keyser's banter.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Three whole speaking parts for Keyser, well isn't he being chatty. You're getting better with your writing, 20 updates from now we'll be reading poetry that rivals Dante written out of pure spite.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Don't worry, we're all willing to wait as long as you need for Keyser, who I assume is the crowd favorite.

Don't worry too much about the OP, if you want to fix it up fine, if :effort:'s icy grasp has a hold over you, that's fine too.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
When Keyser can come back, they cheer all night
There is no rush, we all have time; so hard.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
You know what helps recover from exams? Writing poetry and literature references, bring back Keyser, the people demand the return of his terrible gimmick.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
A misquote is fine
it is still a reference
but I am watching.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 21, 2013

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Keyser, Hector, and whoever's fanfic character that votes for my fanfic character

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Don't worry, I'm a something awful community rule lawyer, so long as we say it was all ironically, we're in the clear. Otherwise:

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
3 whole speaking parts again :neckbeard: oh and the game and stuff good work. If you are ever stuck on Keyser, just remember he is pretty much just a fantasy PYF poster.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Keyser solo run

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
I just want you to know, I wasn't aware of that quest.

Love, me.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Drop Jill, bring Mushasi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Keyser, Farmbot1, Farmbot4 also I vote the hexer is best buds with Keyser and they go on adventures and...

• Locked thread