Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

D-director Hoffman? What are you doing outside of Trauma Center? (a doctor/surgeon-simulation Atlus game)

Ha ha yeah, the ressemblance is undeniable. That is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Dr Pepper posted:

Trauma Center cameos running the local hospital is kind of a thing with the Etrian Odyssey series.
Oh? Shame on me, then. I haven't been able to get ahold of any Etrian Odyssey games so this LP is my first glimpse of the game. :blush:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Dr Pepper posted:

Nah it's OK.

It's not the only reference either, Medic's learn a skill called Healing Touch.
That is truly badass, I like this game already.

Good work on the LP by the way, 100%jesusfree. I love the extra commentary.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My word! The anatomy and proportions in this game are hilarious.

Look at his itty bitty torso! And his head!
Yeah, it's odd that they've kept the 'anime girl' body proportions and stuck a 20-30 yr old guy's head on most of the male portraits, and yet all women portraits have really young-looking faces. Probably because of the bulging eyeballs.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Thanks to the bonus update, I now know about the infamous Survivalist Exploitation tactic that everyone was talking about! I've picked up a copy of the game yesterday and I plan to follow my playthrough along with your LP. It's fun so far, but cripes, it's definitely an Atlus game.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

100percentjesusfree posted:

e. Also, would people, especially those playing along at home, like it if I post the 'recipes' for stuff we unlock when we unlock it?
That would be a really nice addition (heck, it would help me a lot through my first play through), but it's only if you feel up to it!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Aw man!! This LP is so entertaining with all of those insane FOE's running around. The extra characterization adds so much charm, too.

It's safe to say that I'll be listening to the FOE!FOE!FOE! theme song whenever we encounter another FOE.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

You guys are insane. (in a good way)

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

For someone like me who hasn't played through any of the three games yet, I don't risk clicking on any links to music to spoil myself on future areas. It'd be appreciative if people didn't write the song's title as the Url link name though. :shobon:

Aww, I hope that you'll be able to sleep normally again, 100%jesusfree! Do a little at a time every day-ish for your updates. Don't try to do it all at once, it'll only make you more tired!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Aw man!! I was beginning to miss this LP for its snarky and wonderful characterization. :allears: I love this game and this LP so much. It's great that FOE's don't pose too much of a lethal threat anymore and that more than 1 member are able to survive the onslaught.

I've been working on and off on two fanarts for this LP. I hope I can finish them soon enough (like... before this LP ends, realistically.)

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Also, those are beautiful, Hellowinter, thank you so much! Mind if I put those in the second post and start a fanart section in it?
Hey man, I'd be totally honoured! These are only Work In Progress thumbnails though, they don't show the whole picture. :ssh: I was meant to have them finished weeks ago but stuff came up. I'll draw up and post the finished illustrations eventually...!

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 24, 2012

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

What these guys have said. Fire is fuuuun~.

How many characters are you planning on making, 100%jesusfree? I keep adding and adding some more, I might make a wallpaper out of it later, or maybe I'll do two different wallpaper-sized drawings. Your choice, bro!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Where is Hectors TINY torso?
MY needs for strange proportions must be fulfilled :colbert:
I'll make it extra tiny, just for you. :)

But seriously, the large shoulder armour pad things already make Hector's torso practically invisible to the naked eye.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Aw shucks! Thanks guys...! I'm working on it little by little, but I'm making sure to put some good effort on it.

PoliteMachineGun posted:

HelloWinter you are an art god and a beautiful product of modern society and I really hope you are compiling and posting WIPs/tutorials somewhere. Please.
Ah ha ha, what!? Heck no! :blush:
I've got a ton of Work In Progress shots from digital painting commissions and old tutorials and the like, but they are way too anime for my liking. I would show them otherwise...

I really love that in-depth of each character class!! It's typed up neatly and the layout is really easy to follow. I have no sense of strategy in strategy-based games, nor do I have the patience for it, but I've still found it to be a good read! Can't wait for more!!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

A jungle!? :stare: I wasn't expecting that kind of sudden environment changes!

Great job with defeating the boss! I'd echo theshim by saying that you shouldn't literally stall on your tactics just for our sakes. This game seems to be unforgiving. :ohdear: But then again, you seem like you really know what you're doing from all of your updates so far, so... who am I to judge on what you can or can't do?

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 17, 2012

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

I feel really bad that I don't play through the Etrian Oddysey series quickly enough to catch up with everyones' technical talks between 1, 2 and 3. I wish I was better at this game, 100%JF makes it look so darn easy. :(

Can't wait for the newest update, man! Thanks again for making this LP, the characterization and constant bickering between the characters is so bloody good. The LP would never be the same without it. :allears:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Just chiming in to warn that the next update might just take a little while - university's resumed, and I've got some work that may wind up taking a big chunk of the weekend.

It's not helped by the fact that I'm working on a side mission in the game that, while it takes ages to complete, doesn't really leave all that many interesting opportunities for screenshotting. :v:

Still, I'm absolutely not abandoning this or anything! (Also, still interested to hear some thoughts on whether or not I should get rid of 3 farmbots or just keep things as is. Basically depends on how many more people want to make characters.)
Hey, no worries. University courses should be your first priority above all else.

On getting rid of the farmbots... Maybe you can get rid one at a time so that it doesn't get overwhelming? I have no idea if you still heavily use these three farmbots, but having new characters would be really, really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

I love that it somewhat fits his username. :allears:

• Locked thread