Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

chippy posted:

This is all stuff that 5 minutes testing with a pad should have turned up.

If it happens on every system. It doesn't (I don't get any of those problems).

Failing to save progress is bad - I wonder if it's linked to deleting your save in game (as doing that seems to fail to get rid of the old files properly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

From what I recall, Nicalis doesn't have a great track record with programming, so a lot of this should not be at all surprising.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

There's another, much more active, topic for the new game.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677970

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It doesn't (I don't get any of those problems).

On a wireless 360 pad, with standard drivers? So the back button opens the map for you and doesn't toggle full screen? Starting a game with A doesn't flip the difficulty just as it starts? Pressing B when you're on the options screen with either the music or sound volume setting highlighted backs out of the setting screen, and doesn't turn up the selected volume?

I'm genuinely curious, because if that's the case, I'd love to know the difference between your setup and mine that makes it behave differently. It's not like it's some obscure special snowflake configuration. I did remap a couple of the controller buttons, I wonder if that could have caused it somehow.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

chippy posted:

On a wireless 360 pad, with standard drivers? So the back button opens the map for you and doesn't toggle full screen? Starting a game with A doesn't flip the difficulty just as it starts? Pressing B when you're on the options screen with either the music or sound volume setting highlighted backs out of the setting screen, and doesn't turn up the selected volume?

I'm genuinely curious, because if that's the case, I'd love to know the difference between your setup and mine that makes it behave differently. It's not like it's some obscure special snowflake configuration. I did remap a couple of the controller buttons, I wonder if that could have caused it somehow.

None of that happens on my wired 360 pad. I remapped some buttons as well, to match the scheme I had on OG Isaac.

Do you have anything else running (Xpadder etc.) that might be altering the inputs? Could you be getting some wireless interference?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

birdlaw posted:

None of that happens on my wired 360 pad

Likewise

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

birdlaw posted:

None of that happens on my wired 360 pad.

I'm using a PS3 controller and haven't had a single issue out of it. I'll second the thought that maybe you have joy2key or xpadder running and it's doubling up inputs?

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Huh. So. I've just discovered that when you 'close' XPadder, it minimises to your system tray instead of closing. All these years of using it and I never noticed that. I had it open from playing the old BOI and it was still running.

That would explain the lack of analogue movement as well.

How embarrassing.

I retract my comment about awful QA. That said, the lack of progress tracking is a big, critical one, that seems to be fairly widespread, and definitely shouldn't have made it past the test team. I stand by that.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja

Jibo posted:

I'm glad I must have some kind of reverse curse then because I've been playing it since it unlocked and have not encountered any kind of negative bug yet.

E: Spoilers for new room types: I encountered a bedroom that I had to bomb two planks off of the door to get to, there was a nickle on the floor and a bed in the corner. You can get in the bed and the screen fades and "Zzz..." shows up on the screen. But nothing else happened that I could tell and you can only do that once. Anyone know what that was about?

The bed restores health, also if you bomb the carpet in the middle of the room, you can drop down to the next level

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

For those who kept this thread bookmarked because they're experiencing problems with Rebirth, please check the post about glitches and fixes I made in the other thread.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Important bug & glitches update in the other thread.

Check it before it's drowned by the hundreds of new posts.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to post here again because getting the new game to work for the many people suffering from bugs is quite a bit more important than posting the latest item you unlocked. At least here my posts aren't getting drowned among the crap posts.

Click here to read the update to my Rebirth bugs & glitches effortpost

Summary: There was a patch. If the game still doesn't work properly but the original worked fine, they may or may not be able to fix it. You might be hosed, and the promise that it would work on any system that could run the original was a loving lie.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you're trying to put together a helpful post it usually helps not to word your posts about like a pissy hate letter, by the way

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

if you're trying to put together a helpful post it usually helps not to word your posts about like a pissy hate letter, by the way

Given the way Nicalis' founder has been addressing the community...its pretty warranted.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jivjov posted:

Given the way Nicalis' founder has been addressing the community...its pretty warranted.

cool, i'm sure he's going to give a flying gently caress about some random post on the something awful forums in the year of our lord 2014, so it's great that everyone else gets to see really passive aggressive poo poo sprinkled throughout a series of posts meant to maybe possibly not really help a handful of people on said forums

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This fix solves the 'white textures' problem for now.

There is a working beta available, and I'll tell you here how to unlock it. As it is a beta, it's possible that the next full update will delete your save file, use at own risk!

In Steam, right click on the game, and choose properties. Go to the 'betas' tab and enter the access code "whitetextures" (without the quote marks). It'll unlock the beta. Enable it in the same screen, close that screen, and wait a minute while the game gets updated.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Carbon dioxide posted:

Summary: There was a patch. If the game still doesn't work properly but the original worked fine, they may or may not be able to fix it. You might be hosed, and the promise that it would work on any system that could run the original was a loving lie.

Man if this is what you're like when a video game doesn't work, despite the developers saying it would before release, how the hell are you not going mental about things that are more sinister and actually matter?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nicalis is pretty terrible and every time I read something about them it's bad.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

and the promise that it would work on any system that could run the original was a loving lie.

Or maybe, maybe, maybe, there is no way to get 100% on every possible configuration of computers, and they couldn't test anything. It's not like the code has purposely programmed glitches that say if you're running a certain make of a graphics card, to crash to desktop. Unintentional, sure.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My computer is nine years old, chugged along in agony trying to play the original, and plays this one with only a touch of slowdown here and there. I'm sorry that your computer is like, Really Really old, dude, but sometimes programming is difficult. You can't always do what you set out to do.

For what it's worth, I was getting the black flash bug where you basically cannot fight mom's heart, and that got fixed in like 4 days. They're trying.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm not familiar with Nicalis other products but this seems like a fairly normal launch to me. The game came out, there's some bugs, they're fixing the bugs.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've encountered zero bugs on gods chosen system, the ps4.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Geight posted:

I'm not familiar with Nicalis other products but this seems like a fairly normal launch to me. The game came out, there's some bugs, they're fixing the bugs.

And you know what else is part of a normal launch? People complaining like petulant children about things not being perfect. So yep, totally normal

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Davincie posted:

i've encountered zero bugs on gods chosen system, the ps4.

:hfive:

I have been having really good luck playing with the gamepad too, I've played 5 games and have beaten mom's, mom's heart, satan and isaac where applicable each time with only one death (on Satan because of loving Cursed Eye teleporting me out of the room when he was almost dead).

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I'm not familiar with other Nicalis games but the 20 or so hours I've put in the new game have been stellar. It's really sad to see some people are having problems, let's hope the devs will work out most of the kinks in the near future because the game itself is great fun.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Are we seriously arguing over people that want to play the game despite not being able to ?
Don't act like you wouldn't try to fix the game by yourself if you had to.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

:hfive:

I have been having really good luck playing with the gamepad too, I've played 5 games and have beaten mom's, mom's heart, satan and isaac where applicable each time with only one death (on Satan because of loving Cursed Eye teleporting me out of the room when he was almost dead).

"The Cursed Eye isn't such a big deal, I've never even had it teleport me" - Me, fighting Satan with ??? with a really lovely loadout. I then get teleported out just as he's about to die :geno:.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I'm pretty sure you get teleported out if you're charging the shot when you get hit, otherwise you're fine.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Cryohazard posted:

I'm pretty sure you get teleported out if you're charging the shot when you get hit, otherwise you're fine.

Yeah, I got hit while I was tapping the button

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Ignite Memories posted:

My computer is nine years old, chugged along in agony trying to play the original, and plays this one with only a touch of slowdown here and there. I'm sorry that your computer is like, Really Really old, dude, but sometimes programming is difficult. You can't always do what you set out to do.

For what it's worth, I was getting the black flash bug where you basically cannot fight mom's heart, and that got fixed in like 4 days. They're trying.

I had issues initially on my lovely laptop, but then I found some things that worked and posted about it in the other thread:

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

After a quick googling, I found this reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2ld3t1/psa_how_to_speed_up_rebirth_considerably_even_on/

Doing everything in the top post there still didn't bring me up to normal running speed, but also changing VSync to 0 in the options.ini in my savedata folder did, so I can actually play the game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

New thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677970

• Locked thread