Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Three-Phase posted:

What would be really cool is to get a screenshot every once and awhile, and compile them to show the growth of the fortress as an animated GIF or video.
It'd be great if we could use http://mkv25.net/dfma/ for fortress-wide maps, since it'll iterate and save previous versions of the fort.

Users (not just the people uploading the map) can even add points of interest, which is pretty useful.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How about stonesense or whatever that isometric renderer is called?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Bad Munki posted:

Based on the screenshots in the OP, I put this together.

Wagon is at normal color, down is darker, up is lighter. If I had higher-res screenshots, I would gladly do this again, or in the future as the fortress grows. Of course, this only works for above-ground features.

Although I bet I could use dfhack to do this automatically, unless there's already a similar tool out there...

Beautiful. Didn't somebody demo something like this for DF a couple years back?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, sorta. It was a demo video that wasn't actually functional, but showed "here's what it could look like." Sorta like those UI mockups people do from time to time.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, sorta. It was a demo video that wasn't actually functional, but showed "here's what it could look like." Sorta like those UI mockups people do from time to time.

That's what I remember, too. It's so much more aesthetically pleasing than the cartoonish graphics in Stonesense, though I suppose you could achieve something of the same effect by darkening the Stonesense tiles.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I'm confused by the writing style, what happened in the prologue?

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Farecoal posted:

I'm confused by the writing style, what happened in the prologue?
I think one of the fortresses (Ripewhips) succumbed either to the goblins or a Forgotten Beast disease.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rurik posted:

I think one of the fortresses (Ripewhips) succumbed either to the goblins or a Forgotten Beast disease.

A common trend in world gen is goblins getting assimilated into dorf civilizations and then massively outbreeding them, resulting in a 'dwarven' civ that contains no dwarves.

Pretty sure that's a factor in what's going on.

And yeah, getting a time-lapse would be cool. Especially a stonesense time lapse, though it would be pretty big.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Tunicate posted:

A common trend in world gen is goblins getting assimilated into dorf civilizations and then massively outbreeding them, resulting in a 'dwarven' civ that contains no dwarves.

This, pretty much. Though the metaphor with the syndrome and "washing off the filth" hints that Bronzestabbed probably isn't gonna be the most tolerant fortress around.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chapter 1

1 Granite 236

All of us were eager to delve but first I put order to the disposition of our provisions and supplies and the livestock.

There is the matter of the horses. I had preferred to bring a mare or two for milk but there were few horses buyable at Shipshook and so I have two geldings. There will be no horse milk cheese but having done their duty with the wagon they will provide meat and skins. I ordered them pastured near the wagon for now until butchery and tannery are ready for their sacrifice.

I was able to procure a turkey hen which will provide eggs once we have a nestbox. It is restrained beside the wagon which I order broken down.

There are pairs of dogs and cats. The cats will roam and do not tolerate restraint despite games otherwise, but the bitch will guard our wagon while dwarves work. The male dog has training for hunting according to Internet Kraken although I do not know what such training entails. Internet Kraken is not permitted yet to hunt because the supply of metal bolts is for protection and war. However I assigned the hunting dog to his care so that the two will bond.

Internet Kraken was pleased and named the dog Urist Kubukuthir. Urist is the most common dwarf name and not a good name for a dog but I will not discourage Internet Kraken over his poor creativity.

Before beginning work I made assignments of administration. I am Expedition Leader which should be obvious but Nettle Soup was somehow surprised at this which is strange but I was too busy to think about it. Bad Munki I made Militia Commander although he is for now the only member of the Militia and must content to command himself.

I made myself also Manager which entails the conception and adminstration of work orders and materials and finished goods. None grumbled for this. Markus_cz I made Chief Medical Dwarf which also was obvious. Nettle Soup I designated Broker which news caused her to smile which is rare for Nettle Soup. I am also Bookkeeper which every dwarf did not want to be therefore it falls to me.

The earth is loam and silt loam and sand. But there are pebbles and cobbles and boulders of limestone as well which is a good sign for prospecting. None of us is skilled with the pick but soil is the easiest to delve. Therefore I took a pick and gave one to Nettle Soup. Vox Nihili will cut wood. Internet Kraken will build a butchery and a tannery that Vox Nihili will design, and scamtank will gather local plants for there are abundant bushes with fruit even in early spring.

Bad Munki will arm himself and protect all. There is no facility yet for training but I advised him to make whatever provision of defense he deems wisest and he informed that he would establish a patrol. Bad Munki also informed he will lead the squadron 'The Stormy Lancers' which is a good military name but I do not understand how one dwarf can be a squad.
“It is so that the Administrator can assign equipment and barracks of course,” he told me, and I admitted that of the military records that I had seen in the past all were arranged thusly although squads always contained more dwarfs. “I assign the copper helm and an axe to The Stormy Lancers” I told him, and marked it on paper, and he was satisfied.

Markus_cz is our Chief Medical Dwarf but there are no injuries or illnesses and every dwarf must labor. Therefore Markus_cz must haul. I informed that my most recent job prior to The Noble Work was cleaning the fishery but Markus_cz was not needful of encouragement.

Having given orders I selected a likely embankment and endeavored to dig.

3rd Granite
On his patrols Bad Munki has spotted wildlife. Internet Kraken and scamtank assist with identification. There is a kestrel and a weasel (which must be kept from the turkey) and there are fish seen in the brook although I forbade close approach of the brook. Vox Nihili tells that where fish live Lorsith watches. Vox is a faithful worshipper of Lorsith but he must not worship at the brook.

Local critters:

Silt loam is soft but my hands are soft also and they blister. Yet this simple labor is pleasing.

6th Granite
We carved into the bank two small rooms and hallways and found only soil. Therefore we cut deeper and made to spiral downward until stone is found. Stone will give security and also mineral wealth.

A butchery and tannery are finished just outside the mine entrance.

Prickle berries and wild strawberries were gathered in small quantity. I ordered stockpiles of food and finished goods indoors.

Deeper digging finds silt loam and loam gives way to sand gives way to sandy clay loam.

8th Granite
Beneath sandy clay loam Nettle Soup and I strike limestone. It is expected given the limestone at the surface but expectation fulfilled is a great satisfaction. Before delving deeper we will attempt to cut blocks for doors and workshops and implements.

In the meantime more space is needed near the tunnel entrance for storage to get things indoors before foul weather spoils or enemy thieves. I sent Nettle Soup above to cut more loam.

16th Granite

A larger space is finished and I ordered all items brought indoors save wood which I desired stockpiled outside the entrance. Animals are re-pastured likewise outside the entrance but without view of the butchery which would be cruel.

Nettle Soup joins me below where we mostly break stone into useless small chunks but have succeeded at two limestone rocks sufficient for construction.

I ordered more room above for workshops: for masonry and carpentry.

The kestrel soars over the tainted land across the brook. Bad Munki jokes perhaps it hunts ghosts but it is not funny.

17th Granite

Cutting north through limestone she struck sand but lacking any order to stop Nettle Soup dug further. It was joyful accident because she struck malachite!

23rd Granite
All cease labors for drink and food. I took opportunity to speak to the six during relaxation at the food stockpile and reflected that this was not dissimilar to my first meeting with Sankis although the facilities were much cruder.

“Today we have found an ore of copper below,” I began, and this news prompted a toast and quaffing. “I need not elaborate the importance,” I continued, “for you all know without supply of metal Bronzestabbed could not endure long.” Dwarves nodded. “There is found here wood and berries and fish and likely game. There is stone and metal. Bronzestabbed has future. Therefore the time has come that I divulge facts which were not explained although with patience you will learn why,” I said, but my desire to speak quickly and thus preempt questioning of withheld knowledge was unfulfilled.

“Is it about goblins?” asked Vox Nihili and I was taken aback.

“Aye, it is, in part, but... how did you know?” I queried. The other dwarves had ceased their chewing and regarded each other and me with faces that admitted mutual prior discussion without my knowing.

“There's dark fortresses out here” scamtank responded. “We passed between two in the late winter. You didn't say anything so we knew you didn't want to talk about it. Found out about them back in Youthmachine. You know. From the foreigners.”

Bad Munki and Internet Kraken nodded to each other and although I was exposed as lacking candidness no dwarf accused.

“Nettle Soup urged trust and patience,” added Vox, and I was thankful to her in my heart for unearned loyalty.

“Well. Yes. We are nearer to dark fortresses than any dwarf should feel comfortable, Tithleth knows. But this is where we have come, and therefore, if the goblins discover us...”

“When they discover us,” interrupted Bad Munki, and I was forced to agree.

“Aye, Bad Munki. In all likelihood goblins will scout us eventually. And when they do, it is our duty to repel them from our threshold, with Etest's favor.” It was not by accident I invoked religion for Gods desire that dwarves be steadfast.

“Why?” asked Markus_cz, quietly. Although he leaned against a barrel in apparent repose it was the question I did not wish to wrestle yet. But I would not lie to them.

“Because the Queen commands it,” I told The Noble Work.

For the first time the six of them recognized the true meaning of our group's name.

1st Slate (mid-spring)
We dug the chamber for the new workshops. While on the top level I noticed dwarves using a hole from the stockpile room to enter and exit. It was my fault because I designated mining which Nettle Soup faithfully followed which made the hole. A limestone block was wedged to fill the gap and no dwarf criticized but I know all saw my error. I must endeavor to do better.

Nettle Soup discussed that at a craftdwarfshop a nest box can be made for the turkey into which she will lay for us eggs. I desired to carve malachite but before smelting must come basic facilities. Therefore I designated more room for workshops and storage. A kitchen for roasts and a brewery must be next as well for raw horse is savage and booze will not last through autumn even with restraint in guzzling.

9th slate
A masonry is prepared. The still and kitchen await construction and there is more room for food storage. I ordered the slaughter of horses. Bad Munki should have armor and the meat stored indoors will not spoil.

I have not kept track of paperwork. During travel I stored records in the wagon but now there is no place. Bad Munki has not complained but I desire that he should have his barracks soon as well for he patrols endlessly in circles. Internet Kraken has no job and therefore as soon as the craftsworks is made I will order wooden bolts. With wooden bolts I will allow hunting. When there is time a fishery may be built although I will restrict Internet Kraken to the nearby pools and not the evil brook along which grow the purple trees. Scamtank called them Glumpwrongs which Vox Nihili agrees (he being the woodcutter must know of wood). I will not order cutting of glumpwrongs for no furniture should be a foul purple hue.

Pantheon of the Rare Ship
pre:
Name (translated)				Domain				Aspect			Name (untranslated)
Id the Sienna Gravel				minerals			A male dwarf		Id Ecoshasen
Etest						metals, fortresses, war		A male dwarf		Etest
Ngalak the Boulder of Mountains			mountains, caverns		A male eagle		Ngalak Etur Onol
Osram						wealth				A female dwarf		Osram
Dakas Goldgranite the Gravel of Avalanches	jewels				A male dwarf		Dakas Limullolok Asen Moldath
Igest the Silken Embrace			writing, poetry, thunder, 	A male dwarf		Igest Nestethkurol
						storms, the rain
Tithleth Dreamyriddles the Subtleties of Mist	dreams, the night, darkness	A female dwarf		Tithleth Nazomnokgol Ozor Sod
Ugath Muckcrypts				deformity, disease		A male dwarf		Ugath Zagstokmomuz
Lorsith						fish, lakes, coasts		A female dwarf		Lorsith
Titthal						fame, rumors			A female dwarf		Titthal
Esar						marriage			A female dwarf		Esar

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 24, 2012

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have tried to restrict the width of items on the page to something reasonable without timg everything. If it's unreasonably wide for people please let me know and I'll adjust. In the above update the gods table is the widest thing but I couldn't get it to be smaller without making it really messy.

Bad Munki posted:

Based on the screenshots in the OP, I put this together.

Wagon is at normal color, down is darker, up is lighter. If I had higher-res screenshots, I would gladly do this again, or in the future as the fortress grows. Of course, this only works for above-ground features.

Although I bet I could use dfhack to do this automatically, unless there's already a similar tool out there...

This is great! Let me know what I should send you and I'll be happy to take screenshots.

I do also have Stonesense and it is working. But I hate it: it occludes things, is clunky to work with, and I can never really manage to get a good view of the fortress that doesn't make it look weird and mashed. Also the cartoonishness bugs me and there are some assets without graphics and some labels look weird.

I may still occasionally use Stonesense to give a sense of the fortress if it gets really confusing but mostly I'm going to avoid it. If future overseers want to though, it'll be included in the zip and they're free to use it.

e. pretty much this is the best I can manage:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 24, 2012

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it funny that everyone is worried about goblins when the fort is sitting right next to an evil biome. I'd be more concerned about the inevitable undead.

Glumprong would be good to make bolts out of since its heavier than normal wood.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Kill the cats before it's too late.

And that's a pretty rockin' pantheon! I like Tithleth and Ugath.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Interesting that our god of mountains and caves is an eagle rather than a dwarf... Maybe it's a similar case to beak-dogs?

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Cool, the first actual update! It's nice to see the earth being stricken and the first foundations of the future dwarven metropolis being laid.

I just hope Bad Munki doesn't end up comatose this time.

Leperflesh posted:

The kestrel soars over the tainted land across the brook. Bad Munki jokes perhaps it hunts ghosts but it is not funny.

It would be hilarious if that kestrel would be to die somehow over there and return as flying undead bird of... death. I think we'll be seeing some wildlife from Over There relatively soon anyway.

The pantheon is really great. Tithleth and Ugath have especially appropriate names.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Triskelli posted:

Interesting that our god of mountains and caves is an eagle rather than a dwarf... Maybe it's a similar case to beak-dogs?

I imagine that in the days before time, some dwarf was climbing a mountain when a giant eagle picked him up and threw him off. Forever after, dwarves knew that the mountains belonged to the eagles.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
No god of suicide this time, but Grandfather Ugath should be a suitable replacement.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Triskelli posted:

Of course the god of the inside is an eagle. Dwarves have more experience with mountains and caves than anyone, they've never seen any gods banging about, ergo the god must be a bird of some sort.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I really like how you take niggly game mechanics and turn them into flavour, where it's dwarves being stubborn or traditional or whatever. Like this:

Leperflesh posted:

Bad Munki also informed he will lead the squadron 'The Stormy Lancers' which is a good military name but I do not understand how one dwarf can be a squad.
“It is so that the Administrator can assign equipment and barracks of course,” he told me, and I admitted that of the military records that I had seen in the past all were arranged thusly although squads always contained more dwarfs. “I assign the copper helm and an axe to The Stormy Lancers” I told him, and marked it on paper, and he was satisfied.

Also, am I the only one that's a bit worried about our animal situation?

e: Igest is the best god. POETRY and STORMS

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Diploid posted:

Huh? Over 200 back?
Well, that's one Daeren overseership, that's not so bad.
Hey, don't get me killed the moment I show up!

I resemble that remark :colbert:

YeOldeButchere posted:

No god of suicide this time, but Grandfather Ugath should be a suitable replacement.

Yeah, I'm feelin some Grandpappy Nurgle vibes from Ugath. Of that list, Tithleth and Igath look to have the most potential for cool stuff, as Tithleth's domains fit together quite nicely and Igath implies that rains and storms are heavily linked with inspiration and language.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rurik posted:

It would be hilarious if that kestrel would be to die somehow over there and return as flying undead bird of... death. I think we'll be seeing some wildlife from Over There relatively soon anyway.

The pantheon is really great. Tithleth and Ugath have especially appropriate names.

That's why he needs to let me go hunting! Every animal we let go by is a potential zombie! :argh:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
So I made a thing, its a bit rough, and some of the trees may be flying, but its good enough to show.

Then again, I've not touched my 3D Modelling program in about 2 years.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Internet Kraken posted:

That's why he needs to let me go hunting! Every animal we let go by is a potential zombie! :argh:

Animals are only zombified after they've been killed, aren't they? Outside of huskifying rains, of course.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

We should build a temple to Ugath on the far side of the river. Or just wall the whole thing off and divert a portion of the river through steel wallgrates to form a lake we can siphon inside to build wells.

gently caress the undead.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
That's awesome, Grey!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Triskelli posted:

Animals are only zombified after they've been killed, aren't they? Outside of huskifying rains, of course.

Yes, but if those animals fly into the deadly dust we'll get dust husks which are a hundred times worse than normal zombies/

In other words;

Demiurge4 posted:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm just hoping for a lycanthropic mitosis scenario.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Grey Hunter posted:

So I made a thing, its a bit rough, and some of the trees may be flying, but its good enough to show.

Grey Hunter, are you gunning for God of LPs and lovely 3D models?

That's beautiful. Care to give a short post on how interested folks could do the same?

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Leperflesh posted:

What kind of dwarfs are you, using the elven slabs? :colbert:

Really loving the update style, by the way.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

day 36
Bronzestabbed, in here somewhere

Chief pioneer said they bruised their heads against the green jinx down below. Copper is almost always a poor sign. Taking the room from all the proper earth wealth and making forts poor and haggardly and elastic against blows.

It makes for not very good weapons. Not very good armor, first stands a hit and then bends like reed. Not very good puzzleboxes. Maybe good carving knives, if they didn't bend so fast. Best for archers, maybe. Heavier than wood. Persuades bronze sometimes to bend too.

Dad did not worry much over the malachite. He gave it to masons for decorative floor blocks. An elf guildsman was soothed with a bin full of offered figurines. A pretty green color. He said it was the noblest of all coppers, it did not taint the earth with its presence alone. The iron and the flux tolerated its company. I only hope we strike more than the green.

At least my pots and pans won't be nethercap this time. Maybe I'll try the stew again.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Demiurge4 posted:

We should build a temple to Ugath on the far side of the river. Or just wall the whole thing off and divert a portion of the river through steel wallgrates to form a lake we can siphon inside to build wells.

I like this idea.

Of course, building temples to all the Gods would be ideal, but one thing at a time.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It isn't immediately apparent to me from the screenshots: where is the barracks that I'm supposed to be training at? Because remember, I won't train unless I have some sort of barracks...my personal recommendation would be an armor stand or weapon rack at, near, or just outside the main entrance, such that I am training in the way of any would-be trespassers. Also so I can greet any newcomers!

Also, yay, an axe and a helmet! I think this one brings out my eyes the best.

the secret to getting my hair to do that with a helmet on is that it's actually a pick-over :ssh:

e: nevermind on the barracks, I get it now. My advice still stands about the location! A simple armor stand in the entrance will do nicely, thank you. :shobon:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 24, 2012

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Definitely need to build something to appease Ugath before he sends a FB with necrotizing breath to make an example of you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've updated the third post with fan art, journal entries, and started linking updates.

Ugath really is great. I've found maybe a quarter of dwarven civs in the current version have a dark god among the pantheon. This particular pantheon was one reason why I kept the init strings the same when I was forced to regenerate the world a couple of times: I really liked that there's plenty of gods, some important and some not so much; and of course, Leperfish worships Igest which is completely appropriate.

Boing posted:

I really like how you take niggly game mechanics and turn them into flavour, where it's dwarves being stubborn or traditional or whatever.

Thanks. My personal tendency is towards literalism and anal-retentiveness and detail, and so I tend to reflexively try to incorporate everything in the game. Glossing over something is hard for me: ignoring it (even for good reason) is really hard. So I try to channel those failings into something creative and, periodically, make myself let some things go or I'll never finish.

Grey Hunter posted:

Fantastic. Added to the 3rd post.

Cathulhu posted:

What kind of dwarfs are you, using the elven slabs? :colbert:

Dwarves definitely use paper. Small tools and incidental items aren't modeled in DF, but we know they're there. In my case, my dwarf has a portable journal which includes a map - even clay slabs would rapidly become unwieldy, much less stone.

If you like, though, you can imagine that Dwarven Paper is made of felted beard hair and sand cemented together with fungus extract.

Very nice, and we have our first journal entry! I'm linking these in the third post. Also I love scamtank's internal voice.

Bad Munki posted:

Also, yay, an axe and a helmet! I think this one brings out my eyes the best.

Nice, I've swapped out the image in the 3rd post for the new one.

Also yeah Leperfish knows you need a barracks but there are a lot of competing priorities.

Lovely! Added to the 3rd post.

I'd actually love to see portraits of all the members of the pantheon, if anyone is feeling frisky.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:haw:

I don't think I'll be writing much, I dislike carving my emotions down in stone, but Leperfish has requested some words from each of us, to be carved into the base of the statue we will place before the entrance, and I feel I must lay out my thoughts beforehand.

Upon our arrival here Leperfish designated himself our leader, which - don't tell anyone! - I find rather a relief. I was willing to take the helm if nobody else put themselves forward, but truth be told, I am not a good leader and I trust that he will do well. I have quietly stepped back and instead I have taken up mining and watching out for merchants, carving the halls where many dwarves will live and die and seeing that we become known as good traders. It's rather satisfying and, for now at least, I feel content.

It would be nice if we had some tables and chairs, I would like a desk so I could write more and a chair so I could sit upright, but these things will come in time. For now this short piece has served to settle my mind, and I know now what I shall request for my words on the entrance stone.

Ingest, do us well. Guide our chisels so that our words may thunder throughout this land.

It'll do.

- Nettle Soup.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 24, 2012

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Seems that I worship the fish god and the marriage god. Looks like my dwarf has a long way to go in proving himself. I suppose clear-cutting half of the trees on the surface will be a good start.

The "evil" territory looks deceptively welcoming right now. No empty, dead terrain, no clear signs of evil beasts, no thick carpet of ever-blinking eyes in place of grass. I guess we'll find out what terrors it conceals soon enough.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I always look forward to these threads, especially since I can't seem to invest the time to ever play Dwarf Fortress myself. I'm definitely loving the writing so far, and can't wait to see what the other overseers have in store.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aw, it seems Nettle Soupdwarf has a hard time coming to grips with management positions :)

(She's designated as trader - Leperfish is bookkeeper)

I have a lot to do today so while I'm going to check in regularly the next update will probably be tomorrow.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Excellent to see that there will be apparently no lack in the need for military dwarves. Also, I can't wait to see the dwarves' reactions for when the evil biome eventually begins raining blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
Yes, new Dwarf Fortress LP! I am surprised I managed to get in under 300. I can't wait for my dude to show up in the middle of a siege and die instantly.

I thought I would contribute with my rendition of Osram, God of Wealth.

• Locked thread