Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Good to see the string of excellent Goonfort names is continuing.

Medicaldwarfing is an interesting part of these things, since it's probably the area that has either the most changes to it or at least a lot of very game-affecting changes. Syndromes are certainly a bitch. Thinking back to old games, I wonder - does being on fire also rid you of syndrome-spreading dust?

Edit: And now I want to play Dwarf Fortress, but I was waiting until they updated Therapist for the latest version. I'm so stuck on using it as a crutch now for those 30 dwarf migration waves.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

geri_khan posted:

Oooh neat. This should be good! Looking forward to more.

Is there anything new to DF since the last big LP that we can look forward to?
Off the top of my head, various undead including vampires and mine cart systems.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Triskelli posted:

Interesting that our god of mountains and caves is an eagle rather than a dwarf... Maybe it's a similar case to beak-dogs?
Of course the god of the inside is an eagle. Dwarves have more experience with mountains and caves than anyone, they've never seen any gods banging about, ergo the god must be a bird of some sort.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

sebmojo posted:

I've always thought Dwarf Fortress would end up being the pre-Alpha for the Matrix. This is doing nothing to dispel that.
"You get used to it. I don't even see the code anymore. Just dwarf, zombie, elephant."

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The thing I like about ridiculous DF update suggestions is that even the weirdest stuff has a ring of plausibility to it.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, elves are finicky. Offer them just one wooden item (or one item created through the use of wood, if I remember right) and off they gently caress, leading their caravans of cloth, seeds, and angry caged animals away.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Good to see that my lack of empathy and poor understanding of social situations doesn't get in the way of my enjoying them.

I think dwarf me is going to grow up to be one of those people who blathers on and on about their favourite subject. I hope you all like hearing about voracious cave crawlers!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Kennel posted:

That quite optimistic view considering that dwarven babies rarely survive long enough to grow up.
Well, that's not strictly accurate. It's highly possible i'll be abducted, though. And then presumably returned very quickly.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

FinalSin posted:

Bronzestabbed is feeling quite an apt name after having a bronze spear brutally avenge the death of the fortress' first born.
I'm pretty sure this post by itself summons a bronze colossus to the fortress.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Appropriate given the Olympics that my dwarf is apparently getting some good running practice.

Honestly shocked he made it to childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

I think ambush parties do move towards the fortress, but very slowly (sneaking and all that), and probably quite disjointedly. I've uncovered ambush parties embarrassingly close to my main door before.
Not to mention that they now are apparently smart enough to hide/wait outside the range of your marksdwarves if they have no way to shoot back, the bastards.

• Locked thread