Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Getting in on the ground floor of this one! Looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Asehujiko posted:

I didn't really follow Syrupleaf/Gemclod, what was that?

It was a syndrome carried by a forgotten beast called Nol which ended up spreading all over the fortress - as I remember, it made anyone affected by the disease vomit constantly, and anyone who came into contact with the vomit also got infected. The only way it was eventually controlled was to organise the mass bathing of the entire fortress. This was in Gemclod.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

quote:

This is a freakishly close personality assessment on the whole.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

JamieTheD posted:

:negative: I'm so sorry, JCS! :negative:

nooooooooo

Well, I can't say I'm unhappy with that death! It was about as dwarfy as possible, and if I hadn't wanted to be mauled to death by a werehyena in my first month of life I would have bootstrapped my way out of being born. As for ghostly baby overseer, not a chance, I'm afraid. I've never been able to get into DF (though it's now a few years since I actually tried playing it); I've always loved reading about it, but I find the game itself fairly impenetrable. I'd be a particularly inept overseer (which might be apt for a ghost baby, but hey). And I've got a writing portfolio to do at the moment anyway, so creativity for LPs is low on the agenda.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

JamieTheD posted:

EDIT: Also, ENGRAVE JCS' TOMB, DAMMIT! I wasn't able to in the reload, so that's my own mandate... WE MUST REMEMBER JOHN CHARITY SPRINGS!

You guys. :3: I'm choking up here.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
This new overseer is great. Loving the style.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Let's hope that the Demon Rats are not in fact Bad Rats.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
i poo poo trains is the best dwarf-dad a dead dwarf infant could ever have had.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
My poor family. :smith:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

SirPhoebos posted:

Let me know what you all think. Future histories will contain more than one overseer.

Yes! Keep at these.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
1. Qword.

2. Leave him, but he should be conscripted into the militia as soon as he is of age, to atone.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I love it when fortresses go into lockdown like this.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
It's great to get a proper overview of the fortress again - as a layperson, it was getting a little impenetrable. Good updates so far, Jazzimus.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
RIP Steve, first murked dwarf.

What was the name of the shield JimmytheD made? The something of Neutralling? The FPS counter obscured it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Twisting a sword around in that goblin's eye? Jesus. That's rough.

• Locked thread