Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga

Herr Zwiebel posted:

You are going somewhere with this, right? I mean, after deviating from the succession format for months. Is there going to be a payoff? Do you have a battle plan?

It's been like a year and this is the first hint of plot. This winding up is a joke. There won't be any payoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

This thing with the weasel is literally the only interesting thing that has happened in like an irl year in this LP so please don't just edit it out.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Anyone want to go back and count how many times it's been said that we are 2-3 updates away from being done with this?

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I'm determined to wrap this up

Hmmmm when have we heard that before

Leperflesh posted:

But here's the deal, guys: I really am wrapping it up now.

July. This is a total mess dude, why did we even move away from the succession format in the first place.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It's a fair criticism.

But, what do you mean, "we"? You have not participated, at all. Your first post in this thread was to complain, and your other three posts have also been to complain. You were never part of the succession format, or as far as I can tell, even a reader of this LP, until long after "we" moved away from the succession format.

To answer your question, though: the rest of us moved away from the succession format because we ran out of goons interested in taking turns. I had a sense of a storyline I wanted to use to wrap up the fortress, and radically underestimated both how long it would take to implement, and how tedious running the fortress in its current state would be. I also obviously got caught up in minutiae, such as narrating mass invasions, which I ought to have skimmed.

Having put this much effort into it, now, though - over 80 updates since I took over - I am absolutely not going to just half-rear end the finale. If you find yourself unable to tolerate the waiting, there is a whole forum of other LPs for you to go poo poo in.

Yes dude, tell me more about how you can tell I haven't been a reader of this LP. :allears: Sure I haven't played but DF is like EVE, it sucks to play but is fun to read about other people playing.

I feel you and my criticism should be more constructive. My b. I don't mean to poo poo on you because you are clearly aware of the problems there have been and I know you have been working hard. I'm excited to see what happens for the finale and it's cool now that we have some sort of a plot going. But let's remember this for the future cause I don't think anyone is pumped that the game kinda went into statis for a while with a bunch of updates about stockpiles and bruising the flesh when the idea of moving away from the succession was to put a cool plot cap on it.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Hey cool see now we are having a dialog, much better.

I'm sure there are many people who read this LP and do not post. However I can't really take them into account: I have no idea if they're enjoying themselves or not. The "we" for an LP surely has to be focused on the people who are actually participating: the posters.

That's cool but maybe if you want feedback don't be all like "you're not one of us!!!" when you get it. Yeah I put you on blast and my bad. But earlier you made some post like "I know we still have interest cause there are like 500 view jumps every time I post." So don't be like "hey cool silent viewers" but then discount us in the next breath.

Ghostwoods posted:

You are so totally and utterly wrong.

Okay well, at least one dude is pumped for stockpile updates. :henget:

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah OK, that's a fair point. I definitely favor the opinions of folks who have posted throughout the LP, and particularly those who have contributed, via fan art, journal entries, etc. So maybe you represent the silent majority and I should give you more due.

But you only started complaining long, long after it was too late to change course. I give this LP every bit of spare time I can afford, and really have been leaping forward in-game time a lot more, during the last month or two. One update per week is the best I can manage without burning out or alienating my wife.

You gotta take care of fams. :respek:

You work mad hard and you're definitely the OG of DF on SA. I'm not perfect and I've done wrong, I just want to see some cool DF poo poo happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Clean epilogue, very good stuff and I liked it.

• Locked thread