Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Thanks for posting the dwarf descriptions, I'm already working on art.

Anyone who winds up as a vampire should be given the next turn as Overseer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

My interpretation of Leperfish. If you feel his skin is too orange, not my fault, DF gives every color a specific RGB value that doesn't really ever come up anywhere and I cannot deviate from the canon.

Click for a bigger one.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Interesting that our god of mountains and caves is an eagle rather than a dwarf... Maybe it's a similar case to beak-dogs?

I imagine that in the days before time, some dwarf was climbing a mountain when a giant eagle picked him up and threw him off. Forever after, dwarves knew that the mountains belonged to the eagles.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Definitely need to build something to appease Ugath before he sends a FB with necrotizing breath to make an example of you.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Segway Rave posted:

Yes, new Dwarf Fortress LP! I am surprised I managed to get in under 300. I can't wait for my dude to show up in the middle of a siege and die instantly.

I thought I would contribute with my rendition of Osram, God of Wealth.

Radical. Obviously we should have a different person depict each member of the pantheon.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Nidhhogg posted:

Sweet a new DF LP. So there was an idea I was toying around with during Gemclod. Doing kind of a build-along, constructing the fort in minecraft and then taking ss and maybe a video to give an idea of the scale of some of the mega projects, like the duck keg.

Is this just a dumb idea or something you'd guys like to see? I don't want to detract from the actual LP, just provide a more 3d visual than stonesense.

I don't think it was updated for either new versions of DF or new versions of Minecraft, but there was a utility for importing DF maps into Minecraft. It did each tile as a 3x3x3 block with floors just being 3x3x1. It was pretty cool, but it seems like a big hassle to do manually. It would be interesting to see how you handle it if it is something you attempt.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

DarthXaos posted:

If we have dinosaurs shouldn't they be called weird names in order to fit withing the existing canon of velociraptor = "beak dog"?

Beak dogs really aren't quite velociraptors. For instance, they have beaks. They also have gizzards, which I guess velociraptors might have had, dunno.

They do have the same number of toes.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

PotatoManJack posted:

There is no 'can't'

All it takes is 5 seconds and adding in the [TRAINABLE] tag in the code. I usually add [TRAINABLE] to every single animal when I first load up a new version of DF.

Well, except that unless your fort is in an evil swamp then every beakdog you ever see will already have been trained. Trained to hate you.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Don't you also need to re-world-gen for edits to creature raws to take effect?

[TRAINABLE] is one of the ones you can add to an in-progress fort.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I believe Nol was some kind of pterosaur. I only remember this because I drew a picture of him I never posted.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Whoops. Right. And I actually posted the picture I did of Nol. Gotta get more sleep.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I don't know if a roof will save you, but I can verify that just a wall won't stop an evil mist.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

One hell of a tough act to follow, that's for sure.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I was considering applying for an overseership, but now I pretty much have to. Bright young weasel-slayer vs. stodgy old beard. The narrative practically writes itself!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Worst case scenario is that you're dwarfed as a native born baby.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Since it's a random material, you'd have to pull basically the same process that you use to take [BUILDING_DESTROYER] off of demons.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Did a sketch of my dwarf, with her recessed chin, upturned nose, and extremely long hair.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Sam. posted:

That's not a dwarf, that's a short human. Dwarves have beards.

If it makes you feel better, you can just pretend she shaves it off because of her extreme distaste for authority and tradition.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I'm tempted, but unfortunately I'm actually pretty busy this week. Plus I've had some bad experiences with tiny undead in DF, and I don't want to be the guy who has to post the update explaining how someone died fighting a zombie kestrel.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Alternatively,
1) breach caverns
2) excavate every soil layer
3) all your bins are white, yellow, red, blue, and purple

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

10 people, eh? Well obviously now you have to choose by rolling a d10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Man if you aren't making as many things as possible out of Tunnel Tubes than what is even the point.

• Locked thread