Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

neogeo0823 posted:

Yeah, I've been trying to mitigate the damage as much as possible. I assigned everyone a job that has no duties to get them all to crowd into the great hall plot, suspended every stockpile and work area outside of the main island, but it all seems for naught, as the water rises to cover all the land mass. This wouldn't be too intolerable if not for the fact that despite the FPS registering as 2, it's actually closer to 2 FPM right now. Even if all my gnomes drowning wouldn't basically end the fledgling fort, it'd take literal days for the water to stabilize and for me to remove it.

Now I know how Noah felt. :smith:

Is there anything out there that can remove all the water from a map entirely? Some way to edit the save file, or a utility or whatever?

GnomoriaSaveGameEditor (got it from the forum) has a remove water button. I havn't tried it but that might do what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It's been too long since I played. What's the first undergrown level you start getting enemies spawning in without proper lighting. Is it -10 depth or did it change?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

duz posted:

GnomoriaSaveGameEditor (got it from the forum) has a remove water button. I havn't tried it but that might do what you want.

That's what I was using to add the water in the first place. I tried letting the game go for a few frames, then save/quit, edit water out, reload, but it didn't work. The water just picks up right where it left off. Looks like in 4 in game years of work is down the drain, and the map is dead before I could even build the first building, bridge, or wall. gently caress, that's disappointing.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

neogeo0823 posted:

That's what I was using to add the water in the first place. I tried letting the game go for a few frames, then save/quit, edit water out, reload, but it didn't work. The water just picks up right where it left off. Looks like in 4 in game years of work is down the drain, and the map is dead before I could even build the first building, bridge, or wall. gently caress, that's disappointing.

Now I'm even more convinced to make backups before I do any editing.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
So I was messing around with my gnome town and I noticed a golem dropped an item I had never seen before. I couldn't figure out what to do with it so I checked the forums and I guess a new update just dropped.

quote:

Added automatons

Researched after prosthetic limbs
Crafted at Engineer Shop
Requires a golem core to craft. Golem cores have a chance of spawning when golems are killed
Body part materials are determined by the materials of components used
Can be repaired at an Engineer Shop using armor plates
Die when core or fuel tank is destroyed in combat
Automatons dismantle on death. If the core is still intact it can be used to recraft the automaton with a penalty to skills
Can perform jobs and be on squads
Can't equip weapons or armor
Requires coal to run. Gnomes will add coal when empty otherwise automatons refuel themselves. They don't eat/drink/sleep

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Sweet update.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Holy poo poo that's amazing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was quite happy to play this back when Towns was a contender, but I must remember that it still is called Early Access. I must resist having minions.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was quite happy to play this back when Towns was a contender, but I must remember that it still is called Early Access. I must resist having minions.

The only good thing Towns ever did is cause me to learn about Gnomoria from a 'why does Towns suck so much' thread.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bitcoin bastard posted:

The only good thing Towns ever did is cause me to learn about Gnomoria from a 'why does Towns suck so much' thread.

I bought both of them on Steam because they are Dwarf Fortress-like games and was saddened but not surprised when Towns turned out to be terrible and then abandoned.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Latest indev branch release adds modding support.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

This could be really awesome, though this part sucks:

RoboB0b posted:

Right now you have to start a new game for a new mod and the associated mod will be used when loading saves.

I wonder if any of the save editors let you edit the enabled mods.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Wallet posted:

This could be really awesome, though this part sucks:

I wonder if any of the save editors let you edit the enabled mods.
I think the "Right now" is relevant. He's rewriting most of the game to provide the mod hooks and people were getting a bit antsy over the delay in updates.

Though if I'm reading it right you can change the mod itself. So if someone updates a mod you can load the updated version into a game you started with the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Splicer posted:

I think the "Right now" is relevant. He's rewriting most of the game to provide the mod hooks and people were getting a bit antsy over the delay in updates.

Though if I'm reading it right you can change the mod itself. So if someone updates a mod you can load the updated version into a game you started with the old one.

Yeah, it seems like it. I guess, given how simple the current modding system is (based on his description), you could pretty easily merge multiple mods together to get around it, if you wanted to. The bigger issue is that you still need a single mod already enabled to do that, so pre-extant games can't load any mods. He'll probably fix it, anyway.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 18, 2015

• Locked thread